I'm going to see The Enemy tonight!

RuthG

Gold Member
I'm so excited, wahoo!

Oh I could tell you some not so nice stuff about The Enemy, but I won't. Have a good time anyway, Ruth. It does us all good to get out and let our hair down occasionally, doesn't it :)

Oooh, go on, tell me!

Ha ha I didnt realise this was a film title, thought you were at odds with someone :) ;)

Not a film, Hedgehog, a band :-D

Ruth, I'll tell you tomorrow - I want you to enjoy tonight!

Not a film, Hedgehog, a band :-D

Ruth, I'll tell you tomorrow - I want you to enjoy tonight!

Ha ha I am so not "down with the kids" hee hee....

I'm reallu curious now! Is it something that would put me off going to see them?

Hope you are having a fab time! xx

Ohh, was that at the Ricoh? I bet they were really good - hope you had a great night!

Jo x

Well they weren't as good as I thought they were going to be, but I did have a good night out :)

Ruth were they good? We're going to see scouting for girls on tuesday, but im a bit worried cuz roys had larygitus, so im wondering how good its gonna be, then kooks on the 25th april, then the wombats, tried for enemy tickets, but sold out. x

They were ok, I think the venue wasn't right for it, the acoustics were a bit crap, and we were right at the back as the front was a complete mosh pit, which I normally love, but we had some oldies with us, lol! I do love going to concerts, but don't get chance to go much, I'm very jealous of you going to see the kooks though!

Ohh, was that at the Ricoh? I bet they were really good - hope you had a great night!

Jo x
Yeah, it was at the ricoh, but wasn't as good as I expected!

Well the girl that works 4 me was 21 last week, and she wanted 2 go see s4g or kooks, both had sold out, well i wont bid on ebay 4 tickets, cuz i think its wrong, but i knew she wanted them so much , and as shes my staff aswell as prob my best friend, i bidded 4 both, payed thru the bloody nose 4 them mind!!! lol reckon kooks will be good! Will take piccys!!! lol x x x x Or i could sneak u in in my hangbag?! Worth a try?? lol x x x x

I'm reallu curious now! Is it something that would put me off going to see them?

Hi, glad you had a good time. I'm not sure if it would have put you off going to see them - it would me, but then........

What I was going to say was about Tom Clarke. Despite his working class, Coventry-bred claims, he spent most if not all of his childhood and teens in a fairly affluent, middle-class part of Solihull. He went to secondary school with my youngest daughter and made her life a living hell with his bullying and nastiness, so much so that she used to come home sobbing many days. The memory of her fear and sadness will stay with me always, but she is mine and I know that most people wouldn't care about that side of him and would just care about the music (which, unfortunately, I quite like too).

Anyway, there it is. I promised to tell you, so I have. Sorry!

I went to see Beverley Knight at the Ricoh - the acoustics weren't brilliant for that either.... must be the Hall I reckon?:confused:

Glad you had a good night though.....:D

I remember seeing a local band at the Lanc (now Cov Uni).... they were called King but that was way before your time....:rolleyes: Also saw the Specials in Cov too..... always good atmosphere when you see a local band in your home town - especially a band that's done good:D

Oh Tinley, thats awful, I'm so sorry. I knew that Tom wasn't from Coventry, I didn't realise his family were quite affluent though, that does surprise me.

Mich, you're right, I think it is the hall.........

And as for local bands, I reckon it'll be another 20 years or so, lol!

Back