Im struggling.. Again.

Keighleyjo2010

Silver Member
I didn't finish the first half of my shake and I didnt finish the second. I'm really struggling now I can't focus, I want to do this but my mind is running over all the things I could eat and when.

I need helpppp!

Is it hunger - mental or physical (you are in ketosis now aren't you - that should get rid of the physical hunger). You need to see this as a positive thing - get a notebook and write down all the reasons you want to lose weight. Try and visualise what you will be like/things you will be able to do when you have lost weight and write them down - but in a positive way - I will run with the kids etc .
Then everytime you start thinking about food get your book out, read one or more of your statements and try and visualise it. Hopefully that will distract you from the food thoughts - cos that will be making it so hard for you.

Do you have a friend you can phone each time you think about food? Just chatting will distract you.

I wish Goreygirl was online - she would have some fab advice and puts it much better than me.

Someone else (or might have been her) had a trick with an elastic band round your wrist and pinging it everytime you thought of food. can't remember exactly how it worked!

Finish those shakes - I make myself sit down to drink them and don't let myself do anything else til they are gone - even if I have to gulp them down.

Stick with it - it does work and it will get easier - I have no trouble cooking for the children and not picking now, and have gone mad cooking all sorts of yummy stuff for people without being tempted to try it...so you can and will get there.

Thank you, it's all mental the physical I can ignore. My biggest problem is I work in burger king and the majority of my work colleagues are polish so I don't get included in conversations so I end up standing by myself and that's it I'm thinking of all the things I could eat.

I will def have to try the elastic band. My problem aswell is that my shakes are lumpy, I ordered an electric coffee whisk on Sunday but it still hasn't arrived. I know I will be much better when I have it.

I have 2 electric stick blenders but I can't take them to work as we don't have many household plug socks, and the 1s we do have are all used up with the office stuff and fridges.

It's a pain in the behind, the one I've ordered is a milk frother, battery operated.

Thank you, it's all mental the physical I can ignore. My biggest problem is I work in burger king and the majority of my work colleagues are polish so I don't get included in conversations so I end up standing by myself and that's it I'm thinking of all the things I could eat.

I will def have to try the elastic band. My problem aswell is that my shakes are lumpy, I ordered an electric coffee whisk on Sunday but it still hasn't arrived. I know I will be much better when I have it.

I can teach you some Polish if you like :) LOL

Back