Is Boot Camp the new Zumba?

Maximus

Gold Member
Up until recently, Zumba was the latest craze, everyone (and his dog) was getting into it.

Now there's a new kid on the block - in the form of Boot Camp. Not sure if this is replicated elsewhere, but here in northeast England, Boot Camp is certainly capturing the imagination of a lot of my work colleagues.

I should point out though they are all female and might have something to do with the instructor being "fit"!!

Apparently, from what they tell me, whreas Zumba is fun and lots of people have a laugh and a bit of exercise, Boot Camp is really hard-core and not for the faint-hearted.

Indeed some days they come into work absolutely aching from head to toe having been worked way beyond the norm.

Things people do for pleasure eh?

Anyone else hearing great stuff about Boot Camp?

Steve

A friends of mine is doing it. Facebook statii galore about ouches and pain and knackered etc. They do a couple of the military ones in my area, don't know if they're the same. Works out about the same cost as gym membership. I suppose it's the same motivation needed to go to the gym. Getting up at 6 to fit in a session before work, running around a park in the rain. Don't fancy it much if I'm honest regardless of how fit the instructor might be!

I LOVE bootcamp honestly got me into great shape and toned and I started bootcamp on my first day of SW at 15st,11lbs and nearly died but I am so fit now look smaller then I actually weigh and I can run.. Alot and far :)

For me yes the instructor was hot, but who cares when your overweight and look like your going to due at any minute like I did lol it was the fun group atmosphere and the motivation that I loved he pushed me harder then I would ever push myself and I hit muscle groups I wouldn't have dared exercised myself!

Overall a big thumbs up for me and I loved it so much I combined it with the gym and I got the exercise bug and havnt stopped since :)

Back