Indian takeaway curveball! help pls...

spottydoris

Determined to succeed!
Going to OH's parents for a big family dinner and turns out it's a bloody damn sodding effing takeaway. Probably Indian or Chinese... more than likely Indian.

What's the best thing for me to order?

I've had about 5.5 syns today so I've got some to play with but would prefer to keep them low (first weigh in tomorrow!)

S xx

If you look under the "eating out" sub topic I think there are some useful threads on there for takeaways which will probably give better advice than me! Also, just a thought, if 5,5 syns isnt going to be enough, you could plan what you'll be eating from the eating out threads and then flexi-syn it xxxx

Thanks both - really useful.

Do you think if I have tandoori chicken (marinaded in natural yogurt and baked with onion, peppers etc) with some plain rice and salad I could count it as, I dunno, maybe put aside 5 syns in case of yogurt/oil use?

(P.S. I've used 5.5, which means I've basically got 10 to play with but would simply rather not!;))

Spots xx

I was supposed to be having an Indian takeaway last week and my consultant told me that a chicken dhansak is only 6.5 syns and then boiled rice is free. I checked it out and thats what it says on sw website too. Just be careful not to have "extras" as I think one poppadom is 4 syns - and you cant have just one!!!

At least having a "proper" dish means you're still joining in?

jen3 said:
I was supposed to be having an Indian takeaway last week and my consultant told me that a chicken dhansak is only 6.5 syns and then boiled rice is free. I checked it out and thats what it says on sw website too. Just be careful not to have "extras" as I think one poppadom is 4 syns - and you cant have just one!!!

At least having a "proper" dish means you're still joining in?

Just remember the amounts you get in a takeaway are bigger than a portion a portion is around 340g and the last curry takeaway I got weighed in at 600 so I split it and ate over 2 days

Back