IVF/TTC on VLCD

Pansy

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but it looks like the closest thing too it as some of you appear to have been ttc on diets.

I'm a Lipotrim restarter, I lost 4 stone and then piled it on again. Now its desperation point, we are due to start IVF in the next few months (date tbc). They expect me to lose nearly 2 stone by early February and I'd like to lose a bit more before I start. I know I've left it a bit late but its been hard to get motivated and even harder to face up to reality of what we face. Unfortunately I eat when I'm miserable so there was no hope!

I dont know how long I should persevere with a vlcd. I figured that with LT I will get as good a source of vitamins/minerals as I need, when before starting should I give up the diet? Has anyone been on a vlcd before IVF, anyone know where I can find any relevant info? I would be grateful for any advice - I'm bit confused at the moment! :confused:

Many thanks

P

Hopefully there will be someone around to help.......I saw your post and couldnt read and not say hi.

Good luck hun x

Afraid I cant help either Pansy...have you mentioned to your Doctors....some do recomment LT and CD for weight loss and may be able to give you some sound advice....

Best of luck and hugs!

Thanks for your help, its not a common question that most people would know the answer to, I just thought I'd ask here on the off chance. Perhaps a counsellor would know if any are about? I'm thinking of asking the drs when I go in for my appointment, unfortuntately as weight is a tricky issue (they keep nagging me about it!) I dont want to be the one to raise it first!

Well done on your weight losses, very inspring, and pregnancies!

P

Hiya Pansy.. I dont know how much help I can be - but I personally didn't feel comfortable with ttc while on a vlcd and wouldn't have done until I got to the 1000 plan.. From a midwifery perspective I'd strongly advise a patient not to ttc while on the vlc plans..

That said, I appreciate it's hard when you want to get going! With the sort of weight losses I saw with CD I would imagine that lipotrim is the same, maybe lose a couple of stone by end of feb (which is easily do-able) and then work up through the plans? Will give you a slower weight loss but at least you can be actively ttc in the meanwhile?? I'd have a long chat with both your gp and your counsellor about it though, they should be able to advise..

Good luck with the IVF and the weight loss..

xx

Back