I'm getting an acti-fry!!

OMG!!! Im panicing..

just googled acti-frys and watched a watch-dog thing on acti-frys.. im really really scared its going to blow up/ set alite my house!

I so badly want one now but would never forgive myself if burnt my mother kitchen down or hurt anyone..

:cry:

Um, ye, about that. Mine went bang, but they sent me a new one. And 3 of my class members also went bang.:(

Iv heard that that was the old model, and they'v since been recalled and that the new model is completely 100% safe. i'm really not sure how i feel about it now,

run the risk and possibly never expierance probs and have fab chips..

or never buy one, and miss out..

or buy on a run risk of burning down house.. :confused:

Get one Fern. It's not like you'll be leaving it on it's own, like say, a slow cooker. It is so worth it. I missed mine so much while it was being replaced. Hopefully they've ironed out the reason for them going pop, and all is well again.

balance.... all chip pans carry risks.... just be sensible.... caution when in use and hidden when intoxicated lol

PS I want one!

Well i went to costco yesterday again and had another look.
I stand there longingly looking at it with puppy dog eyes hoping my oh with say oh go on get it but nope.....:(
Everytime he asks what i want for chrimble i just ask for one....lol.

Well anyway its a new one now that has replaced the white one (the new one is black) and it is £115 in Costco....well worth it ;)

They were demonstrating the Actifry on Ideal World last night, and the chef was making the chips using Spraylight Oil - he said 4 sprays was all it needed, and they looked delicious when they were cooked.

He was cooking all sorts of food, the mixed veggies looked beautifully cooked and again he used Spraylight Oil.

So I am keeping my fingers crossed that Santa has one in his sack with my name on it this year, Oooh, I do hope so....

If I win the lottery I'll buy you one Donnie!

can anyone who has, or has studied it, tell me with an actifry, how many sins are chips made in there? how much oil to you use - can u use spraylight? Thanks x

apparently 1 tbsp of oil is needed and if you use extra virgin then its a Hex b!

<<<<<< bought one months ago and I use FRYLIGHT on the chips not the oil. Works just the same so I can have as many as i want on Gree or EE!! Well worth buying, altho nothing beats chippy chips! lol

Ours went bang last week, thought we had just over used it. It was only 5 months old so took it back to Argos and they replaced it straight away.

Back