In need of a SW buddy!

Started jogging last week. Decided that I'd be waiting for ever for my Achilles tendinitis to heal. It'll get better if I lose weight and I'll lose weight quicker if I exercise. 1st time out jogged for a minute/walked for a minute. Managed 26 minutes, such hard work!
Next time out, same intervals but managed 34 minutes, yesterday I increased the jog time to 1:30 minutes and managed 43 minutes. Getting easier! Mind you, yesterday I nearly gave up at 3 minutes but didn't.
Diet going well too. Trying to eat more fruit and veg and avoiding the naughty stuff. Have lost 4lbs since Friday.

Started jogging last week. Decided that I'd be waiting for ever for my Achilles tendinitis to heal. It'll get better if I lose weight and I'll lose weight quicker if I exercise. 1st time out jogged for a minute/walked for a minute. Managed 26 minutes, such hard work!
Next time out, same intervals but managed 34 minutes, yesterday I increased the jog time to 1:30 minutes and managed 43 minutes. Getting easier! Mind you, yesterday I nearly gave up at 3 minutes but didn't.
Diet going well too. Trying to eat more fruit and veg and avoiding the naughty stuff. Have lost 4lbs since Friday.

Good work you! For now I want to lose a bit more before I do anything too high impact, I had shin splints as a kid so I don't want to aggravate that! When I'm a couple of stone down I'll step it up a bit, but for now, lots of walking. I'm lucky, the school I work at has a (very low tech) fitness room, so I can sneak in some cycling/rowing/weights occasionally while I work! So as I get further into it I can move across to that.
Keep it up! I made it across the 1 stone line in 3 weeks so pretty happy. Been a rubbish week at home so I'm dead happy to do that. I had some chips, real chips, on Tuesday (weigh day) or it would have been a bit more, but was having lunch out with a friend. Back on it now though.

First day back at school today (training day, so no children yet) took ham salad and fruit with me then, as soon as I got home, I put tea in the oven on low and went out for a run. 5k! After a day at work! Very pleased with myself.

I just started, had a good first week (lost 4.5lbs), decided to write blog about it, mostly to help me focus. Happy to be a sounding board for anyone who needs it! My blog is steveshooterslims.blogspot.co.uk if anyone fancie reading it!
Looking at your profile pic, I just have to ask, are you a fellow comic con addict? :D

I'm not sure I'd call myself an addict, more a dabbler. The picture is me and Brendon Burns, one my absolute favourite comedians. I'm a comedy/wrestling geek!
Nice! I'm all about the sci-fi so going to comic cons is something I do rather a lot lol :rolleyes::D

Back