im looking forwards to it but so scared at same time!

hippychicken

im going to see a lady about lighter life next monday, which im looking forawards to, but im also really scared that i will fail, most stuff ive done in life ive always felt i failed ,so this time i just can not.
i just want to start doing it im beginging to hate having to decide what to eat when i know when i start im going not have to worry about it

You've taken a massive step by arranging your meeting next Monday. This diet works, it's proven by the number of people on here who are living testimony to this fact. It is only you that can make it work though and you need to be positive that you can do this. Don't worry unduly about what has happened in your life previously, you can't change that. But you can do this and prove that you can be successful.

You will have lots of support from your group, your LLC and on here where you have access to many people who have gone through the journey and can help you through it.

Taking away the guilt of eating and the mental torture of deciding what to eat is one of the things that appeals to me about LL, that and the counselling that we receive to help us address the issues that we have around food and food addiction.

Good luck with your meeting next week and I hope to read about your weight loss journey on here in the weeks to come. You can do it.

A positive attitude helps. I'm a born pessamist, so was a little like you. I've taken it as a challenge and I'm damned sure I'm not going to fail.

Stick with it - be positive and smile about how great you're going to look!!

:D xx

good luck with your ll journey with the support from your counselling group and on here you WONT fail :Dstay positive and you`ll be fine x

Hello Hippychicken (that's a fab name btw!!)

I started on plan this morning after my first proper class last night. Last night I felt really odd - emotional, scared, worried - I think it's fear of the unknown more than anything else really.

Good luck on your journey - keep popping back and reading the success stories and encouragement in here and talk to the other newbies who are just beginning too. It's a great help. xx

Good luck to all new starters - it's not as bad as you imagine it will be! I've just started week 6 and looking back I can't believe the last thing I had to eat was over 5 weeks ago. I've lost 25lbs and hope to reach 2stone mark by next weigh in on Wednesday. I've coped with barbecues, weddings, pub meals and leaving do's at work and stayed abstinent. Have been mentally tortured at times - for god's sake I don't even like KFC but everywhere I go there are ads for it! The results speak for themselves, so what's 14 weeks of a year to give up to feel this good! Hang on in there and reap the rewards and compliments that you deserve.

Hi Hippychicken

I was also terrified when I started LL as I felt I had failed so many times in the past. For the first few days I did nothing but cry. However, it has changed my life completely. I went from a 24 to a 12-14 in 20 weeks and have kept the weight off for almost a year. This is an amazing journey...be positive...you can do it!

Back