I've made the switch to Slimming World from Cambridge Diet

mandiep

Hi Guys,

Well, after losing almost 4 stone on CD, I have decided it's time to put food back into my life. CD maintenance program is very difficult to follow and really unsociable (at least when your not eating, you can get by).
I went away for the weekend and found myself following the slimming world red plan, so decided it was time to switch.
I don't expect to lose much in my first few weeks, as I haven't had food for 14 weeks, but at least once my body gets used to healthy eating, it will slowly come off and stay off (hopefully).

Has anyone got any advise for me to get started?

I joined my local Slimming World group last night.

Mandie

Well done on your loss so far Mandie and welcome to the SW forum. Cant think of any advise off hand, just wanted to say good luck. x

good luck with your switch.....I did work up the plans on CD although didn't really do 1500 for more than a couple of days.I find I can maintain very successfully following basic red days rules of Slimming world(I did lose some weight on SW a few years ago)

Welcome huni! Good Luck on this part of ya journey!

OMG Mary Poppins! Get your pics you look sooooooooooooooo different!

The Cambridge Diet sounds really scary!!!

Good luck on the switch. You have to do what feels right for you. Well done on losing over 4stones

well done on your loss on CD x

Hi just wanted to say that i too followed cd and lost similar amount, but still have a way to go, so i joined sw on monday. Good luck on the rest of your journey.
Sharon

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your replies.
Toothfairy, maybe we can make the journey together and swap notes. So far I feel great on slimming world. After 14 weeks of virtually no food, I feel like I am in heaven.
I had a red day yesterday and green today, I feel a bit bloated today so gonna stick to red days for a while.
I do want to say though, that without CD I wouldn't be where I am now. My councillor was great and understood why I swapped. She too feels that the maintenance plan is difficult on CD. We are still gonna keep in touch, she even gave me a refund for the packets I had left over.

Anyway, thats me for now.

Catch up soon

Back