I'm not pessimistic but...

Maz35

I've almost got to goal and don't want to sound pessimistic but I know its really hard to stay there. My dilemma is:
'Do I sell all my clothes that are too big?' I have a wardrobe full of Coast dress and skirts and i love all of them but alot are too big now :( I know that's great but I've struggled with my weight since i was a child (even did Cambridge Diet when I was 15 and now I'm 35). I haven't been the weight I am now for 15 years BUT that's not to say I'll manage to stay here!
I was thinking about putting them on Ebay as Coast stuff sells really well but part of me thinks 'i may need them again'.
I'm in a real grump tonight and feel really fed up :( sorry for going on x

Maz

Get rid of them. You dont want any excuses for thinking its OK to put the weight back on. You will NOT be needing them again so you may as well get a few quid for them so you can buy something special when you reach your goal.

I would keep just one item, your biggest, to remind yourself of how well you have done with your weight loss

Maz

Get rid of them. You dont want any excuses for thinking its OK to put the weight back on. You will NOT be needing them again so you may as well get a few quid for them so you can buy something special when you reach your goal.

I would keep just one item, your biggest, to remind yourself of how well you have done with your weight loss

Totally agree :D:D:D

its a hard one isnt it but i'm inclined to agree with sam. Keep one item just to remind you of what you dont want to go back to

U SOUND LIKE U R TOTALLY RESIGNED TO ooppss sorry, cap locks....resigned to yo-yoing for the foreseeable. if it were me, i would ebay the lot...smug and delighted in the knowledge that i will never ever need then again. just cos u have gained weight b4 doesnt mean u will do so again. really give maintaining ur weight ur best shot.

AND...congrats for losing so much weight. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Personally I would sell them - I would feel as if I was giving myself permission to fit back into them if I didn't - does that make sense?:confused:

For those items that you love and can't bear to part with it may be worth looking into whether or not they could be altered to your new slender self!!

Ails xx

When I did LL and lost all my weight, I got rid of all my big clothes - which I now think was a good thing, cos when I put 2 stone back on it meant I had to start buying stuff in bigger sizes again, which has been very depressing (not to mention expensive!) and was just enough of a shock to bring me back to CD! I honestly believe if I'd kept all those big clothes I'd have just quietly slipped back into them again and not had to kick myself into action.

So - definitely sell them, and spend the proceeds on some slinky new small stuff! x

Thanks, i know you are all right but i also know what I'm like. I've done every diet: Weight Watchers, Slimming World and taken Slimming Pills so part of me thinks why will it be any different this time. I have binged eaten for years and struggle gaining control so its all or nothing for me :( I've never been slim, didn't even get to this weight for my wedding. Thanks for listening, perhaps my grumpy mood isn't helping me x

Hi Maz

Sorry you're feelin a bit down

You're a bit of a gym bunny, right? Have you been to the gym recently? I only ask coz I get in right mood with myself for no reason if I miss a session!! I think I may be addicted to the endorphins :p

Ails xx

Hi Maz, Why not start a thread on maintaining, keep with it as much as you have done during the diet.

I sold all mine, or binned them, I have just kept one pair of trousers and a top, just to remind me.

Its not easy keeping it off, but we can do it, Im back on the wagon after gaining a few lbs last week on holiday, the trick is not to let it get too far x

Thanks, i know you are all right but i also know what I'm like. I've done every diet: Weight Watchers, Slimming World and taken Slimming Pills so part of me thinks why will it be any different this time. I have binged eaten for years and struggle gaining control so its all or nothing for me :( I've never been slim, didn't even get to this weight for my wedding. Thanks for listening, perhaps my grumpy mood isn't helping me x

Hi Maz

What do you mean, you have never been slim, you are slim and staying there. Ditch the clothes, you won't need them anymore.

I'm also known as Maz to my friends, am 37 years old and have struggled with my weight for the last 10 years since I got married. I've done every diet in the book and yo-yo'd but this time is different. I'm in control and I know my limits now. I can enjoy food still and go out, but if the scales are not what I want, I know I'll get back to the straight and narrow and only fluctuate slightly. I threw out all my size 16 and 18 clothes weeks ago and they are never going back inside my wardrobe.

You look fantastic in your photos, as others have said, keep one big thing to show yourself what you don't want to be.

