I'm Starting with a Different Attitude!

Nat

Hi fellow slimmers, I tried to start sw about 10 weeks ago, joined a class and then couldnt make it due to son's social commitments! so few more pounds piled on in meantime.

Anyway, I joined a new class on a Weds morning that I can definitely attend every week and I have tried to start off on a different foot this time, I am starting to make recepies rather than just throw meals together and although is only my first week I am already finding it much easier and far more interesting and even my non slimming world family members are enjoying it too!

Looking forward to posting my first weight loss next Weds morning

Nat:):):)

i think that's the key, if im gonna lose weight and keep it off i need to change my habits forever, not just for a short time whilst im dieting. you've done really well.

thanks - my weight hasn't been updated since end of august as i went on holiday for 16 days and haven't returned to class yet. i have had a gain, but i'm also looking for another class. am also trying to get back into the swing of SW, which is hard once you allow yourself time out!

that's the trouble with any diet i think, its great whilst you are on it and going along, but once you have a break its very hard, still keep at it, you've done great, am sure you can do some more

i will - i'm determined to this time and i can't let myself get back to the state i was in.

before if i lost 2.5 stone i'd think i'd done so well and relax too much, but i know i have to lose at least another 5 or 6 stone to even get anywhere near being healthy, so i have to keep going.

its very easy to lapse isnt it, i lost 3 stone on the cambridge diet from feb to may, then in may i had a wedding and a hol, felt fab (still had 1.7 stone to go) relaxed and now i have put 1.7 stone back on!!!! Cambridge is good for short term fix, but not a good way to live your life really which is why am now on slimming world.

you have to remember how good you feel losing your 35lbs, so think how good you will feel with another 35lbs off, its so worth it in the end!

this worries me as i am currently doing the cambridge 1000 plan. i went away on hols and piled it on, and am now getting rid of it again. i want to continue with cambridge for weight loss but i think i will always have to use something like sw for maintenance as i don't seem to have an off switch...

abz xx

i think i will always have to use something like sw for maintenance as i don't seem to have an off switch...

abz xx

i think anyone with a weight problem has to follow something to maintain their weight loss otherwise it will inevitably go back on again.

Yeh I've got the same problem with these diets, I can lose it ok, but can't maintain it.
Over the last 12 years I've lost 3 stone on WW, 3 stone on SW, 2 Stone on RC, 6 stone on LL, also done Atkins, Paul Mckenna, low GI. Hypnotherapy, but never managed to maintain.

Even when I was at my thinnest & felt fabulous I couldn't maintain, life kept getting in the way (& holidays).
So I need to change the way I eat in maintenance, maybe SW would be a good maintenance plan to follow.

i have always thought that sw would be good to maintain on. in fact i was always good at maintaining on sw, it was the losing i found difficult :D

abz xx

Back