1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

I'm New Here!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by ierobaby, 19 March 2014 Social URL.

1. ierobaby

ierobaby New Member

Hi there,
    I'm joining slimming world tomorrow on a referral scheme from my doctor. Firstly, what do you get when joining slimming world? (meaning books etc.) Would I be able to find out everything I need to know on here and on the slimming world website or do people recommend I actually buy the syn books?
    thanks in advance.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. lickthelid

lickthelid Lives here....

When I joined online I found the booklets to be very informative and have never felt the need to buy the shopping guide/syn book thingy. I think it depends upon how much pre packed stuff you find yourself eating. There is always the online syns directory you will have access to as a member. I suppose the books are good to have in your bag for shopping.

4. His-beau

His-beau Well-Known Member

Good luck with your weightloss! I don't think you'll need extra books, they may come in handy while out shopping

5. Slan22

Slan22 Active Member

Good luck to you, I don't use the books, personally it's quicker and easier for me to google 'syns in...' And 9/10 the answer is right here on minimins lol x

6. HarryRu

HarryRu Well-Known Member

Welcome and goodluck!

I'm same as above.. I have the books but generally look online at syn values etc.. Find it's easier!

7. LouiseJanex

LouiseJanex Member

I brought a couple of books when I joined, never used them! Always use the app on my phone x