Introducing moi! :)

Hello All!

I thought i'd best introduce myself if i'm going to get into the habit of appearing on the forum! My name is Nikky and I'm new to the forums.

I've been going to Slimming World for a few months now. I did really well before Christmas and lost 1 stone 2 lbs but unfortunately I put 13 1/2 back on whilst on holiday in Scotland and over the Christmas period. So i've wiped the slate clean and i'm ready to start again. I've been struggling to get back into the diet and so have only lost a few lbs since Christmas so I'm going to need lots of encouragement! I've included a long list of my losses/gains so far below. As you can see i'm struggling to get back on the horse recently and really need some motivation and tips!

I'm a student studying for a masters degree in Clinical Psychology and i'm currently working in an inpatient mental health setting part time and as an assistant neuropsychologist the rest of the time. I love travelling and animals and I own 2 mice and 3 pet rats. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone! :)

My weight loss journey so far:
24/10- 16st 2lbs - Starting weight
1/11 - 15st 11lbs - 5lb off :D
7/11 - 15st 8.5lbs - 2.5lb off
14/11 - 15st 11lbs - 2.5lb on :(
21/11 - 15st 4.5lbs - 6.5lb off!!
28/11 - 15st 3.5lbs - 1lb off
5/12 - 15st 3lb - 0.5lb off
12/12 - 15st 0lb - 3lb off and my stone award
15/1 - 15st 13.5lbs - Almost back to the beginning :(
9/1 - 15st 10lb - 3.5lbs off
16/1 - 15st 10.5 - 0.5lbs on
23/1 - 15st 6.5 - 4lbs off
30/1 - 15st 9.5 - 3lbs on
6/2 - 15st 9lbs - 0.5 lbs off
13/2 - 15st 7.5lbs - 1.5 lbs off

Last edited:
Hi Nikky!!

Best of luck with it all. I also went a bit mad over Christmas..it's hard not to!. That's cool about your rats and mice..have you got funny names for them?. I had a pet mouse when I was younger..he was called DJ Plop, lol.
Hope you have a great week!

Hi

I started SW in the new year and I'm loving it. You may have nearly been back at the beginning but at least you haven't given up and imagine if you hadn't lost that weight before christmas.

Good luck and see you around! xx

Welcome and good luck with the weight loss, I think everyone put on weight over Christmas the main thing is to start again.

A think I just need a swift kick up the backside. I had a moment of realisation and inspiration in my meet tonight.. So i'm starting this week determined to have a good week. I'm a bit worried though as I am spending 3 days in Edinburgh starting tomorrow and I have birthday party at the weekend!

I unfortunately gained 1.5lbs this but I knew that was going to happen looking at the week i've had. Really hoping this forum is going to give me lots of motivation and inspiration to stay on plan :)

I have my WI tonight so we'll see. To be honest I don't think I will have done too well this week. I've been in Edinburgh Tuesday-Thursday and then I went to Derbyshire from Friday-Sunday so today is the first time i've been at home.

I've attempted to be as good as possible for example having a salad buffet at pizza hut and only a single slice of pizza (It must have a been a miracle!!), substituting a full English each morning for scrambled egg with bacon and some fruit and I also walked up Arthur's seat so i'm hoping i've not done too awfully :/

Back