J2's Final Battle Blog

Hiya James (i would say morning but that just highlights how behind i am today!) :)

Hi everyone. Sorry for not posting for a few days. I shall make it a minimum once daily event from now on.

Today's food:

B: Bacon and eggs, low carb sauce - 1g carbs
S: Quorn bites - 3g
L: Bacon pitta with black pepper mayonnaise, almond butter on toasted pitta - 11g
S: Quorn bites - 3g
D: Steak, mushrooms, garlic butter - 2g
S: Pastrami - 1.2g

Cream in tea: 2g

23.2g carbs today...not ideal but will see me stay comfortably in ketosis. A lack of planning and being like an excited kid needing to try the almond butter as soon as I bought it made me go over! Tomorrow I shall stay under 20g.

Hi James, still on track then mate

Yes Jim, still on track, gunning for that Century Club badge ;) How are you doing?

The almond butter is very nice! It keeps calling me...I got it from Sainsburys, it's called Meridian Naturals or something like that. It's just almonds and salt :D no sugar!

Hi James, the almond butter sounds good but must admit i've given up on spreads as nothing really to put them on- haven't really been in the mood for mims recently

Morning james, I'm fine thanks :)

I'm quite content with my Lurpak slightly salted :D

Hey everyone

I was going to let this fall off the page for a couple of weeks but thought I might as well be honest about what i'm doing ;)

After reading Gary Taubes' 'The Diet Delusion' again i've decided to go ultra low carb for a fortnight...my diet is entirely based on meat, cheese, eggs and watered down cream (for tea). I know people will think it's lacking nutrients and I should be eating vegetables etc BUT everything I eat is loaded with vitamins and minerals (i'm also supplementing with omega 3, chromium and multivitamins).

3 day update: feeling great and skin looking best it has ever looked! :D

First two days:

B: Pastrami and cheese
L: Bacon and eggs
D: Garlic butter chicken
S: Cheese

Today:

B: 4 cheddar babybels
L: Ham omelette
D: Bacon cheeseburgers
S: Cheese

You have to do what's right for you - try things out and see how they go, and good luck, and keep posting!

Bu try to squeeze some greens in there :)

B: Ham and mayonnaise rolls
L: Bacon and eggs
D: Garlic butter fried fillet steak and mushrooms

S: Cheese and I might brave a pickled egg...saw them in Sainsburys and thought I must have them! They're just sitting in there mocking me so i'm going to eat one to show them i'm not afraid!

Oh and blackberries

E: 90 minutes of some sort of exercise

W: Couple of litres

Random Thoughts: Feeling quite good. Aiming to be 16 stone by my birthday which would be quite good and give me a chance of making it to 13 stone by Christmas. 13 stone from 25 would be amazing and I must keep up as much exercise and focus as possible. In fact that has actually motivated me to go get on the treadmill :D

Last edited:
Morning James, good weekend?

Hi James, are you going to start your diary again:D

Don't Give Up!

J2 try looking at why you have fallen off the wagon. Are you tired of Atkins? Do you have too many temptations around you? How can you minimise temptations, get rid off the wrong foods, change who you are hanging out with.

Think positive about yourself, the more positive you think the more positive you will be. The more you love yourself, the kinder you will be to yourself.

Christi69!

Back