I'm on SS.. but i've just eaten this... :(

xSinead

Silver Member
chicken.jpg

I feel awful now and i'm scared it will affect my weight loss on friday :( help!

Why did you eat it? Use it as a learning opportunity & it can make you stronger. Looks like plain chicken & iceberg so probably is an ss+ meal. I'd choose one or the other & not eat anything else on ss or move up. No shame in ss+ although some people find the break from food good. Don't let it become a huge issue because it isn't :)

My mums just had a go at me for eating it and now i'm crying. Wish i hadn't.

Hi sinead as you know I was struggling with ss or ss+ well I spoke to my consultant about an hour ago, she said ss + is only extra 200 cals per day and it doesn't really affect weight loss journey over the whole month, it will prob be only 1-2 lb. so see how you go with ss but if you find it hard just move onto ss+. Least this way you will continue your journey without giving up. But I really know you want to try just the ss so put in behind you and tomorrow is a new day. X

dont worry! its allowed on ss+, so either go up to ss+ or draw a line under it and stick to ss this week. it is a struggle to stick to just the shakes but thats why there is the ss+ option, lots of people dont want to give up food altogether, its not a natural thing to live off liquid!

if you had posted a photo of eating huge chinese meal then that would be different (!) it would probably have taken you out of ketosis but lean meat and salad veg is fine to keep you in ketosis. atkins works on the ketosis principle and you can even have fry ups on that diet and your body still goes into ketosis so dont panic, the food you had looks perfectly healthy. chin up! :)

Don't feel bed, if SS isn't for you, try SS+! some people will have an SS+ day when they feel they need it, and if you needed it to keep on going then do it!

If it's the food abstinence that you're going for then try forgive yourself, and move on as tomorrow is another day. I've also read at a VLCD is a VLCD, 440cal or 790cal, you're expected to loose around the same amount of weight. Also, remember this is a marathon not a sprint, one bad day/one slip does not mean you're never going to get there, we'll all get there in the end! xxx

Do other people have a SS+ day a week? what sort of weigh ins have you had? Bet i don't lose anything on friday now

Few have said ss and ss+ didn't make any difference to weight loss, think only reason some do ss is because they feel if they eat they won't stop. So they choose not to eat. Me personally I need a small meal I don't think I would finish my journey else, don't worry it will not harm your weight loss this week. Your doing fab x Lindsey.

You will lose weight, but you won't if you get yourself in a state & overreact & eat. The difference between ss & ss+ is minimal.

Thanks Lindsey, for me personally every 4/5 days i feel i need something to keep me going.. maybe that will be a peice of chicken and some lettuce. If my weight loss is good this week then i certainly won't feel guilty if i have to have 1 SS+ day a week x

Do other people have a SS+ day a week? what sort of weigh ins have you had? Bet i don't lose anything on friday now

Can I just ask why you gave me such a rude / negative response in your other post when I suggested SS+ just as other have suggested it here ?

Because Lindsey was a little bit more sensitive towards my feelings after feeling the way i did after eating something. Please stop questioning me.

Yes sinead carry on as normal and if you have a ss+ don't worry, enjoy it. Remember at some point through this diet we do have to introduce food. So if every few days you need a little food, don't worry, at least you are only having the foods we can have. So you haven't cheated you are allowed it. Keep your chin up girl. X

Can you just tell me what I have said which was wrong ?
I am almost 40 years old, I have 3 children and I am not here to play games. If I have said something to upset you then I would appreciate if you could let me know what It was as that wasnt my intention ! I just dont get how this would have offended you...........

I guess if you have ate it then only you will know how you feel now. If you think your going to need food then SS isn't the plan for you and you may need to step up to SS+.
I know for me the fact I am not eating makes it easier for me but everyone is different and you have to do whats right for you. No point in beating yourself up about it as whats done is done x

You made me feel like i need to change diet plans because i ate a small peice of chicken. I have done this diet before, i ate chicken and salad more than once and i lost 4 stone in 3 months. I do take things to heart, that is how i am. Maybe i need to stop coming on to this website as much.

I do think your overreacting somewhat, I did not intend to upset you. I would never care to do that to anyone. I think you have taken what I said fully out of context as you asked for advice. I am sorry if you feel I was getting at you as that certainly was not my intention. I did say do what suits you and that everyone is different so I just dont understand why you have taken my post to heart so much.
I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

She took it to heart because it was aimed at her LOL we all have blips, mistakes and then feel stupidly guilty for them and beat ourselves up. Doesn't mean we need to change step or anything just means we are HUMAN x

She took it to heart because it was aimed at her LOL we all have blips, mistakes and then feel stupidly guilty for them and beat ourselves up. Doesn't mean we need to change step or anything just means we are HUMAN x

I get what your saying BUT she asked a question and I gave my opinion.
I'm not into slanging matches, I'm way to old for all that so I shall just leave it there but I don't get how its ok for her to be rude to me just because she didn't like my response.... Maybe I should go running for the hills crying ? Oh no I'm a adult so maybe not ! If people don't want honest varied responses they shouldn't post on a open forum. We all have opinions and I still don't feel I said ANYTHING personal or out of turn which would warrant her nasty response !

Sorry to but in but if u cant eat chicken snd lettuce on the diet what can you eat? Im only new to this site so slightly confused with the diff diets Thanks x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back