Jax's Diary

Sorry - I'm here, I'm here and all is well. Thank you so much for digging my diary out! I didnt realise it was so long since I'd logged into my own diary - I often just log in and read other peoples - I often dont have a lot to say in my own diary and it certainly isn't as entertaining as some other peoples so I kind of skip it and dont update! However today is a day for an update.

Weight wise I am exactly the same as two months or so ago when I decided to have the summer holidays off diet and go for maintaining. We had a fab summer - we made it up Ben Nevis (which was one of the reasons for starting this diet almost a year ago; having had an awful 2008 holiday trying to keep up with my three fit and very active daughters) so we're all feeling pretty chuffed with ourselves that we made it all the way to the summit. However, one thing that did shock me though was when I got the holiday pics back - there was one photo of me sitting on a rock at the foot of Ben Nevis where I had a photo taken last year - so I dug the photo from last summer out and compared them - well I can honestly admit to not having noticed quite how much weight I had visibly lost until I did this. Well I have been brave, very brave for me and have uploaded the pics into my album for anyone who has a strong stomach and is feeling brave themselves - be warned!

Am absolutely thrilled with the fact that I have maintained for the summer but now comes the time when I need to re-start and shift the final 14-21 lbs. Weigh in day will be saturdays as usual - so until Saturday ...

Wow

what an achievement - well done you - looking fab xx

Jax you look absolutely amazing - so pleased for you :) love you lots xxx

Wow jaxs .. amazing photos ! .... i bet you are thrilled ! ... i think its great to have a photo like that to keep ... :)

Well done, you look amazing! It makes you look so much younger too :) I'm really impressed you managed to maintain for 2 months, that's the hardest bit!

Thanks everyone - am slowly getting my head round the idea that I might look half way normal these days, especially as went back to work on Thursday and almost everyone commented on how much weight I'd lost and for the first time having seen the diffence in the pics from last year I had to kind of agree with them - dont normally know how to take compliments so it feels very strange!

Anyway WI was this morning and I've lost 2lbs - dont know how fast this last stone and a bit is gonna take to come off but well happy that I still managed 2lbs this week! Realistically though I know it is likely to slow down to a pound or so a week with quite a few STS as I get closer to goal so 2lbs down this week and I'm thrilled!

Hope everyone is doing well xxx

Hi Jax, you look amazing - very well done, you must be really proud of yourself. Those are some pretty impressive photos. Climing Ben Nevis sounds like one heck of an achievement too! I might add it to my 50 things to do before I'm 50 :)

Jax you're a real star you've done marvellously and look so slim. You will soon be at goal.

Welcome back to posting

M

Oh my goodness, your pictures are amazing!! You look so good!! What a difference! Hope you are keeping well angel xx

Hi Jax, you look amazing - very well done, you must be really proud of yourself. Those are some pretty impressive photos. Climing Ben Nevis sounds like one heck of an achievement too! I might add it to my 50 things to do before I'm 50 :)
Thanks Karen - Ben Nevis was quite an achievement and if you enjoy that kinda thing then I'd highly recommend it - bit hard on the knees though so beware!

Jax you're a real star you've done marvellously and look so slim. You will soon be at goal.

Welcome back to posting

M
Thanks M - I can't believe I could be as little as 9lbs off goal - still undecided whether to stop once in the 11's or to push on down to 11.5 - will see how I feel when I get there :)

Oh my goodness, your pictures are amazing!! You look so good!! What a difference! Hope you are keeping well angel xx
Thanx Jen, I'm doing good.

Another 2lbs down this week which I'm thrilled with as I fully expected a STS or at the very least for a smaller loss. Have stuck rigidly to my points but honestly thought my losses would slow down now that I'm closer to goal but delighted that they havent - well not yet anyhow, so all is good!

Life is a bit manic at the moment - back into full swing at work as well as starting a course on autism this week - every Friday for the next 10 weeks or so - which apparently involves loads of homework :confused: Also due to start my next Open University course at the beginning of October - think I might have bitten off more than I can chew but hey-ho am sure I'll juggle it all somehow.

Hopefully I'll manage to squeeze in some exercise as well as some desperately needed toning exercises - my tummy is worse than ever and I have the most hideous bat wings - thank heavens summer is over and I can cover up a bit more as it is not a pretty sight. So any quick and easy exercises that can be done and dusted in five mins a day gratefully received LOL.

