Jax's Diary

Thanks Rosie but I'm nowhere near a 16 yet! Nearer an 18 which I'm very happy with! No chance with the photos - but I promise when I'm at goal I will be posting the gross before ones next to the seven plus stone lighter ones (still not decided on a precise goal weight but will just stop when I'm happy)!!!

Have had a busy week; lots going on both at home and at work. Rach came to stay for a bit; never is long enough - seems like no sooner have I picked her up from the station that I'm taking her back :( Had a fab time; far too much alcohol, food points (we had Indian :D) and unsurprisingly lots of retail therapy! Was very funny watching 3 daughters fighting over Rach's attention. Roll on the next time - twins have already counted the sleeps til then LOL.

Diet-wise - all okay if I pretend Friday's curry and alcohol fest didnt happen. WI this morning showed another pound down which I am sure wont have reflected Fridays naughtiness so already dreading next weeks WI.

Exercise this week is absolutely zilch - foot is still playing up although I can now walk. Hoping to get to be able to go to a running shop this week or next and get fitted for a proper pair of running shoes which hopefully will stop another flare up. Hard to believe how quickly I've been bitten by this running bug and how much I miss not being able to go out and run!

Hope everyone is doing well and will be back later to pop into diaries xxx

Glad you had such a lovely weekend! I am off for a curry tonight so hoping to mirror your 1lb loss at next weigh in! lol

Well done on that pound Jax I'm sure with a little bit of cutting back you will keep it off and a bit more even after the danger of Rach staying.

Take care

M

Glad you had such a lovely weekend! I am off for a curry tonight so hoping to mirror your 1lb loss at next weigh in! lol
Thanks Jen, Enjoy your curry tonight - Am 100% sure you'll mirror my loss next week - you're so dedicated you'll claw everything back - such an inspiration!
Hello well done on your 1lb loss and having curry too!
Hope your foot feels better soon too.
xx
Thanks Fuzzy
Well done on that pound Jax I'm sure with a little bit of cutting back you will keep it off and a bit more even after the danger of Rach staying.

Take care

M
I hope so M, I keep telling myself it will kickstart my metabolism :rolleyes:

Not a happy bunny today - after being sooo good yesterday while out shopping with Rach, refusing to buy anything without checking in with OH first - I persuaded him to go to River Island and see this one gorgeous cardigan that would be just perfect for work. Could I buy it? No chance - miserable wotsit! Needless to say - he's in one room and I'm in the other :mad: Men!!! What a wonderful way to start two weeks off work with each other!

Oh, what a shame on the cardi front - after you doing so well losing weight, he must see that you need some new clothes - the others must be hanging off you!! (maybe he likes that...:eek:)

Well done on your 1lb off...and hopefully Friday night will be bypassed...xx

thats so mean about your cardi! :(

well done on your 1lb off though :D i know i shouldnt, but think how much you mighta lost if we hadnt had the curry! Ah well, itll come off this week i'm sure :D

did you eat your raspberry oatsosimple yet? :) x

Thanks Rosie. Yes Rach, thanks it was yummy although I think I'll stick to the multipack as I like all 3 and its nice to have a variety and not seen the raspberry in shops round here. How did your WI go?

Feel free to give up reading from hereon as I just need somewhere to vent!!!!Yesterday after weeks of flaffing about the local window company were finally due to come and do some work to our bathroom window. We have a major condensation problem so remedy was out with large window which had a small opening, in with larger opening tilt and turn window and high spec extraction fan installed into the bricked in part above the bath/shower area - £1000 - all done and dusted in a day ... or so we thought!

Fitters arrived at 8am and removed window - great - builder came shortly after started to brick up above the bath/sink area leaving gap for extractor fan and window - great. Electrician came and took one look at fan and said oh no that cant go there - too high voltage to go above bath :mad:

So we agreed reluctantly to down spec the extractor fan - could they provide - Nope too short notice :mad: Could we go to showroom grab some petty cash and go buy one at local supplier - nope dont do petty cash :mad: So we jump in car and go buy one ourselves telling company we'll knock cost off bill - Sorted, or so we think as builder plasters it in. Electrician then decides he cant do electrics until brickwork dries out :mad:

So that brings us to a second day - all diary entries moved from today to thursday as already busy tomorrow! This morning electrician arrives 8am - takes one look at fusebox and says ... Fusebox older than ? 5 years cant wire up the fan to that :mad::mad::mad: Well lets just say I blew more than a fuse!!!!

Rang company and spoke to owner who says he'll look into it. He rings back later and says he's found another electrician who will wire the fan in but not til Thursday! I told him I would insist on a certificate from this electrician (thinking this sounds like a cowboy jobbie) and he tells me yep thats okay but said certificate will have a note/disclaimer on it to say that the electric, the gas and water supply needs to be bonded as it doesnt meet current legislation :confused: I ask you what is the point of sending a surveyor round after the salesman takes your order and deposit if the surveyor doesnt check everything out? He literally came in looked around bathroom for less than 2 minutes and said yep thats no problem! I double checked high spec extractor in that corner - where was the switch going to be? Blooming useless!

Needless to say diet has got up and walked out the door today and yesterday :break_diet: and I am just about to finish the dregs of a bottle of that red stuff that is a darn good stress beater! :beam:

Hope everyone elses day is going a darn sight better than mine!!!

Haven't been posting for some time, but wanted to say well done on your excellent weight loss xx

your building work sounds like an absolute nightmare.. is it sorted now? xx

Haven't been posting for some time, but wanted to say well done on your excellent weight loss xx
Hi Deana, great to have you back - Hope you're okay hun xxx
your building work sounds like an absolute nightmare.. is it sorted now? xx
Hi Rach and in a word ... NO!!!! :mad::mad::mad: But I've given up worrying LOL

Well I need to be very grateful to either the stress of the goings on this week or the fact that I am still hobbling around like an ole geriatric woman. Odd you might think but I have finally lost another 4lbs this week and that brings me into the below 30 BMI - I am now officially just overweight!!! I am assuming the stress going on of late has either attacked my fat supplies/speeded up my metabolism or seeing as I havent been able to exercise at all cos of my foot I assume it is the muscle turning back into fat and weighing less :p that has tipped the scales - which ever it is I am extremely grateful :D:D:D See every cloud does indeed have a silver lining!

Have also just realised that when I have lost one more pound I will weigh 200 lbs exactly and will therefore have lost a whopping 25% of my original body weight :D Obviously when I have lost two more pounds I will weigh under 200 lbs for the first time in almost a decade!!!

I knew that something good needed to come out of this week somewhere and to be honest the way I have been picking :eek: and not pointing this week my weigh in was the last thing I expected it to come from :rolleyes:

Hope everyone is well - will be popping into diaries this evening/tomorrow - have a family birthday party with a buffet to prepare but not eat this afternoon.

Well done Jax. What a great achievement. If I do as half aswell as you have done when I get properly back into it I will be very happy xxx

so proud of you chuck, will come back later and ramble on properly when i am not late for work!

love you loads *cuddles* xxx

Hi Jax

I havent been on here much of late but I am so happy at how you are doing. Well done you!! You have done soooo well. Keep going mate.

XX

Jax, you are amazing! What an inspiration :D

Proud of you as ALWAYS!

So pleased to hear you have reached this particular milestone. Are you enjoying being able to browse in just about any shop now, and not be restricted? How does it feel to be checking out smaller sizes now?

My local BHS has had a mega sale for what seems months. At first I was looking at stuff in size 20s/22s now its 16s - it's weird, but nice.

AJ

p.s. It's a real bummer about your window:(.

Back