It's a Darn Good Thing I Bought Three Cases

Oinkstop

Well it turns out it is a darn good thing I bought three cases (a three-month supply) of the Cambridge shake mix the other day.

We just found out that my wife is losing her job on 3/31. :eek:

If I hadn't bought the CD mix when I did, I'd probably have to stop with the diet, since I don't think we'll have extra money in the budget for shake mix.

I guess now I have even more motivation to stick with it, since I don't know if we'll be able to afford more later.

Here's to hoping I'll lose at least 3 stone during the time I have left, and that my job isn't on the chopping block next!

But surely the shake mix isn't an 'extra' but instead of what you'd normally spend on food? I ate so much sugary, sweet stuff before CD I am actually alot better off now. I do understand it's tough to have to buy so much up front, but please don't let this dent your determination... CD has to be a way of life for now, while we get to goal. I'd rather go without new clothes/ going out/ treats etc and economise than give up on CD.
I do sympathise with you both, it's rotten to lose your job especially in these credit-crunch times. Give her an extra hug.
xxx

Aww really sorry to hear about your wife's job.

I am in the Uk and lucky as we buy direct from our cdc and can do it weekly but buying in bulk would certainly make a dent in my finances too.

I have found that being on cd tho has saved me money as i use to have at least 1 takeaway a week then rest of the time was buying all ww meals, snacks etc which add up to lots.

I hope your wife finds another job soon.

Hmm i dont think CD always saves you money. I found although I ate badly before I didnt spend alot as unhealthy food is so cheap!!

Anyways sorry to hear about your wife loosing her job. I finish my job at the end of April which is why I started this diet when i did - so I could be on a healthy eating plan at goal by that time as I wont have the money to continue doing it!

Actually the shake mix adds quite a bit to our food budget. It's already paid for, so that's a plus, but I don't know what our financial situation will be like three months from now. Hopefully, the wife won't be out of work for too long, and I'll be able to continue when I run out of shake mix.

Oh well, that's three months away. I'm going to try not to worry about it. We'll have plenty of other things to worry about, like paying all our other bills first!

Back