Indian Restaurant...help!

Go for your indian! Your fella has been good and a treat would be nice for both of you:) save up some syns, (105 in a week) so it will be less damage. But please go and have a nice time hun! We all need a treat once in a while, and if you do a bit extra excerise and i'm sure you will be fine. If you deprive yourself forever you won't stick to this. Some of the things above aren't too bad, if yr allowed 15 in a day have one of those and don't drink. I wish i could go out with my lovely boy on valentines day so have a good time for me!! :(!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello, I'm with the 2 ladies above - go out , enjoy yourself - have what you want to eat, enjoy it, come home and carry on. As you will see from my post "tapas for tea" I used to go out - not want to go out as i was using points (followed ww) eat what was low in points but not what i wanted, got home, felt deprived and eat about 4 days of points on my own in the kitchen,
I am going now out once a month for a nice meal and not point/count/syn and enjoy it and be good when i can, but hey lifes too short....
enjoy!

I think you should go for it and enjoy it! :)
I had an indian takeaway tonight as a treat - and I'm so glad I did! :D

I recommend Saag Aloo - it's delicious! :D

Relax!! This is one meal out of five weeks worth. You deserve it. Make it a flexi syn day, have what you want in moderation - if you find something that is lower is syns and you're going to be happy eating it and not feel deprived then have it. I'd stay away from the popadoms and the naan bread, maybe swap chips for rice.

But to be honest, I'd just go and have a nice time. I know you're only 5 weeks in but are you going to deprive yourself of meals out forever? I know I'm not. I love indians and I plan to continue to have them. Just not every week! But when I do, I plan to relax and enjoy them as they'll be a rarity and seeing as I'm (and I'm sure you are) sticking to plan the rest of the time, the odd over the top meal once in a blue moon isn't going to do too much damage.
xxx

very well said Fea!!!

you go girl enjoy ur valentines dinner, i know i will be at the chinese!!:D and boiled rice is free free free :D xxxxxx

hope you have a great time and enjoy your meal! :)

i cant wait for valentines day! not so much for all the romantic soppy stuff but we are having a chinese!:D:D:D im going to do a flexi syn day,and im extra exercising this week to help make up for it, but god its all worth it for a chinese that ive been looking forward to for 5 weeks!

enjoy!:D

I'm with Fea and co. One stone in five weeks is fabulous - you're not going to put all that back on with one meal out. I had an Indian last weekend (poppadom, chapati, rice, dahl, some lovely lamb thing, dip . . . scrummy) plus beer and a couple of v. large brandies and still lost. Yeah, it was only a quarter of a pound, but it was still a loss!

Also, SW - any diet - should be learning about moderation. Nobody is saying you can't have the odd treat, you just have to learn about building it in to a healthy diet. Cut back on syns before and after and step up the exercise a little - no problem.

Get dressed up, enjoy your Indian, and then get straight back on track the next day.

Have a wonderful night. You sound like you have a great boyfriend.

SW is about living in the real world... it's not a "diet" as such. Special occasions can be worked into the plan. To be honest, it's all the guilt and anxiety that you're already submerging yourself into that sets one up for failure. So forget about it.

Look in the book that you got when you joined SW, there's a restaurants & takeaways section. Check out the syn values to the meals there and choose one to work into the plan. Or go for something that is "dry" like something cooked in the tandoori, as opposed to something oozing in sauce (which is likely to be full of oil, cream, nuts, etc).

Modify your syns either side of the day you're going out for your meal. Remember, you chose this because you want to give your OH a special night out, and he probably deserves it. So relax and enjoy yourself! With just a little bit of forward planning, it doesn't have to wreck your whole week, dieting wise.

I'll let you into a secret, before Christmas, me and one of the women I work with decided to take ourselves out for a Crimbo meal (because our team wasn't going to - scrooges!!) We decided to go out for an indian. I ordered something from the tandoori, which was fabulous and came with vegetables... we shared a naan bread, which I ate a bit of so I felt I'd had a treat... we even had a couple poppadums. I just didn't scoff the whole pot of mango chutney or whatever. But I didn't go without either. I thoroughly enjoyed my indian treat. AND... wait for it... I still had a loss that week.

I'm also going for a ruby on sat but I am going to eat what I want to as I will be good the rest of the week.

I agree that you should have one day off now and then you deserve it:D

Hi everyone

I am going out with hubby on Valentines Day and having an Indian and I am having what I want. We never go out and I have decided that to stick to this diet I have to be realistic. I am planning to eat out every now and then and I think it will help me to stick to the plan the rest of the time because it is something to look forward to and also it makes you feel less restricted. I have found that when I can't have something I want it more and that is how I have failed with my diet so many times. Good luck.xx

in your sw book it has a takeaway and dining out part.........it will give u a good idea what indian food to have and how many syns....rule of thumb, don't go for any currys with a thick sauce cos it will be ladened with syns.....

Just have whatever you want - look at it this way, as my SW consultant very wisely says, 1 meal out of 21 does not make you put on weight! Stick to SW before and after, save a few syns up, have whatever you want and.....most importantly of all....ENJOY!
(I loooooove Indian!)

im with fea - as a fellow indian food lovers, i save syns all week then go out and have what i want. u deserve it for the last 5weeks of being sooo good. Although another idea is making a syn free curry and making it a nice meal in the house? i made the curry in the new slimming world magazine and it was amazing - other half loved it to x

Well we did it.... we went last night and i had a FAB time! I had bought a new top, got dressed up after having my hair coloured (i'm now back to a brunette), and felt happy going out for the first time in a long time.

OH ordered poppadums, but i only ate half of one... which was alot less then i would normally have eaten! I wanted to try something with a lot of flavour for the main, so i had a pathia, which is like a sweet and sour chilli dish... but it was soooo hot i couldn't eat it!!! :8855:
I picked at the chicken but in the end i ate my rice with a load of salad and my OH had to finish the curry... we were laughing so much, and he was so stuffed we came home without eating a dessert. The whole debacle made the evening one of the best we've had in a long long time! Thankyou so much to everyone who replied for showing me it's ok to have a little of what you want... :D

i totally agreee one meal is fine honey it's valentines go out go mad then have a low syn day for two days lots of free food XXXXXXXX you still have to enjoy treats food is not the enemy even if it is cooked in fat the important thing is knowing you can have it as long as you balance it out by not having something else

Oh Jo I'm so pleased you had a lovely time.
I'm making a curry tonight x x

Curry is something I Lurve! But I can never seem to make a nice one! and the one from my indian (i usually hav veggie) is always greasy anyone got any tips for a qucik and easy curry? thanks x

Back