Jodi's Weight Loss Diary!

jodibbs

Okay so after reading a lot of weight loss diaries on here I thought I should start my own. I'm doing Slimming World, but because I'm doing it at home and not going to group I need all the cheering on I can get from here! I'm currently 14st 3lb (I lost 2lb in my first 5 days! Started on 13/06/2014) and my goal weight is 11st 0lb. I know this weight is still considered 'overweight' for my height of 5ft 4 but I feel that this is a healthy weight for ME (I've was 11st about 4 years ago) so that's what I'm going for :) thank you in advance for everyone's support.. and for reading my ramblings!

So my food diary for today is:

Breakfast
Melon, pineapple, strawberries, banana and 35g of 50% fruit muesli

Snack 1
Carrot sticks

Lunch

Salmon with lettuce, tomatoes, spring onions, cucumber, beetroot, and two hard boiled eggs

Snack 2
Blueberries and apple

Dinner
Shepherds pie made with Quorn mince, tinned tomatoes, garlic, herbs, mushrooms, onion and new potatoes. Broccoli and green beans on the side.

I'm pretty new to Slimming World so let me know if I'm going wrong anywhere! I know for your Healthy Extras you are allowed bread and dairy etc. but I don't really eat bread on a regular basis (maybe twice a month) and the same with dairy except for skimmed milk in my tea. I'm also not a fan of crisps, but a huge sweet-a-holic so I'm totally cutting myself off from sugar as I know if I have chocolate as a snack every now and then I'll go crazy and scoff 5 bags of Malteasers in 10 seconds haha! So it's kind of Success Express that I'm doing... not really sure as the syn counting confuses me a bit.. but yeah I'm rambling now so yeah thanks! :)

Forgot to weigh myself this morning like a doughnut... so gonna have to weigh in tomorrow morning instead.. hopefully I've lost a bit more weight! Fingers crossed....

Today's food diary is:

Breakfast:
Pineapple, banana and 35g of 50% fruit muesli

Snack 1:
Carrot sticks

Lunch:
Tuna chunks, fat free vinaigrette, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red and yellow pepper.

Snack 2:
Strawberries and 1 apple

Dinner:
'Innocent' Thai Green Curry pot (not quite sure how many syns this is, but because I haven't used any today I thought it would be okay!), with added lean turkey breast, courgette, spring onions, broccoli, onion, garlic and spinach. Then a whole mango for dessert if I can fit it in!

I also drink at least 1.5ltrs of water per day, as well as peppermint green tea :)

Well unfortunately the weekend was a bit of a write off! I started out okay.. but then failed on Sunday!

Saturday
Breakfast
Smoothie made with frozen berries, a banana and soy milk

Lunch
Home made stew made with new potatoes, carrot, mushrooms, onions, broccoli, chopped tomatoes, herbs and stock.

Dinner
Chicken breast with 1/2 pack of pilau rice, 1 slice of garlic bread and salad made with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, green pepper, red pepper, grated carrot and cucumber

Dessert
1 Smarties ice cream

Sunday
Breakfast
1 apple, 1 banana and 2 satsumas

Lunch
A cheese and ham toastie on white bread

Dinner
King prawn chow mien and 3 sweet and sour chicken balls (I went to my nans for dinner with the whole family and she treated us to chinese takeaway... I couldn't resist! :( )

But I've woken up this morning determined as ever and I'm back on it 100%!!

Today's food diary

Breakfast
Pineapple, banana and strawberries

Snack 1
Carrot sticks

Lunch
Tuna chunks, lettuce, tomato, cucumber with fat free vinaigrette

Snack 2
Blueberries and cherries

Dinner
Innocent veggie chilli pot, then added courgettes, bean shoots, broccoli, chopped tomatoes, onions, garlic, herbs, mushrooms and spinach.

Today's food diary!

Breakfast:
Pineapple, strawberries and banana

Snack 1:

Carrot sticks

Lunch:
1/2 pack roasted veg cous cous from Aldi, lettuce, tomato and cucumber with fat free vinaigrette

Snack 2:

Cherries and blueberries

Dinner:
Home made stew made with new potatoes, carrot, mushrooms, onions, broccoli, chopped tomatoes, herbs and stock.

