I've just had solid "food"....

ohtobeslinky

Silver Member
....well not quite but I made a muffin from the chocolate pack - and yes I know this is not recommended as the microwave can destroy certain nutrients but I thought I would give it a go!

3 tbls of boiling water, 4 sweeteners, chocolate shake, stirred into a stick paste in a small cup and microwaved for 1min 10secs.

Odd texture when sticky but actually really nice on the bits that weren't sticky! I may have to look at this one again to get it right! It just felt ace using a fork and chewing!! x:eek:

Itried this once and the bits that hadnt cooked were gross....lol....not plucked up the courage to try again.....

Yeah - the uncooked bits made me gag - but the rest of it was fine! I found a very old post on here from 2008 with loads of suggestions - including making poppadums from the chicken soup! x

Oh my god - the power of invention is amazing

Good on you slinky - let us know the "recipe" when you have perfected it

If you can get poppadums out of that chicken soup then you should def enter in Masterchef goes large!!! Imagine John and Gregs face if you handed them up chicken soup poppadums and an LT chocolate muffin.

They could rename "Nigella bites" to "Slinky bites"!!

lmao - I'll find the old post again and copy and paste it into here - they're really not my suggestions - but the muffin truly did work! x

This was from a post by Sakthi on 17th April 2008:

Chocolate/Vanilla/strawberry Flavours
Muffin
1.Put a little BOILING WATER into a ramekin dish, or whatever you have - thick mug or similar (about 2 desert spoons to begin with - you can add more later if necessary)

2. Add the choc pack (or whatever flavour you desire) and mix it to a THICK PASTE so thick you think it’s too thick!

3. Put into the microwave on high for just over a minute - if it looks a bit soggy in the middle put it back for about 10 seconds or so.....

BE CAREFUL IT DOES'NT BURN!!!!
Ice Cream
Put 11 ice cubes in a liquidiser (a strong one) and crush the ice. Add a food pack (chocolate is a good one!) - add a small amount of water (about 2 tbsp) and liquidise for 5 mins. You end up with a big bowl of "ice cream"

Smoothie
Place 10-16 ice cubes (depending on your preference), a pint of water, and your food pack in a Smoothie Maker and blend for approx. 3 mins. Makes about 2 pints of delicious cold frothy whatever flavour you like.

Bar of Chocolate!
You can make chocolate out of a chocolate pack! Mix pack with a bit of water till you have a thick paste, then spread on some tin foil and put in the freezer for an hour or more. It really tastes quite like chocolate!

Variation : Use half chocolate and half vanilla for a Mars bar!
Chocolate Biscuit
Put sparkling water into a chocolate pack and then add a pinch of salt. Put this on a small plate, round it into a biscuit shape and bake it in the microwave for 2.30 minutes. The result is a crunchy chocolatey biscuit with a “dunking” texture.

Chocolate Fudge
1 packet of chocolate
1/4 cup of hot water
2 or more sweeteners
1tsp of coffee (if you like)

Mix well - it should look like a thick chocolate soup. Microwave it for 2 minutes. It comes out as a thick gooey mess, which tastes like fudge!

Caffe Latte
Mix a hot vanilla shake add a teaspoon of coffee and some sweeteners
“Chocolate Pudding & Chocolate Sauce”
Microwave most of the choc pack like a cookie but keep some aside and mix into a thick paste whilst the muffin is cooking. Take muffin out and smear with thick choc goo and eat, it really does taste nice and cools the muffin down. I suppose this can be done with vanilla 'icing' too.

Chocolate Custard
Dissolve a sweetener in approx 70 mls hot water. Add a chocolate pack. Microwave for approx 40 secs. Makes a lovely hot chocolate custard.

Hot ChocoMint
Make up some strong peppermint tea. Mix a chocolate pack with hot water and a couple of sweeteners (depending on your taste) add the tea. Microwave for approx. 20 secs and stir (better if you whisk with an aerolatte) – Divine!

Soups
Chicken Stuffing
Mix as you would do for a chocolate muffin but use a packet of chicken soup instead. Cook in microwave for 1.40 secs or more or less depending on how dry you like it.

Poppadom’s
Mix a soup pack into a smooth paste, spread on a plate or greaseproof paper and microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 mins.when it starts to bubble open up and let it settle for a sec. keep opening and letting it settle until (the poppadom) starts to turn golden (don't take your eyes off it)!!! - when it is golden brown take it out and let it cool, then peel it off and enjoy
Be careful of overcooking, as this will make them taste slightly bitter.

Crisps
Mix a soup pack, black pepper, salt and Tabasco to paste using sparkling water. Spoon tiny bite size pieces onto some baking parchment/greaseproof paper. Put in the microwave for approx 1 min depending on the power of your microwave – mine is 900 watts and I put them in for 1 min. If you wish you can shake some salt over them when they are finished.

ooooh thanks a million for this slinky!! sound gorgeous - am definately going to get adventureous tomorrow. x

OMG these recipes are AMAZING, i gotta try them :)
Thanks hun :) x

I've been informed that if you are going to "cook" the shakes only do one a day in case you lose too many of the nutrients.

And I'm going to try the poppadums tomorrow! x

i've some chocolate sachets left, think i'll have to try the muffins as i find the shake bliddy horrible to drink :)

Mmmmmmmm :)
I've just made the crisps (without the tabasco sauce) and they were absolutly scrummy, it felt like id eaten something substantail.
Gonna try the chocolate bar 2moro. Wonder if you could make mint chocolate bar if you used cooled peppermint tea????

Another great day for me :)

Clair x

Mmmmmmmm :)
I've just made the crisps (without the tabasco sauce) and they were absolutly scrummy, it felt like id eaten something substantail.

Clair x
Did you use sparkling water or just normal water x

I just used normal water, the shop didnt have any sparkling. Be careful tho, they burn easy lol x

Making the poppadums as we speak - just had one - odd but yummy! x

I made the chocolate muffin last night! Surprisingly it was yummy!!!
It made me feel naughty lol!

Going to try the crisps tonight!

I like making the them with the crushed ice with chocolate and coffee. Reminds me of my starbucks frappacino! Supa dupa yummy :D

Back