Jax's Diary

Thanks guys - your visits always make me smile each time I log on, especially M - very honoured to have a visit from you from your hospital bed!!!

Had a good day diet-wise and Beth is now well on the mend :) New cards arrived today but no PIN numbers as yet so still stretching out my cupboard and freezer stocks LOL. Have found out that whoever used my details ordered at least some of the stuff from Littlewoods Direct and paid with my creditcard details as two small transactions have now shown up on my account but still around £1400 pending - I assume that they will need to have given Littlewoods my address as well to get their order processed - seem to think that if you pay online with a creditcard you need to give the address that the card is registered at - will ring their fraud dept tomorrow just to check and hopefully stop any orders that havent already been sent out to whoever this eejit is! Barclaycard still cant do anything about it as yet but have told OH to ring back on Saturday to officially report the unauthorised use of the card! So helpful :rolleyes:

Hope everyone is doing well - have managed to catch up on some diaries but nowhere near all of them - darent even think about all the newbies yet!!! Bear with me I will get there!!!

hey hun, glad to hear Beth is on the mend.. tell her i'm saving her a really big embarrassing hug for when i come visit haha :D

have you thought about getting the card protection? I have it as am constantly losing my cards / keys / bag / purse and it covers all of it for something miniscule like £10 for 3 years.. really great as if i ring up, they have all my card details for every card i own - from my matalan card to my bank / credit cards and one click and they've cancelled them all.. brilliant :)

nice to see you back :) Sorry to hear about the card thing though, what a nightmare!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I'm blushing cos you were honoured at my visit. Well I'm home now and still visiting because I need all the friends I can find for WW supporters.

Hope the card is getting sorted and Beth continues to improve.

m

Just catching up with everything. Glad Beth is feeling better.

What a nightmare about your cards. Hope you reported it to the Police too.

Hi Jax

Sorry about your bad luck you have had. That is awful. Just catchin up on all the diaries.

Hope you are well

X
Thanks hun
hey hun, glad to hear Beth is on the mend.. tell her i'm saving her a really big embarrassing hug for when i come visit haha :D

have you thought about getting the card protection? I have it as am constantly losing my cards / keys / bag / purse and it covers all of it for something miniscule like £10 for 3 years.. really great as if i ring up, they have all my card details for every card i own - from my matalan card to my bank / credit cards and one click and they've cancelled them all.. brilliant :)
LOL the thought of anyone outside the family cuddling Beth is amusing - she's the independent tom boy who just dont do that girlie stuff! But you never know your luck. No havent thought of the card protection as I havent lost my card - it's still here in front of me - have no idea how its been done but hey ho.
nice to see you back :) Sorry to hear about the card thing though, what a nightmare!
thanks Ariana
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I'm blushing cos you were honoured at my visit. Well I'm home now and still visiting because I need all the friends I can find for WW supporters.

Hope the card is getting sorted and Beth continues to improve.

m
Thanks M, so glad you're home hun. Make sure you get plenty of rest!

Thanks Sandy. No I havent reported it to the police I assumed that creditcard peeps or Littlewoods would. Probably should though :doh:

Update on creditcard front - and it's good news - I rang Littlewoods fraud dept - they were very helpful told me that whoever it was knew my initial, my surname, creditcard details including the 3 digit security code and my full address - didnt know my first name or date of birth as they opened the account in the name of John and I would quite like this "Johns" year of birth as he is a few years younger!!! They ordered a 1GB memory card for £20ish, laptop for £600ish, and desktop PC for £800ish and paid £3.95 to get it sent to a different address in Essex. Littlewoods did a credit check on John and found he didnt exist and they tell me they are 100% sure they havent shipped either the laptop or the desktop PC out - and they are withdrawing the pending items for both on my creditcard account :D Their identity theft team are ringing me tomorrow or Monday to confirm and work out where we go from here! When I logged onto internet banking the pending items have now disappeared and only the delivery charge and 1GB memory stick have been processed. Creditcard company however are being a pain :mad: - they've sent us new cards but not PIN numbers as yet so cupboards and fridge is now bare and freezer rapidly depleting :sigh: They told us to ring today to officially report the unauthorised transactions but we cant get through on the phone. I emailed them with the info from Littlewoods and got a response back ignoring the content of my email and saying that they need an email from us to confirm that we want our cards blocked which we've already done and received the new ones! Am so glad that Littlewoods were on the ball and that we insisted that our creditcard was blocked immediately on Tuesday rather than just waiting as creditcard company initially advised. I no longer have any faith whatsoever in them! I cant remember when I or OH last used my card for a figure over £200 for anything - I thought they were supposed to monitor usage and ring you if sudden differences in use showed up???

