I've committed to a 6 week Kettlercise class, shock horror!

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
Afternoon all! Well as the title says I have finally committed to an exercise class. Considering I hate exercise, particularly organised classes, this is a big step for me!

I'm determined to shift some of the weight I've regained since I gave up smoking :(

It starts on 19th January, so wish me luck! I'm going to get myself one of the kettle bells they've got on sale in Aldi this week. When my local Aldi's get them in that is :sigh:

xxx

Afternoon all! Well as the title says I have finally committed to an exercise class. Considering I hate exercise, particularly organised classes, this is a big step for me!

I'm determined to shift some of the weight I've regained since I gave up smoking :(

It starts on 19th January, so wish me luck! I'm going to get myself one of the kettle bells they've got on sale in Aldi this week. When my local Aldi's get them in that is :sigh:

xxx
Good on you, and well done for the commitment.

I ahve done something equally mad and signed up to do a half marathon in Oct. Have never run in my life so need to start now, best thing is one of my work colleagues runs them all the time and is doing a little schedule for me.

After watching 'a year to save my life' yesterday I think there is no excuse not to do it.

Bless ya - remember it's gonna be killer to start but it will get easier! Best of luck and let us know how you are getting on
Stef
x
PS Well done on quitting - 2nd Feb is my re-quit date!

That's fantastic :) it will be hard when you first start, but it soon becomes easier
I love the bells and have done Kettlercise classes and survived
Happy swinging and shrinking :)

WOW!!!!

Well done lovely, although owch owch owch!
Was reading up on kettle bells today (they are on offer in sainsbury's!) but they don't do the classes at my gym!
Can't wait to see how you get on! x

Blimey good for you. As a fellow exercise hater, I can honestly say I wouldn't know a kettlebell if it came and sat on my lap! Hope it gives you the boost you're after x

Thank you all! I shall update you on my progress once I've started - if I haven't brained myself by dropping it on my head that is! :D

I'm still waiting for ALDI to have their kettle bells in...they were supposed to come in last thursday but they'd been stuck in a port somewhere (or so I was told!). Been to 2 different ALDIs so far and my patience is starting to wear thin :)

xx

Had a look at the Sainsburys ones today and they are HUGE! Much better to buy the iron ones!

dudette2001uk said:
I'm not sure what the Aldi on es will be when they come in. I know they are going to have 2.5kg, 5kg and 7.5kg...which weight would be best to buy? I think 7.5kg might be a bit heavy for me, and maybe the 2.5kg is too light?

I've have 2 2.5 and they do get heavy when waving your arms all over the show >.<

Personally I'd start out small then move up if needs be

I agree with beautiful.XTC. When I went to body pump, it was easy for the first ten mins or so, but after 20 minutes it burns!!

I started with a 5kg, and will get the Aldi (which are cast iron) 7.5kg when they get them.
I think the 2.5 is too light, you could use dumbbells for the lighter moves, the KB moves should all be able to be done with the 5kg.

Start with a 5kg, most others that have started lighter have grown out of them after a couple of sessions and it just sits gathering dust.

The aldi ones are good so dont hesitate on that score, and so are tesco ones which are metal also and on sale for £6.66, can order direct for pick up as well :)

I wouldnt recommend dropping one on your head... or your foot, or your floor lol :)

When you start class, dont feel that you have to keep up with it all, take breaks as needed, and do fewer reps, I did and so do most new people that started classes x

Well I've just ordered a 5kg kettle bell from Tesco...getting fed up of waiting for the Aldi ones to come in. I got told today that they've managed to get them into the country now, but they don't know whereabouts they are or how long it'll be before they come into the stores xx

how exciting :) hope it comes soon x

Good luck Sian, you will really enjoy it & its fab for toning up. let us all know how you get on at your class

Well I thought I'd check in to let you all know how I got on at my first class tonight! :)

I really enjoyed it! :D It was hard work, but I came out looking forward to the next class, which is a new thing for me, lol!

I can feel my legs turning to jelly already though, so gawd knows what they'll be like by the weekend! :)

xx

Fantastic :)
It is such a different way of working out

What weight did you use?
Hope your legs have recovered x

Back