Keep your chin up, you've done great!!:D

Hi Maz

I have had the same dilema recently I found I had a whole wardrobe full of too big clothes and just a small amount of new small clothes , So a lot of people wuld say whats the dilema? get rid and buy new small ones with the money, but I know what you are feeling coz I am there too. Something inside tells you that you may need them again, what you have now wont last, I even feel like a fraud sometimes prancing arounfd in my size 14's when I see that wardrobe full of 20's 22's cos I feel that they are still me , but they are not still me , that fat sad person ahs gone for good, and I know it will be very cathartic to get rid of them almost like exorcising an unhappy ghost. Just get rid of them and the negative emotions that hang on them, just let me know when you are selling them cos from your gorgeous photos (simply stunning hun) I can see you have fabulous taste and there must be something there that we fit me ! LOL

Personally I would sell them - I would feel as if I was giving myself permission to fit back into them if I didn't - does that make sense?:confused:

For those items that you love and can't bear to part with it may be worth looking into whether or not they could be altered to your new slender self!!

Ails xx

here here, you must have read my mind Toots :)

Maz, get them on Ebay, If you do ever find yourself slipping back to eating junk then the thought of having to buy a wardrobe full of clothes in a bigger size is probably enough for you to kick yourself up the bum and stop!!! If you have nothing in your wardrobe to fall back on then you're more likely to maintain. THis is my opinion and the motto that I will use for myself, when I get out of one size, it's going on Ebay and that's that! I don't want a safety net when it comes to clothes. If I had to go shopping for clothes as my others where getting small, then I think the alarm wells would ring BIG TIME, and instead of hitting the shops I'd be calling my cdc for some packs!!:)

THINK POSITIVE MAZ!!

xx sj xx

Most of mine were sold on ebay, in exchange for each new smaller size. It was quite heartbreaking to part with some items, though I did get £55 for a sweater that I only paid £1 for:eek::eek::eek:

This is the first time that I've ever got rid of the bigger clothes whilst dieting. I decided that since I had promised myself I wasn't going to diet again, I really had to put my faith to the test.

Having said that, if I hadn't sold the clothes, would I be more likely to put the weight back on knowing that I had the next size up in my wardrobe? Nah, probably not;)

So what about packing them all up and putting them out of the way in the loft or something, until you feel really ready? Or sell them on Ebay and buy something really special in return.

hi guys, you all say such lovely things, brought tears to my eyes! It's not even my TOTM!! must be just feeling sensitive :(
Thank you all for talking so much sense as usual! I'm going to have a big trying on session tomorrow and anything that is too big I'm going to take a picture off and put on Ebay. They look very pretty hanging in my wardrobe but not much good if I can't wear them and I'm sure I'll want new stuff anyway and I'm sure my tastes will change. I was just in a right old grumpy mood last night and feel much better this morning after reading all your replies :) Thank you all xx

Glad you're feeling better today hun :D:D:D

EBAY EBAY EBAY!!! Maz you are doing sooooo well! I have fallen off the wagon i'm afraid! But you really are an inspiration! Keep up thw good work and for god sake chuck or sell the things that remind you of what you used to be! And enjoy buying stuff for the person you are now!

You can do!!!

xxx

EBAY EBAY EBAY!!! Maz you are doing sooooo well! I have fallen off the wagon i'm afraid! But you really are an inspiration! Keep up thw good work and for god sake chuck or sell the things that remind you of what you used to be! And enjoy buying stuff for the person you are now!

You can do!!!

xxx

Hi, thanks, its just because I've never got this far so I don't think it'll last even though I want it to.
Sorry to hear you have fallen of the wagon, i have fallen off so many times during this journey you would not believe! One weekend between Sat and Mon I ate 17 packs of Worcester sauce crisps! It was a 3 day binge and the crisps were just the start!
I'm surprised the wagon didn't just run over me!
If i can get back up and do it anyone can, I'm sorting out big clothes as i type and i must admit it feels good, if not a bit gutting getting rid of such beautiful clothes!
Keep going, its a journey that's worth it even if we fall down a few times x

Hi Maz, just to echo what everyone else has said I think you should get rid or at the least pack them away somewhere in the loft. Don't undermine your success by anticipating failure!

Georgie
x

Hiya, just think all the money you make from the clothes you can go and treat yourself to SMALLER SIZED CLOTHES!!!!!!!!! and make yourself a slim wardrobe :-D

Back