I'm going to be gorgeous-and this is my plan

Squidge

I never had an issue with my weight until my 21st birthday. Then it was like someone flipped a switch. Instead of fluctuating by a few pounds my weight now fluctuates by a few stone!! Before xmas last year I weighed in at almost 11 stone, my heaviest ever. I was furious with myself and immediately began cutting calories. I managed to lose half a stone in a few weeks but was constantly hungry and felt deprived of… everything! To top it off, my boyfriend and I broke up a few days after xmas :( then I was made redundant in the new year. So since then I’ve been eating everything in sight. If it’s stodgy or fattening I’ll eat it!

This morning I woke up and decided that as it’s Valentine’s day I would show someone that I love them-ME.
So… I joined my local Weight Watchers meeting this morning and have never been so excited about going on a diet. Everyone in the group seems so friendly and my leader is a fab fun woman who I know is going to get me to my goal weight. So here I am, armed with my pretty blue folder, my essentials pack (and Coconut Whip bars!) and everything else I need.

I shall be starting the Discover Plan tomorrow. I’ll be keeping this diary, along with a food and exercise diary on this site. I’m going to track everything I eat and I’m determined to exercise AT LEAST 3 times a week.

I will get back to my slinky stunning self. And WW is going to be my co-pilot.
Wish me luck (I’ll probably need it!) :)

Hey, sounds like you have a good plan in place. I'm thinking about doing WW or something similar.

I'm sure you will get to all your goals, the exercising is a good one. I never used to exercise at all but now I do it everyday and I feel so goos for doing it.

Good luck!

welcome to minis hun, come over to the ww forum for a chat.xx

AARGH!!!!!!!
I'm struggling already and I'm not even halfway through day one! My shopping has yet to turn up and I'm getting hungry again. I've had to eat my WW Cocunut whip bar that I was saving for after my workout.

I'm trying not to panic, but as soon as dad gets home he's being ordered to drive me to a supermarket to pick up a few bits in case my food doesn't show up today.

Well pa couldn't drive meto the market and it's to far to get to (I must learnt o drive!)
So I'm writing today off and starting all over again tomorrow. I'm so fed up today.

Not a great beginning :cry:

Last edited:
Well today's going better than yesterday-I have actual food! :D
I'll admit I've been quite hungry today, but that's probably just ebcause my tummy has to get used to my not filling it full of chocolate every time it grumbles! But yeah, so far so good.

Today was especially hard. I work round the corner from a rather large football ground and the tam happen to be at home tonight. Cue burger vans, hotdog stands and lots of yummy smells when I went out on my lunch break. How I managed to resist them I'll never know.

I'm quite fed up today to be honest. Feel like packing it in. Still hungry and I've had my tea. Guess my body just has to get used to the new way of eating. I wish it would hurry up though! :sigh:

sorry to hear you're struggling, dont give up yet. not sure you should be hungry, whats your daily points allowance and are you using them all??
try posting a couple of your daily menu's and ask peoples opinions, you will probably get some really helpful ideas on 'filling' up

sorry to hear you're struggling, dont give up yet. not sure you should be hungry, whats your daily points allowance and are you using them all??
try posting a couple of your daily menu's and ask peoples opinions, you will probably get some really helpful ideas on 'filling' up

I do have a food diary on here:
http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers-food-diaries/78447-squidges-food-diary.html

I've got 18 points a day and I'm doing my best to hit them. As for the filling foods, again I'm trying. Struggling witht the fruit and veg because I really don't like it! Any suggestions would be welcome

sorry missed your food diary but just had a look. obviously i dont know what your 'normal' eating patterns would be but, personally i dont find cornflakes very filling, do you like porridge or weetabix, or maybe something on toast like beans, tinned toms or scrambled egg?

you lunches sound really nice, the kind of things i would have but your dinners do look a bit on the small side ( or would be for me at least) so it may be worth having a look there,but hey this is your first week and you are still getiing to grips with things.
Drinks loads, especially water bt have to admit in the cold weather this doesnt appeal to me much.
And the saviour of all ww'ers 0 point soup. make a big batch, can give you a rough recipe if you need one, and as its 0points you can have much as you like throughout the day. it really does help fill you up. as you dont like veg much remember you can add flavour with chilli or garlic or any herbs and spices to suit your taste.

these are just suggestions but i hope they help

i dont know what your 'normal' eating patterns would be but, personally i dont find cornflakes very filling, do you like porridge or weetabix, or maybe something on toast like beans, tinned toms or scrambled egg?

you lunches sound really nice, the kind of things i would have but your dinners do look a bit on the small side

I'm not really a fan of breakfast, I could try weetabix or something. As for my dinners, they probably are a little on the small side, I just don't really like eating too much in the evening. I'm more of a grazer so maybe I should be looking at dividing my points into smaller meals/snacks.

Thanks for the tips mommyB

WW is a bit like shopping;).....try to get the best value out of what you choose to eat!! If you're not a fan of fruit and veg then that makes things quite a bit more difficult, unfortunately. Those are the ingredients that will keep you fuller for longer along with your wholegrain carbs. WW do some great recipe books or check out the recipe section on the links at top of page:).

Good luck:D

thats a good idea squidge, thats the ggod thing i find about ww is that the flexibilty, so if you wanted 6 tiny meals a day, you could do that if it suits you better.
horses for courses!!

best of luck

Well tomorrow's the day of truth-the first weigh in! I'm so nervous! To be honest I'm not expecting to have lost much. It's not been a great start to the diet, I've struggled to get used to it and probably haven't made the most of my points allowance.

I also discovered that I've been making a points boo boo. The Philidelphia I've been using isn't the extra light so it's one point not half. AAARGH!!!! :cry:

just see what tomorrow brings, you might be pleasantly surprised. Also dont worry, it does take a while to get your head around any new diet and to be honest unless you been eating it by the ton half point here and there wont make a huge difference.

Good luck for tomorrow! You might get a nice little surprise!

I empathise about the footie ground, my work is by footie ground so I try really hard to avoid it on match day, smell of fried onions drives me wild!!

Good luck tomorrow

Good luck for tomorrow! You might get a nice little surprise!

Hope so! If I've lost just a pund I'll be a very happy bunny! I think it'll be a week or 2 before I see any real loss-have a work night out next friday, going to a very nice Italian restaurant thenf or drinks. GULP! I picked an aful time to go on a diet-SO many nights out coming up!

After weigh in tomorrow I'll have a chat with my leader as I want to show her the menu to get an idea of what to eat next Friday. And then it's home to plan the next week's meals

have a look at the eating out guide at the top of the ww forum. theres a link ( would post it but i'm rubbish at this sort of thing) to a fanstic website with all sorts of takeaway/restraunt food including indian. you'l get some great ideas there.

if i'm having an indian takeaway i have a starter and veg side dish on one plate. that way you get a plate full for way less points than a main course but thats not so easy to do at a restraunt

Just back from weigh in and I've lost 2lbs. I was quite pleased with that until a fellow new starter announced she'd lost 4lb on the Fast Start plan, which means she's been on the same amount of points as me :(

Our leader was taking about taking a day 'off' each week. She announced that after her weekly weigh in she goes straight to the chippy, most other members also agreed that their weigh in day is their 'cheat' day. My ex, who was into body building etc and ate a very clean diet, always swore that a 'cheat' day would keep him going. There's probably something to that. But I shan't be hitting the takeaway just yet. I'm too afraid of what'll happen!!

Well done on your loss keep up the good work. After my WI on a monday I have a treat then the next day I start fresh.

Back