Extra Easy Back on it like a car bonnet

Crafty Girl

Silver Member
That is our consultant's favourite saying so thought I would pinch it for this thread.

I started Slimming World on 31 October 2016 at a weight of 16 stone 7.5 pounds and my husband Paul joined me a couple of weeks later at 18 stone 2 pounds. We currently weigh 14 stone 6 pounds and 14 stone 13.5 pounds respectively so as you can see Paul is doing better than me at the moment.

This week I lost 2 pounds despite having our Xmas party at work on Friday. Mind you I was never off the dance floor and my Fitbit registered 19000 steps up to resetting at midnight and another 4000 up to when I got home at 1:30 am so all that dancing must have had an effect on my weight loss. My average in a day is about 7000 steps. Mind you they have moved the printer at work out of our office into the post room last Thursday so we have further to walk to collect our printing so my daily number of steps should go up on average!

I am determined to have a loss or at least a maintain over Christmas. As our normal weigh in at group is on a Monday our consultant has moved it to Sunday morning for a couple of hours to accommodate all three Monday groups (9:30 5 pm and 7 pm) for Christmas and New Year. I normally go to the 7 pm group. Paul however is working on Christmas Eve so can't get to the weigh in. As our consultant only lives round the corner she has suggested that depending on what time Paul finishes work he can pop round to her house after work and she will weigh him in there. That is really good of her especially as she has 3 year old twins! If not he will have to find another group to go to just to weigh in! There are plenty of groups in our area so it shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway the dog is moaning at me to give her a fuss so I will go for now.

Welcome in! :D

Bit of a blip due to pizza and mince pies. 2 pounds on. Had a word with my consultant at sw and she suggested I am being too hard on myself so I have amended my target to 13 stone. 1 stone 8 pounds to go and then I will reassess and take it in 1 stone chunks. Think tha5 will take the pressure off me. Had Christmas taster last night at group and had my leggings and xmas t-shirt on and was told I looked really good. I still feel very fat though but took the complements with a smile. I must remember I have lost 2 stone not focus on how much I have to lose. Will have to go on the main computer to update my tracker in my signature.

Another gain this week. Not happy but not unexpected either. Am now only 6 pounds lighter than last Christmas. Will have to really knuckle down to it or I will back where I started . will get planning over Christmas ready for starting again on Wednesday.

Back on it today. Most of the baddies gone but will syn all the rest. Out tomorrow with a friend who is also doing slimming world so will be able to keep each other on track. Making overnight oats for tomorrow' s breakfast and going to make crustless quiche for tomorrow's tea. Went with paul for his weigh in tonight as didn't stay to group when i weighed in on sunday so picked up the new booklet to motivate us. Going to sut down tomorrow and plan meals for next week as I am back at work but Paul is off. He is working this week and I am off - sod's law!!!!!

Didn't weigh in today. Going to go on Wednesday night instead as Paul couldn't make today's weigh in as he is working 6 till 5. Made Broccollu and Stilton Soup today got lunch. Have 3 portions left in the fridge to see me next week at work. Only in work 3 days as at a funeral of my mother in law's best friend on Friday. They have known each other since they were 14 when they both started work at the same place on the same day and both turned 87 earlier this month.

Oh well. I bit the bullet and got weighed in at group tonight. I put 4.5 pounds on over Christmas. I am now the same weight as I was on 2nd January 2017 so in effect have wasted a year. Am now back on it following the consultant doing a new member talk for everyone both old and new members. I want to lose an average of 2 pounds a week which is doable if I stick to plan. I am going to visit my cousin in Paris for my birthday in March for a few days (Wednesday to Saturday) so am aiming to lose 1 stone 8 pounds by then (average 2 pounds a week). All the naughties from Christmas are now gone so I have no excuse not to stick to plan.

Back