In Search Of My Ankles

Hurray! I made it through the weekend and like a superhero- stood fists on hips looking my cravings and temptations in the eye and informed them that they no longer have control over me! Day 4 and I'm feeling great! All except for one teeny tiny little aspect of the reactions to being on LT.

Can we talk about poo? I know, I know...some topics should just be completely banned - especially for those with weak stomaches but I am just wondering (and worried) that this is just part of the changes I will experience while on LT. Aside from the gazillion trips to the loo due to the all the water I consume throughout the day - I'm also quite apprehensive to be too far from the toilet should I feel the urge to pass wind, as I feel it's more than just wind in the waiting! Is this a normal reaction? And does it continue throughout the diet or will my body evidentually settle and get used to all the extra fluids I am consuming.

Normally I would never broch such a personal topic, but my pharmacist is just a little older than I and although I know he's a professional I think I'd rather eat my own tongue than talk bowel movements with him!

Advice please? :eek:

Its quite a common topic hahahaaa!!! It will settle down.... Are you struggling to go and thats why you feel its 'waiting' lol..

Hiya,
This happened to me last week (my 1st week) I had a couple of close calls!! I was told that I may have a lactose intolorence in which case i`d have to come of the diet :O B U T its settled down ( I was poorly with a cold and tummy upset though) and now I`ve got the "other" common problem lol.... but the Fibre clear is helping there.... hope all goes well for you hunni.... Lou xx

Oh Lordy no! No more fibre~ my brown eyes would turn blue! I suppose it's better to keep the pipes clear, but golly it gives a new meaning to "the school run" !! :eek:
:8855:

Hopefully I'll soon settle. Interesting about the lactose intollerence - both of my kids have milk allergies and aside from cheese, I've never been a huge milk drinker...If anything I'm more concerned with the asparatame they use - that stuff doesn't have the best record on lab-rats and I've read where they are trying to ban asparatame, acesulfmate K and Splenda in America.

I guess when I weighed up the risks of obesity, I figure if I get cancer from it I can at least get treatments, if it's a heart attack - I'm a goner! Either way, it's a short term solution and I can completely cut it out of my diet once I reach my goal weight.

Oh gosh! Look at the time...school run!

Last edited:
ha ha ha thanks thats given me a chuckle... on a more serious note I agree with you on the aspartame.... very dodgy stuff!!
L xx

Very same reaction week 2 on LT and do be careful I had one very near miss I'm was luck I was close to the motorway service station is all I can say ...

Flagged it on here and lots of people said it could be the fatty build up in my bowels making an exit ... Sound yucky but makes sense has to get out ...

Don't worry though it doesn't last lol ... In fact the very opposite takes told ... Some sena will be required by week 4! Extremes! Hehe

X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

lots of people said it could be the fatty build up in my bowels making an exit ... Sound yucky but makes sense has to get out ...

Exit? More like a 3 alarm fire exit!! LOL But yes, there is some sense to it, that's for sure! This morning so far (knock on wood) I seem to have settled...I pray it doesn't kick in on the motorway, as I wont be so lucky with hitting a service station! YIKES!

Lol yeah it was not funny at all!

God speed! Hehe fingers (and everything else) crossed it passes for you ... Not literally thought! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If there was ever a question before, there's no doubt about it now...I am an emotional eater~ or should I say was. My mother in law and I had a serious falling out a couple of years ago which has since resulted in us no longer being on speaking terms, not alone us being under the same roof. To sum her up - the universe revolves around her...surely you've met the type before. She crossed the line when she tried to break up my marriage and put my husband in a position to choose either her or me. Needless to say, she was none to happy he chose me. There's tons more to it - some half baked conspiracy theroy that I was going to take my kids and move to America - a mafia-style hit on me and my family from her "clan" as she calls her side of the family - 5 years in a row of her turning up on our wedding anniversary wknd, not offering to watch the kids so we could go out, rather, she insisted on having my husband take her down to the pub while I stayed home with the kids (she travels here by plane and got away with it because she was only here for the wknd. ) - getting drunk and picking fights with my husband at 3am that would wake the whole house - and having no time or interest in my children unless she has an audience...the list really goes on and on and on and truly, most of the hell she has created in my life is so unbelievable, that you'd actually have to "experience" her to believe it.

Now with that being said...what does my husband drop on me last night? That she's landed in Scotland and she's wanting to come over to see the kids. Now...I don't want to make this any more difficult for him than it already is...I mean, it IS his mother. But I also tried to explain to him how she would probably be much more comfortable if she were to stay in a B&B should she come over. And the only reason that didn't go over well is because she's chewing away at his ear saying it's HIS house and he can have who ever he wants in it - blah blah blah. Truthfully he agrees but he's terrified of her "cutting him out of her life"...um, again.