I do promise to try and pop in as much as I can and catch up with peeps diaries as I fully admit that without this website I would never have stuck to this diet and I'd still be yo-yo'ing around the 19stone mark :eek:

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Big hugs to one and all xxx

You look almost unrecognisable from the woman I met in January in Glasgow - and (dare I say it) much younger too.

You have done soooo well, Jax. You have stuck to this plan through thick and thin (and thinner and thinner....)

I need some of your inspiration - I am going the wrong way at the moment! and can't get my head in gear at all....xxx

JAXXIIII!!!!! welcome back!!!! lolz
sorry i missed your comeback!! ive been away fasting and not doing much dieting at all!! YOU look amazing in ur picz!

catch up soon!
xx

You look almost unrecognisable from the woman I met in January in Glasgow - and (dare I say it) much younger too.

You have done soooo well, Jax. You have stuck to this plan through thick and thin (and thinner and thinner....)

I need some of your inspiration - I am going the wrong way at the moment! and can't get my head in gear at all....xxx
Aww hunny - big hugs - we all have our ups and downs - hope you get your head in the right place soon :hug99:
JAXXIIII!!!!! welcome back!!!! lolz
sorry i missed your comeback!! ive been away fasting and not doing much dieting at all!! YOU look amazing in ur picz!

catch up soon!
xx
Thanx :)

Well, its official - old habits die hard - had some bad news at work on Friday and have spent this weekend in an absolute downward spiral - far too much wine both last night and friday and comfort eating like my life depended on it - lost count how many chocolate bars I've devoured :eek:

I know I need to get a grip before I undo all my hard work but why is it when we're stressed we turn to food :confused:

Oh dear - sorry to hear of your bad news - we are all the same - turn to food/drink for comfort in times of stress (I do it to celebrate/comfort/happy/sad etc - any situation it seems ) - funny how thin people get thinner when they are stressed - hope you can back on the wagon soon enough - you have done brilliantly - try not to be too hard on yourself x

Oh dear - sorry to hear of your bad news - we are all the same - turn to food/drink for comfort in times of stress (I do it to celebrate/comfort/happy/sad etc - any situation it seems ) - funny how thin people get thinner when they are stressed - hope you can back on the wagon soon enough - you have done brilliantly - try not to be too hard on yourself x
Thanks hun, have to agree with you it certainly is wierd why thin peeps just stop eating when stressed and those of us who are fatties just binge and comfort eat lol and put even more padding on :mad: just not fair!

Anyways stresses are all gone now thank goodness - was a mini false alarm where I thought i'd be out of a job but all is good apart from the volume of food and alcohol consumed :eek:

Now just need to get my head around this ten week course work have sent me on and get a wiggle on with my OU course. On top of this I need to get my level 2 numeracy - didnt work very hard at maths at school and just scraped through with a CSE (I know many moons ago) which just isnt good enough. Managed to pass the online tests with 80% or above so was hoping I could just sit the official test at a test centre - but no everywhere I've tried want me to go on an evening course for 5 weeks before they let me anywhere near a test - dont think I can handle this on top of all my course homework and OU stuff so it's gonna have to sit on the back burner for a while me thinks.

Diet wise am desperately trying to claw some points back each day and earn some APs in a feeble attempt to limit the damage done at the weekend but am not counting on it being enough :confused: but I'll find out soon enough at WI on saturday.

Will try and get round some diaries later. Take care x

aww thats brilliant news about your job hun :D dont worry about the weekend its only one weekend and I think as long as you're back on your points there shouldnt be a need to save loads as its just another stress on top of all the others you have!

Is the numeracy test the same as what I have to sit to be able to be recommended for QTS? x

Morning

Good to hear that all is well now - sure you will easy put right the weekends eating - I can't save if I go wrong, I get too hungry - you've done so well before you will do soon enough xx

Hi Jax

Glad the tress is fading. Don't get wound up about the course just take it one day at a time. How about doing the 5 week thing when the OU are into downtime between Nov-Feb that should help. Or whenever your course downtime is, it gets confusing noe with more than one start date per year.

I'm sure you will cope with the food blip, getting back on track is the most important thing and you'll be fine

M

Back