Jim 1: Channel 0. Now for the return match!

Sarah,

Do the Race for Life!!! :woohoo:

Abington Park 19th June 2011

It'll be my first time...gonna do it if I have to crawl lol!!!

You should be well fit after all that swimming...maybe you could go round twice...;)

I'm definitely going to do it, Dawn.
The question is, will I manage to run it all?
And - am I going to go for the 5k, or the 10k??
Which are you doing?

I just wanted to say that you've inspired me to start swimming again! It has taken me until yesterday to find a swim suit that fits and won't have too much of me wiggling about but I'm going back to the pool after the bank hol weekend! So thank you for being so positive, your determination makes me want to do it too!

Well done, Swadey!
That first foray back into a cozzie, and back into a pool takes some guts.
After that, it just takes slog. But you will reap benefits. I'm so much fitter!

I'm definitely going to do it, Dawn.
The question is, will I manage to run it all?
And - am I going to go for the 5k, or the 10k??
Which are you doing?

I'm doing the 5k...thought the 10k might be a step too far for me :eek:, having spent my entire life trying to avoid or get out of any physical activity :rolleyes: I did start the C25K running app a couple of weeks ago and quite enjoyed it until my knee started giving me real pain :mad: It's been over a week since it started and it's not any better :( I'm hoping that it will settle down in a week or two and then I shall start again.

It won't matter if you run, walk or crawl round the race for life...I was worried at first but having looked at their website I'm not at all concerned now. There will be mums pushing buggies, children, people walking with their dogs...such a mixture of ages and mobilities. I'm just going to make sure that firstly I finish it, and secondly that I enjoy it. I think the atmosphere will be very emotional though xx

Hi Sarah. I miss this thread.

Are you still visiting the pool or are you all swum......swimmed? out ???

Hope you are storing that Chateaux Margot properly lol.........

Ah, good morning, Sue.

Well, I am still swimming, but only about twice a week. And not pushing it so hard.
I might need to try a bit harder again, though, cos I feel that I'm slacking!
But because I'm running the Race for Life (well, when I say "running"....) I'm trying to go for a jog a couple of times a week as well. And I've started doing a spinning class.
It's nice to be able to do some more varied exercise, but I do miss the challenge of the swimming! A bit. Not enough to make myself do it again just quite yet, though!

And yes, your wine is lying in a rack in my cellar, ready to transfer the instant you're ready for it!

Hi Sarah,

Are u doing abington park on June 19th? Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Yup. I'll be there. How much of it I'll run is still very dubious.
But I'll do it!

There is no doubt about that Sarah you are our human terrier, so tenacious you never give up.

Back