Oh yeah, by the way...our wedding anniversary is on 29 October... amazing, isn't she!?

So there's all of this stress - anxiety about her coming, friction between my husband and I - the kids don't even really know her so they could care less about the whole thing (which is truly sad. I would never keep them from knowing their grandmother, but only under supervision!) All of this would normally throw me into a feeding frenzy. And truth be know, if it weren't for working so hard to get in to ketosis I probably would be! The urge is still there - that overwhelming pull to the pantry - the screaming from the carbs that tell me they can help shove down the emotional turmoil inside me. It's a mad and crazy power trip between my head and my stomach right now and thank GOD my head is winning!

I can do this
I CAN do this
I can DO this
I can do THIS
:banghead:

Bloody good for you hun!!! Think we all have this is common... turning to food!! But its a great feeling realising your in charge again!!!

Well done!! x

Very well done you! I totally get where your coming from, but YOU CAN DO THIS...... we all can I hope you get through the ordeal of having her around..... hope all goes well hunni.
Lou xx

Just a couple of hours away from my first weigh in and I'm a bit, ummm...blah. I'm somewhat excited because I KNOW I've lost this week, but I also woke to find it's that totm, so I'm afraid there's not going to be the great big encouraging loss that most people seem to experience on their first week on LT. That, and this month is the weepy month - vs. the evil beast month - so at least my husband will be relieved. But that probably helps explain my long face and "blah" attitude this morning.

My pharmacist warned me that I would get mixed reactions from my friends/family once I started showing a weight loss and sure enough, it's started...already! I belong to a book-club, which isn't so much a literary group, as it is a group of school moms who meet up ever month or so to hold a dinner party and have an excuse to drink! I ended up taking a miss on the last meeting, as it was held on my 2nd day of LT and I didn't feel strong enough or well enough to go. But I found out that my name was pulled to host the next meeting on the 21st of Oct. which will be the 4th wk I'm on the programme.

I decided to come clean with some of the others and tell them I'm on LT and explain what that means. I said I was more than happy to still host the next meeting and cook, etc..that it was NO problem whatsoever, as I cook each night for my family anyway and it doesn't bother me in the slightest...but they said it would bother them!!??

Now, I don't want my friends to feel uncomfortable about me sipping soup while they feast -- but if I don't have a problem with it, then why should they?! I don't get it. I don't want to go on a week of re-feed just to eat one meal (that I cook meself!) and have a few drinks. It just doesn't seem worth it to me. The attitdue was like "well of course you're going to have to come off of LT for the meeting - we're not going to sit there and eat and drink while you sip soup and drink sparkling water!"

I'm sure they didn't mean anything hurtful by it - they're not those kinds of women- I'm sure I'm just extra sensitive right now and they don't know to the extent that I truly struggle with my weight and weight loss. I'm just going to ignore the fact that they'll feel uncomfortable....they'll get over it quickly enough, I'm an excellent cook - surely they wont even realize I'm not eating once they start tucking in. At least I hope that's the case. I'm just not willing to side-track on my goal for anything right now. If I told my husband to nix our anniversary dinner at my favourite restaurant, I'm sure as heck not going to give into a book club meal - especially if I'm the one having to cook it!

Well, I better get crackin' I'll be heading to the pharmacy soon to weigh in....oh please, oh please, oh please let me get a decent loss on the scale!!!!!! :sigh:

OMG i know they mean well but bloody hell!!!!!!!!

Do not let them sabotage you!!! You should insist that its fine hun!!! Explain to them that you told your hubby you couldn't eat sooooo it puts you in a weird position!!! PLUS.... you don't want to!!!

It will take you 3/4 days to get back into ketosis if you come off.... its not worth it!!!

Sorry if i'm speaking out of turn but i think they are being a bit selfish tbh!!!

x

so how did the weigh in go ?? spill woman spill !

Drum roll please...... 11 lbs :bliss:
I am absolutely thrilled with the results~ I knew I had lost, but 11 lbs?! In one week?! (In your face weight watchers! :p) With WW I would weigh and measure every morsel of food, count points, kill myself in the gym and even then I NEVER had such a dramatic loss!!!

This is exactly what I needed today and more than ever it solidifies my belief that diets are not a one size fits all. LT isn't for everyone...but it sure is for me!

Now more than ever I am set to see this through. And there's not a chance in heck that the book club is going to guilt me into starting over! I'm way to proud of how far I have come in one week to let a bit o' peer pressure slow me down! It's a shame we can keep up the 1st week pace, eh?

Thanks again everyone for all of your support - you have helped carry me through this first week, for sure!!!

:bighug:

Back