Jelly Sweets the SW way

Taste good! I would love them to be sweeter though. Maybe add sweetener next time.

Attachments

• image-2309256435.jpg
    image-2309256435.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 1,528
graciebabes said:
I made these but they were all crystalised and gooey at the bottom, not nice :( Any ideas??

Well you need to make sure you mix them really well to get rid of the gooey. Maybe there wasn't enough water? Dis you add boiling water to the mixture? Did you follow the recipe by the original poster? Or adapt it?

I followed the recipe from the original post. I added boiling water as I don't think the original recipe specified hot or cold, but the jelly packet said boiling water.

I thought I'd mixed well enough, there were no bits in the jug when I was pouring it into the moulds. Oh well :(

I followed the recipe from the original post. I added boiling water as I don't think the original recipe specified hot or cold, but the jelly packet said boiling water.

I thought I'd mixed well enough, there were no bits in the jug when I was pouring it into the moulds. Oh well :(

I get that with normal jelly because our fridge is set too cold for it, you've gotta keep and eye on it and not leave them in the fridge too long :)
i am gonna get my ass to tesco and get the ingredients for some of these... Going to the cinema tomorrow and these would be very welcome :D

Made a batch of lemon and lime with lemonade, and strawberry ones and they were great, took them to the cinema today and they stopped me eating the concessions stand so was all good! Gonna made some more tonight!

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

These look well nice I'm going to make some tomorrow once I get the stuff.
With the ones with yogurt in them do you add it while the jelly is still hot? I really want to perfect it for our Xmas party next week. I love the sound of the fizzy ones so will be giving them a go

I am desperate to make these and have tried twice with both fails! I used two gelatine leafs the first time and three second with half pint of boiling water..the only thing i think i did wrong it used a weight wtchers small pack of jelly. Not sure on the grams. How much jelly. And is it the crystalised jelly? Then put in fridge??

Wow these are so nice esp the yougart ones. So very sweet just right. Bet my group will love these will have to make some more. Thanks for the tips and the lemonade ones are delicious to

Hi, I made these a few times when I was on sw before. I thought they would come out like Haribo but they do just come out like very set Jelly. They taste a bit like cubed jelly before you dissolve it!!

They are tasty though and satisfy a sweet craving.

Made these today, some with yoghurt some without. Could only find strawberry jelly packets - LOVED them!

I made these the other day and agree that they taste like raw jelly cubes, I'm going to have a bash a some of the variations - with yoghurt, fizzy and sour ones.
I was wondering though, would coke and gelatine work to make cola bottle type things or do you need the jelly to make it set properly?

I made these the other day and agree that they taste like raw jelly cubes, I'm going to have a bash a some of the variations - with yoghurt, fizzy and sour ones.
I was wondering though, would coke and gelatine work to make cola bottle type things or do you need the jelly to make it set properly?

I would love to know how they turn out x

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hello. I made these today following this recipie: From Miss to Mrs: Jelly Sweets, The Slimming World Way
I thought the molds were a cute idea so I got all my favourite moulds out and mixed up two lots of jelly and poured them in and left them to set for about 5 hours. The were set like jelly. But when I tried to take them out the mould they were all sticking to it. I didn't manage to get a single one out in one piece.

She said to use 6 leafs, there was 12 in the packet. so I used 6 for each batch, but I did expect them to be a little harder. They were definitely more chewy then jelly but not massively.

Does any one have any advice? I tried using hot water but that melted them & ruined the designs but didn't really help release them!

It's not that big of a deal but I really wanted them to look nice too!

Thank you! :D

Back