im losing my grip - help please

jane76

Silver Member
:cry: i dont know whats wrong with me but im completely losing my grip on the plan, im eating everything in sight and have probably gone over my syn count for the week even though im not due to WI till Tuesday:(

Im feeling really emotional recently even crying today because im worried over my daughter not being able to make friends at school and being lonely....need to add shes only started school a few weeks ago and hasnt said anything herself but im worrying myself so much about it:cry:
ive been due my *week for months now but god only knows whats happening with that either.... so thats getting me down too

sorry im rambling here but its all adding up to me losing control over what im eating....ive had a mcdonalds for dinner 2 days in a row i mean how shocking is that? totally discusted with myself but dont know what to do about it:(

thanks for listening to my moan.

Oh Jane sorry to hear you're feeling out of sorts.... it sounds like you have alot going on right now :( Firstly dont panic about what you have or havent eaten in the last week and just focus on having a brand new day one. Do you have everything you need to plan for an on plan day tomorrow ? Dont feel discusted with the McDonalds, you're human and whats been eaten has been eaten, just focus on how you can turn this week around. I sometimes feel like crying and in such a mood after not sticking to plan and really going overboard, BUT the opposite is true also..... you can feel so much better about yourself by having just 1 day on plan :)

Could you talk to your daughter ? Perhaps she's a bit overwhelmed with school, I would imagine alot of children do.

Please dont feel you're alone in struggling with the plan, we all struggle and fall off plan, I'm well practiced at falling off and getting better at getting back on :)

Forgot to say - well done on your journey so far, you're doing really well :)

Hiya Jane

Just wanted to let you know that I'm in exactly the same place as you are right now. I weighed in on Monday and lost 1lb but since then I've done nothing but eat, so far this week I've had 2 chinese meals, KFC, McD's and add to that the chocolate and bread I've had it doesn't look good for next week.

I'm currently at the place where I'm trying to draw a line under it all for tomorrow as I know I need to get a grip back onto the plan.

Try to draw a line under it hun - try to take tomorrow as a new day and go from there.

As for your daughter, like the previous poster said, try and talk to her, or if she still won't talk to you try talking to her teacher, she may be able to put your mind at ease about her. My neice has started and although all she says is that she's been on the computer all day when her mum went to see the teacher she said that my neice was doing well, making friends, and getting involved with everything.

Just an idea to help you to put your mind at ease hun.

Take care and good luck for getting back onto the plan. *hugs*

Firstly, well done on your weight loss so far.
Don't feel you've failed because you haven't, you've just been human. Nearly everyone fall off the wagon at some point in their journey.
Start again from new, get all your books out and study them, look on here for delicious recipe ideas and maybe start a food diary if you dont already have one on here.
You can always come on here for tea and sympathy!
Your daughter is prob feeling the same as loads of other children when they first start school, but it all settles down for them.
Maybe suggest she can invite a child from her class for tea one day, that will let you get to know other parents too!

jane! you are so tough and great and doing so fab on the plan - dont panic over a bad patch. its nothing in the grand scheme and you are totally in control of whether u keep skidding or stop dead now and get back on track. skidding wont make u feel better so you HAVE to get to grips with this situation.

my daughter didnt make any friends when she first joined school. it went on for weeks so what i did was asked her who she liked most. there were a couple of people she liked but they werent too bothered with her lol. once she told me, i bee-lined their mums and invited them for dinner. no kid says no to dinner at another kids house! it got to where there were 3 girls we had over regularly, i befriended their mums and my girl got invited back over to theirs too. it taught her how to be social and her circle of friends grew from her learning the skills to interact with the original 3 girls. she never even knew i was concerned about her lack of friends to begin with. i am sure it would work for you too.

grab the bull by the wotsits jane, you can so do this xxxx

thanks everyone this site is so good and everyone is so kind and helpful. you only need to read my diary here to know that this has been coming for a while now, ive managed to pull it back before i did any damage before but today has just gotten out of control :(

my daughter is absolutely loving school and says that she played with such and such today etc its me thats got the issue, shes my oldest and i cant believe that shes away to school and some1 else is looking after her, as my mum keeps telling me its all part of growing up but i dont want her to grow up.....jeez thats me crying again!!!!!
i went to the school gates today to make sure that she was ok (didnt let her see me) and she was standing with her teacher so thats what set me off..... i spoke to her tonight and just mentioned that i saw her today with her teacher when i was passing by and she said that was because the person she was playing with was away to the toilet...so its just me being paraniod and passing all my insecurities onto her so i need to be really careful what i say to her about school dont i?

need to go to tesco tomorrow to get my fruit and veg so i can start again, thanks again for all your supprt xx

thanks Karen, i didnt see your post, theres a girl a few doors down that is in her class and i only found out today that she now sits at the same table from katie but she gets the bus to school to her mum isnt in the playground and i dont fancy knocking on her door for the moment anyway lol. katie is desperate to get the school bus but her pass hasnt arrived yet so im hoping that when it does it will allow her and this other girl to become friends :) but that in itself is another issue for me allowing her to get the school bus on her own is too much for me to deal with just now......god what am i like its no wonder i comfort eat lol.

back on track from tomorrow and im off to bed now before i eat anything else xx

hmmm karen it wont let me thank you????? any ideas why?

editted to add - its working now, wento ut of the thread and back in again and it was there x

i think its cos you have to send payment to me first? lol. glad you are railing it back in... you are great at this and will be fine. we all get stressed about our kids and how they develop as people. I am the same way with my kids so i know its not easy. It cant be good for us lol. not sure what the answer is but we're hear to support you anyways xxx

ive been due my *week for months now but god only knows whats happening with that either....

overly emotional, clingy / over protective / maternal, * week missing for a few months???
it may only be my bloke radar going off here, and I don't mean to be blunt, but I'd suggest peeing on a stick might be a good idea..
you sound like you're "in the family way" as my gran used to put it..

overly emotional, clingy / over protective / maternal, * week missing for a few months???
it may only be my bloke radar going off here, and I don't mean to be blunt, but I'd suggest peeing on a stick might be a good idea..

thats maybe not how i would have put it :)p) but i do think the man has a point?

dont worry though - its sooo normal to be worried about your kids making friends, i had an awful time at school! i never really had any good girl friends they were all b*tches lol and my mum used to despair of me! xx

i can see where your coming from here coljack but im def not "in the family way" lol, not in a relationship so id be worried if i was preggers :eek:

this might be too much for you to handle reading so skip right by it if you want but i had the contraceptive impant put in my arm 2 years ago when i was married obviously dont need it anymore lol but i think its time to get it taken out as i think thats were the problems are all coming from:(

ok you can start reading again now:p

thats maybe not how i would have put it :)p) but i do think the man has a point?

dont worry though - its sooo normal to be worried about your kids making friends, i had an awful time at school! i never really had any good girl friends they were all b*tches lol and my mum used to despair of me! xx

thanks emma-louise men certainly have a unique way out putting things dont they lol

im feeling more positive about things today and im back on track from this morning so lets see if i can claw something back before WI on tuesday:eek:

i think its cos you have to send payment to me first? lol. glad you are railing it back in... you are great at this and will be fine. we all get stressed about our kids and how they develop as people. I am the same way with my kids so i know its not easy. It cant be good for us lol. not sure what the answer is but we're hear to support you anyways xxx

thatll be what it was then karen the money should be with you now lol......thanks for your support as always xxx

no offence caused :)

Back