Jim 1: Channel 0. Now for the return match!

Another mile & a quarter has bitten the dust this morning.

The pool's closed tomorrow, unfortunately, so I'm only going to get one more swim in before Easter. I should be able to do a reasonable length one on Saturday, but it will still leave me nearly 3 1/2 miles to go next week to get home. I'll do that. Not a problem. It would have been nice to get home for Easter, but it just proved not to be feasible in the end.

I'm soooooooo tired!

If anyone is entitled to be tired it is you.

Not far away from that meat !!!!

lots of hugs,xxx

They may well have done! Where do you actually work, on the days you're working, then?
I work in the oldest bit of the hospital, by the Billing Road entrance.

I'm in the ambulance liaison office in area K. Thru the doors and we got a little office immediately on the right. Only 5 mins from you!!! :D

I'm in the ambulance liaison office in area K. Thru the doors and we got a little office immediately on the right. Only 5 mins from you!!! :D

I might have to pop in some time!

I might have to pop in some time!

You do that hunni...let me know when you're about cos I'm there different days xx Might be off at some point cos Dad v ill in Cynthia Spencer but trying to keep working as normal atm xx

Afternoon all. Just letting you know I'm back in the sea.

I did, as promised, catch a passing ferry, to get me home for Easter. Which was good, and I enjoyed lots of MEAT!!!

But I caught another ferry back to where it picked me up, and started swimming again this morning. 80 more lengths knocked on the 'ead.
So I've now got just over 2 1/4 miles to go. That's 2 swims.

I have my curry booked for Friday night!
I'm not sure that the Château Margaux would really go well with a Chicken Sag Madras. I think it might be a little wasted on a meal which normally gets Cobra. So I'll save that for another auspicious occasion.
My one bottle, obviously. Sue gets hers. But only if she arrives at the right time to collect it: should be on the beach at around 8am on Thursday, Sue. Is that ok with you?

My one bottle, obviously. Sue gets hers. But only if she arrives at the right time to collect it: should be on the beach at around 8am on Thursday, Sue. Is that ok with you?

AHA !!!!! Please note dear friends, that our intrepid swimmer has conveniently forgotten to say which beach !!!!!! Sneaky, very sneaky !!!!

Too many meetings this morning: so I didn't get on here earlier.
However I did achieve my penultimate swim.

So - tomorrow I need to do just 80 lengths.
2 km.
1.25 miles.

And then I'll be home!

So look out for one more swimming post on here from me, and then this challenge will have bitten the dust.
And not a moment too soon. I am getting VERY bored of swimming up and down that blasted pool. Sorry. Channel.

Getting home is not nearly as exciting as getting to France, but it will be great to have done it!

So - I'll meet you on the beach, Sue? Otherwise I'm taking BOTH bottles home.

And then: Friday night is a celebratory curry. WITH meat. And poppadoms & naan. And beer.
And then I'll need to be exceptionally good until Tuesday, or they might take my lovely new shiny away from me!

Oh blimey.
Can't I have a rest????

I dunno.
I mean, all of this is working towards trekking in Nepal next year; and that's definitely a challenge. But I don't know if that's next, or whether there will be more challenges along the way.

I'm actually looking forward to being able to do more varied exercise, rather than just ploughing up & down the pool every morning.

I was thinking of trying to run the Race for Life: that would be a challenge.
Will that do?
For the moment, at least?

Too many meetings this morning: so I didn't get on here earlier.
However I did achieve my penultimate swim.

So - tomorrow I need to do just 80 lengths.
2 km.
1.25 miles.

And then I'll be home!

So look out for one more swimming post on here from me, and then this challenge will have bitten the dust.
And not a moment too soon. I am getting VERY bored of swimming up and down that blasted pool. Sorry. Channel.

Getting home is not nearly as exciting as getting to France, but it will be great to have done it!

So - I'll meet you on the beach, Sue? Otherwise I'm taking BOTH bottles home.

And then: Friday night is a celebratory curry. WITH meat. And poppadoms & naan. And beer.
And then I'll need to be exceptionally good until Tuesday, or they might take my lovely new shiny away from me!

I will miss this thread Sarah you have been amazing, so amazing you can have my bottle !!!!!! It has nothing to do with being swamped out with food preparation on Friday. Would hate you to think that.

Enjoy your curry. No one deserves it more.

Well, the thing is, Sue, I think, with the time you're having at the moment, you probably deserve it more than me.

But if you won't come over here and get it, I really don't think I've got the energy to swim with it to Spain!

Shall we compromise, and I'll meet you again in France when this is all over? I'll keep hold of both bottles, and we'll drink them together.
How would that be?

Well, the thing is, Sue, I think, with the time you're having at the moment, you probably deserve it more than me.

But if you won't come over here and get it, I really don't think I've got the energy to swim with it to Spain!

Shall we compromise, and I'll meet you again in France when this is all over? I'll keep hold of both bottles, and we'll drink them together.
How would that be?

I would love that and thank you so much for understanding just where I am at at the moment.

Sarah,

Do the Race for Life!!! :woohoo:

Abington Park 19th June 2011

It'll be my first time...gonna do it if I have to crawl lol!!!

You should be well fit after all that swimming...maybe you could go round twice...;)

I just wanted to say that you've inspired me to start swimming again! It has taken me until yesterday to find a swim suit that fits and won't have too much of me wiggling about but I'm going back to the pool after the bank hol weekend! So thank you for being so positive, your determination makes me want to do it too!

Well - that's it!

No welcoming party this time, though.
No special breakfast.
Just a totally knackered crawl up the beach, and home for a warm shower, and preferably to sleep for a week!

I'm very happy to have finished it. And I am going to have a celebratory curry - but not till tomorrow night.

So - 2,832 lengths swum.
Which is 70.8 km.
Or 44 miles.
And yes, it took me 3 swims beyond Easter, but, to be honest, I don't care!

So this is my second reason for celebration this week!

Wooo hooo! Go me!!!

Back