I'm new - please help!!

Hi everyone,

i joined weightwatchers on Tuesday and am finding it ok and liking the food etc, first problem: my mother in law has invited us for Sunday lunch this Sunday. I've been using a few of my weeklies every day so I don't have my full weekly allowance to spend on this unfortunately, she's doing chicken and beef so I will stick to chicken as its the lowest points. I just wanted to know how I would point the rest as its not me cooking it, she's also going to have a full house so I don't really want to make a big fuss and ask how she has cooked everything and I'm really really keen not to mess up my first week!!! I know for certain her potatoes are part boiled then sprayed with fry light and then cooked in the oven, Yorkshire puds are the aunt bessys ones that rise from a silver case and veg is a mix of fresh and frozen. Is there anything I should avoid? Also can anyone tell me the points of a Yorkshire pud and gravy please? Also should I avoid stuffing? I'm very sorry if these questions have been asked before but I'm still finding this site very new (only registered today) so I haven't found the answers I need.

thank you all in advance

Most veg is fine ie carrots, broccoli, cauliflower etc. Peas and sweetcorn have points. Stuffing has points, not exactly sure how many.

If I were you I'd have heaps of vegetables, fist sized amount of meat, maybe 3 potatoes, 1 yorkshire (maybe 2 if they are mini ones) and 1 small piece of stuffing.

Gravy is probably only 1 or 2 points.

Hi everyone,

i joined weightwatchers on Tuesday and am finding it ok and liking the food etc, first problem: my mother in law has invited us for Sunday lunch this Sunday. I've been using a few of my weeklies every day so I don't have my full weekly allowance to spend on this unfortunately, she's doing chicken and beef so I will stick to chicken as its the lowest points. I just wanted to know how I would point the rest as its not me cooking it, she's also going to have a full house so I don't really want to make a big fuss and ask how she has cooked everything and I'm really really keen not to mess up my first week!!! I know for certain her potatoes are part boiled then sprayed with fry light and then cooked in the oven, Yorkshire puds are the aunt bessys ones that rise from a silver case and veg is a mix of fresh and frozen. Is there anything I should avoid? Also can anyone tell me the points of a Yorkshire pud and gravy please? Also should I avoid stuffing? I'm very sorry if these questions have been asked before but I'm still finding this site very new (only registered today) so I haven't found the answers I need.

thank you all in advance

Hey Gem!

Those Yorkshires are 1pp Each as long as you only have 1, 2 or 3, if you have 4 they are 5pp!
I use Paxo Stuffing and it's 2pp for 1 Ball, 3pp for 2 Balls or 5pp for 3pp.
I just stick to Onion or Vegetable Gravy and that's 1pp for 191ml.
I always have 0pp Veg like Cabbage, Carrots, Broccoli, Baby Corn, Leeks, Cauliflower, Green Beans etc, I find I don't need the 'pointed' veg like Peas or Sweetcorn.
Parsnips are about 1 or 2 pp depending on how they are cooked.
Potatoes will be same PP as they would be boiled if cooked in Frylight, I normally have 2pp worth and that's quite a few!

Hope this helps :) x

It was lovely thank you, even had points for supper (crumpets with peanut butter, Nutella and banana!!) x

OMG that sounds like heaven!!! Peanut Butter is my Nemesis, has to be smooth for me! You? X

Oh my gosh crunchy peanut butter is just delish. Dread to think of pp values!!

Pre-WW my Weekly Treat was a jar of Sunpat Peanut Butter. That was 57pp in one swoop, no wonder I was so fat!!! X

Sorry only just seen the replies! I found smooth to be less points than crunchy so I got that, I only like it with sweet things like Nutella because I love the sweet salty contrast haha! Have you tasted Reece's peanut butter cups? I think you would like them and they're not too naughty on points either :) x

Sorry only just seen the replies! I found smooth to be less points than crunchy so I got that, I only like it with sweet things like Nutella because I love the sweet salty contrast haha! Have you tasted Reece's peanut butter cups? I think you would like them and they're not too naughty on points either :) x

I loveeeeee Peanut Butter Cups but currently been treating myself to Peanut Butter M&Ms from the American Candy Store in town, mmmmmmm! X

Back