Is it a problem? - any CDCs???

wannabslim

Gold Member
I just went VERY dizzy, I was sitting down watching tv and the whole room started wobbling around....

I've never suffered from dizziness - sometimes a bit of lightheadedness or tiredness but NEVER this. Have drunk plenty of water and had all my packs... any idea what could have caused this, and do you think its something I should be worrying about?

xx

I had this and collapsed with it so please please be careful. It could be low blood sugar. Keep an eye on it. Hopefully a CDC will come by soon. Take Care xx

hun whats your blood pressure like - mine is always pretty low and sometimes i get dizzy spells like that because it just drops sometimes, unlike high blood pressure its normally nothing to worry about, but if its really worrying you I would always go and see your GP - like the others said may need to get your blood sugars tested :)

nikki xx

Well i've never had an abnormal bp, got checked about 2 months ago when i went to get some medicine and as usual, no problems... its weird as apparently i "look very tired" (was told this about half an hour ago) and then the dizzy thing happened.

Blood sugars? Why would i need to get them tested? What would cause a dizzy spell?

x

sometimes when you are on a diet like this one which makes your body create its own source of glucose some people may get a drop in their blood sugars which is why people who have diabetes have to be careful on this diet (unless supervised by a doctor). So a drop in blood sugars can make you a bit dizzy - to get it tested is a quick test they prick your finger to get some blood and a stick tests the blood sugars the result is back in 20 secs, but to be honest a one off episode of dizziness could be down to you getting a bug or nothing at all. Seriously if you are really worried about it give NHS direct a ring or I would phone the gp on monday ask him over the phone :)

nikki xx

i just felt very light headed, spaced out and very tired all the time, the diet doesn't suit everyone for whatever reasons. Maybe you need to contact your CDC and see what they suggest and if your concerned see your doctor if it continues just to put your mind at rest.

Thanks guys for your responses. I think I will go to bed now and get a good night's sleep. If it happens again I may go to the doctors and will mention it to my CDC whatever happens on Monday and see what she says. If it doesn't happen again maybe its just a bizarre one-off. As I say it's never happened to me before so I guess I'll wait and see if it happens again before I make any rash decisions!

Thanks again for your help gang xx

I know you said in your OP that you were sitting and went dizzy, but if you have been over exerting throughout the day it can cause low blood sugar and low blood pressure. You can pop into most lloyds Pharmacies these days and they will check your BP and blood sugar for free.
Mention it to your CDC next time you go, and I would suggest if you are not already doing so, splitting your packs as hopefully this will keep your blood sugars on a steady level. :)

ah that's interesting, I have been working hard today tidying the flat so that could be it. Will deffo mention it to CDC on Monday and try to spread my packs more evenly and see if that helps (i tend to have one in the morning, one about 6pm then one at about 8.30pm so maybe that's the cause). Thanks Spooky! x

Back