Induction breakfast ideas pleeeeese!

lucy4loop

Silver Member
OK, I'm getting a little bored of bacon, eggs & mushrooms now.
I've tried asparagus wrapped in bacon, didn't enjoy that too much. I have scrambled eggs with smoked salmon sometimes, and did have a MiM with marmite once, so there's another option. I'm just wondering if there's anything else you lovely people have that might shake things up a bit? Thanks :) x

I like

- bacon, tomato and avocado
- omelettes or frittatas
- check out the recipes for sausage and egg muffins (I make them with bacon)

i could never get board of bacon and eggs lol x

Thanks Susie. Tomato with avocado is a good idea, I love them. I have been browsing through the recipes thread but there are soooo many pages! I've copied a few down for future use.

Sweet omelette... interesting! Thanks for the link :)

I had a fritatta this morning, with bacon, 1 cherry tomato, mushroom and cheddar, made a nice change. I am considering trying an Atkins shake for breakfast the mornings I work (3 days a week) - the time and pile of dishes from cooking in the morning is a struggle some days! I was thinking I'd buy a ready to drink carton of chocolate and vanilla and decide which one I like best before I buy a tin, does anyone else use these occasionally?

I know it can be hard when you're rushing in the morning but can you make stuff the night before and heat up at work? I tried the shakes for a while but was ravenous by 11am!

Please believe me when I say I'm no purist - but I do believe it's better to have cooked stuff with no additives if you can :)

I have pre cooked sausages from the night before sometimes.

Hardboiled egg

to be honest I eat so little now as I get full so quickly, but I agree breakfast is hardest

I know it can be hard when you're rushing in the morning but can you make stuff the night before and heat up at work? I tried the shakes for a while but was ravenous by 11am!

Please believe me when I say I'm no purist - but I do believe it's better to have cooked stuff with no additives if you can :)

Thanks Susie, that's what I was afraid of, getting hungry really soon. On reflection I'd rather stick to proper food, there are always options for making something quick. Besides, I loved my fritatta yesterday, have a feeling I might have that again this morning!

I try and spend time on the weekend to make stuff like omelettes and freeze them - you just have to remember to take them out in time :D

I'm struggling too and yet am a stay at home mum. Not always easy if I have to take kids out in the morning and they both need sorting and/or feeding. Naughty but yesterday I had no time, baby had been up all night, and the only thing I could have was a VLCD bar.

May have to do the egg muffins and pop in the freezer for busy days. This morning I'll be having eggs and sausages yummy!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Must admit that now i do it regularly, scrambled eggs is amazingly fast! And we do our bacon in the microwave too....

So bacon in mw for 2.5 mins (on mw rack plus paper towel on top)
Fill sink with hot soapy water
Crack eggs, heat pan plus butter and cook (slowly so dont beat the bacon!)
Serve, eat, throw everything in sink
Total time 5 mins :D

I must buy marmite and bovril! Lol

talking of marmite, i made a garlic and herb mim, and spread it with butter amd marmite, oh my it was amazing! (took it to work for lunch)

breakfast, sometimes i do quaks' flax 'porridge' or i have some ff greek yog with some flax stirred in, but mostly i have bacon and eggs.

Mmmm... Garlic, herb and marmite! What could be nicer! :)

Marmite - yummy:D
Xxx

Back