iPhone vs Samsung Galaxy S2

WelshJojo

Gold Member
Currently have an iPhone 3GS which isn't due for upgrade til December, but orange have come to me with a cracking deal to upgrade early! My iPhone is really slow and its started to drive me mad! I'm really tempted by the galaxy S2, but one concern is that ive got 1000's of songs on here, and was wondering if anyone out there knows whether I can transfer the songs on my iTunes, over onto a new phone. Any comments or help please guys-the guy in the orange shop in town was neither use nor ornament when I asked him!! Cheers :) xx

laineybell said:
tbh, i would wait because i know both the S3 and iphone 5 r out later this year!!

Cheers I appreciate that info, but I'm not really that much of a gadget lover, and really like the galaxy s2! Also I'd be wary of a phone that'd just come out, cos aren't they normally full of issues to start with lol

I couldnt be without my iphone! I would only upgrade to a newer iphone from now on cos i have my whole life on it! :D

if you do decide to change I would think you should be able to change your music over but it would depend on what the music facilities on your new phone is. I presume you have all your music on itunes so therefore will also be stored in a drive on your PC so you will be able to put all of them on it. The only thing i'm not sure about is if your new phone doesnt support itunes then songs/albums you've purchased from itunes may not be able to be transferred. :confused:

I agree that I'd imagine you could transfer music as long as new phone supports iTunes. But.... I would never be without an iPhone now, I upgraded from iPhone 3GS to iPhone 4 and will def be sticking with them in future too! :)

What operating system is the Samsung on? If its Android there's an app you can buy that's called tunesync that let's you put itunes music on your non Apple phone, the only disadvantage is having to make playlists to do so. But I can't image it would be that hard to convert your music library to a giant playlist.

MadameLaMinx said:
What operating system is the Samsung on? If its Android there's an app you can buy that's called tunesync that let's you put itunes music on your non Apple phone, the only disadvantage is having to make playlists to do so. But I can't image it would be that hard to convert your music library to a giant playlist.

Thanks MLM! Yeah it's an android phone :) x

Awesome, then its totally doable. I have it for my phone and it works great. You have a small download on your pc and the app on your phone and it transfers them easily.

You might want to buy a bigger memory card for your new phone if it doesn't come with as much storage as your old phone though.

Sinead6uk said:
I couldnt be without my iphone! I would only upgrade to a newer iphone from now on cos i have my whole life on it! :

I couldn't agree more!! Never would I change phones now just the model rather than the brand! My bb was shockingly cr*p!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm not sure about the Galaxy S2, but I have a Galaxy S and it's not that great as a phone (admittedly it might be user error and my cheap cell phone plan)...for multimedia and all the rest it's fantastic.

The Galaxy S2 is much better than the first one and up there neck-and-neck with the Iphone4s according to many review sites.

I declined upgrading my iphone 4 to 4s as the iphone 5 is rumoured to be in October. Pointless taking out a longer contract (18 month minimum these days).

As for transferring, all my itunes stuff are my own as I do not buy music from itunes, but as mentioned they will all be in a folder in itunes so you can literally drag and drop to an Android phone.

I quite fancy a Galaxy S3, but am now an Apple convert - plenty of time to decide though;)

My hubby has a galaxy s2 and he's a proper gadget geek. He spent ages reading reviews etc before getting his phone and he thinks it's awesome - 3 months later he's still going on about it's amazing features and the massive clear screen etc.

PS I'm also a little bitter that my Nokia (symbian operating system) has a lot less free apps than his android so I'm always telling him it's a rubbish phone when actually I'm quite jealous!

iphone 4 :) LOVE mine :) Plus you can get the Slimming World App and minimins :) x

I have an S2 and absolutely love it, I am a huge fan of the Android OS. My wife had (and loved) a 3gs and then upgraded to an S2 which she loves now. It really is a fantastic phone.

That said however - my boss just traded in his 3gs for an S2 and regrets it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

To answer your question though, you definitely can move your itunes music library over to the S2.

I can understand why people love Apple stuff, it is lush. But I switched from a 3G to this HTC and despite the issues it has had with the Gingerbread OS, I wouldn't go back. For one thing, I am with o2 and their phone contracts for iPhone are ludicrous if you don't want to pay upfront for your handset. When I was looking at upgrades, to get an iPhone 4 would have cost me an extra ten pounds a month AND they insisted you took out insurance on it. Which I just couldn't justify. So I went with the infinitely cheaper HTC contract and saved myself a fortune. It does what it is supposed to do, and plenty of things that you would have never imagined a phone would do twenty years ago, and wow, even makes calls!

As smartphones go, its pretty damn smart, and for a damn sight less money.

Thanks for all the advice and opinions :) I stuck with what I know and went for the iPhone 4s! It arrived this morning and I've just charged it and am about to sync it :) thanks again xx

Back