Well dietwise am still hanging in there just with the lack of food choices. Have had a lazy day - doing nothing but hanging on the end of a phone - so no chance of any APs.

Am still catching up with everyones diaries. Hope everyone is having a good weekend xxx

Thanks - Just rang local police station as you suggested - told me I didnt need to report it but if my creditcard company thought a crime had been committed they would report it!

I am wondering, that if your card wasn't taken - have your details been nicked when you have bought something online or used your credit card to make a telephone booking or something.

I have often thought that when I am giving my details over the phone that this person could just be writing all this stuff down and then could use my card. It would be easy done I suppose if you were a little thieving beggar...

It is just so lucky that you spotted it in time. Very vigilant of you, Jax - gold star!!!

Just caught up on your dairy Jax...Sorry to hear about the whole credit card situation. Really hope that it all gets sorted our properly for you soon! xx

I am wondering, that if your card wasn't taken - have your details been nicked when you have bought something online or used your credit card to make a telephone booking or something.

I have often thought that when I am giving my details over the phone that this person could just be writing all this stuff down and then could use my card. It would be easy done I suppose if you were a little thieving beggar...

It is just so lucky that you spotted it in time. Very vigilant of you, Jax - gold star!!!
You're probably right Rosie - have only had this card since November and when I checked the statements there are only 5 likely candidates (as they had my address as well as security number!) - WW when I bought my next to useless pedometer over the phone, my daughters music lessons (get 10% off if you pay by card and over phone) Pamperedchef party, a calender company for someone specials birthday and I got a refund in DP - they always get you to fill in your name and address. I cant see it being Paypal or any of the other companies I've bought things from online cos they all had the security padlock thingy! But suffice to say I wont be paying by card at parties anymore or over the phone just to limit further the chances of it happening again! Far too stressful - my dad came down today and has taken me shopping with his creditcard LOL - thank heavens for daddies!
Just caught up on your dairy Jax...Sorry to hear about the whole credit card situation. Really hope that it all gets sorted our properly for you soon! xx
Thanks Laura - have just read your diary and heard your fab news!
Hope youre having a great day honey!! :)
Having a great day thanks Jen - hoping for a fab WI result like yours tomorrow - desperately hoping to hit my 3 stone moro too! Am a bit doubtful though as I feel quite bloated today x

Glad your having a great day.

Good luck for tomorrow wi. I am sure you will do great.

not think it could have been GAME? especially with the stuff not showing up in the box? x

Glad your having a great day.

Good luck for tomorrow wi. I am sure you will do great.
Thanks hun - good luck for moro to you too - hope this new evening points scheme works out for you!!!
not think it could have been GAME? especially with the stuff not showing up in the box? x
Thanks for the thought Rach but I've already checked them out along with play.com and similar that I used and they all have the padlock thingy the minute you log in to your account. Will run it past the identity theft peeps when they ring tho. Although from what I've read on the net its normally someone dodgy you know or have met - well now I think of it I did meet this odd gangster-like character recently up in Glasgow ... :p

haha! :D after watching all these programs i would vote DP's then.. they could easily have swiped your card and copied your details when giving you your refund.. *paranoid*

is it sorted now? x

I'm pretty sure its sorted or near enough; out of the four transactions 2 have gone thro for about £22 - I can handle that amount LOL and the 2 big ones are no longer pending and disappeared from account so all is good :D Still waiting for the phone call but that'll prob be tomorrow - my money is on DP, the pamperchef party as you fill all the details out on your order form and heaven knows what happens to all those copies after order processed or Omi's music lessons - wont be paying over the phone by card for them anymore even if I do lose my 10% reduction!

£22 isnt bad, but still.. shame you have still lost something! :( glad its all getting sorted for you. Hows Beth? x

Hi Jax

Glad your Dad has come to the shopping rescue and that the card is slowly getting sorted out, hope its all done soon.

Take care

M

£22 isnt bad, but still.. shame you have still lost something! :( glad its all getting sorted for you. Hows Beth? x
Beth's 100% back on form and oh boy dont I know it!!! She's been out and about all weekend - on her bike, skateboard, rollerblades, playing football etc - Its wonderful to see that is until its dark and she doesnt want to come in!!! Then I am the original evil one - how dare I expect her to come into the house when she isnt ready :8855:
Hi Jax

Glad your Dad has come to the shopping rescue and that the card is slowly getting sorted out, hope its all done soon.

Take care

M
So am I M, rang him last night and said - dad you know I've lost all this weight - well its gonna all go back on unless you help me - all i had left in the freezer were pies, frozen sausages and frozen chocolate gateaux and believe me the latter wasnt a WW one! Mind you the girls would have been in their element - no fruit, no veg etc LOL. Hope you're feeling better hun and not overdoing it!

Back