I feel like my meals can get a bit repetitive but I love them so much I don't feel the need to change them! I could eat my home made stew everyday quite easily lol :)

Cheated a bit today and had a couple of slices of Warburtons fruit loaf... only 88 calories a slice so I didn't feel too bad about it and I don't usually have bread so this is kind of my HEXB and syns??? Trying to tell myself it was okay lol!

Breakfast:
Pineapple, banana, strawberries and 35g 50% fruit muesli. A blueberry 0% fat yoghurt and 2 slices Warburtons fruit loaf (went a bit over board this morning!)

Snack 1:
Carrot sticks

Lunch:
1/2 pack roasted veg cous cous from Aldi, lettuce, tomato and cucumber with fat free vinaigrette

Snack 2:
Blueberries, cherries and an apricot

Dinner:
Stir fry made with Quorn chicken pieces, Frylight, courgettes, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, onions, garlic, 1 portion Blue Dragon wholewheat noodles and soy sauce. Honeydew melon for dessert if I have room!

I had a bit of a funny tummy last night... and woke up this morning starving! (hence the big breakfast) and thankfully I feel a bit better today. I'm wondering if I'm not eating enough fibre/carbs like pasta and grains etc. as most of what I eat is like 90% fruit and veg. Might have to start taking some vitamin tablets..

I'm craving sugar really bad this week but trying to resist and only eating fruit instead... might treat myself to an Options hot chocolate later if I'm really desperate!

Breakfast:
Pineapple, strawberries, banana

Snack 1:
Cucumber and carrot sticks

Lunch:
Steamed salmon, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, spring onion, beetroot, celery, a bit of grated cheese and one of my nans home made bread rolls

Snack 2:
Blueberries and apricots

Dinner:
Omelette with mushrooms, ham, pepper, tomatoes, garlic and onions.

I also weighed myself this morning and I've gained 2 1/2 lbs... I'm putting this down to water retention because I got my period today (sorry tmi!) so that's why I weigh more... gonna stick at it though so next week hopefully I'll see a big loss :)

Last edited:
Breakfast:
Pineapple, banana and 35g 50% fruit muesli

Snack 1:
Carrot sticks

Lunch:
Ham, lettuce, tomato and cucumber salad

Snack 2:
Apricots and apple slices

Dinner:
Seasoned chicken breasts and roasted veg - sweet potatoes, red onion, mushrooms, courgettes, carrots, tomatoes, garlic. Then honeydew melon for dessert.

Someone also bought me a Gingerbread Latte from Costa as a Friday treat... and I couldn't say no! I'm counting this as 10 syns, and seeing as I haven't had any other syns today I think this is okay! (yes I am trying to convince myself lol)

Okay so I was quite bad at the weekend.... regretting it at the moment but it was sooooo good at the time! No idea how many syns were in what I ate... but seeing as I don't usually use them during the week I feel a bit better about it.... here goes

Saturday
Breakfast
Didn't have any!

Lunch
Boots meal deal - chorizo wrap, blueberry nougat bar and 'Naked' green machine smoothie

Dinner
Spag bol - 30g pasta, Quorn mine, mushrooms, onions, herbs, stock, chopped tomatoes

Snacks
I made a orange cake so I had a slice of that (it was a tiny slice though!) and I also made banana muffins... which I also had one of. I also had a small glass of white wine.

Sunday
Breakfast
Honeydew melon and a banana muffin

Lunch
Leftovers from Saturday night (my mum had a small get together). This consisted of 1 slice of garlic bread, some sweet chilli prawns, two small cheese and bacon jacket potato skins, two spring rolls

Dinner
Home made pizza! I made the dough from scratch then added tomato puree, pepperoni, jalapenos, onions, pepper, chilli and mozzarella (About a 11 inch pizza shared half and half with my boyfriend)

Snacks
I crumbled at about 9pm and went to the shop a bought a bag of crispy M&Ms and a bag of Galaxy bites which I shared with my boyfriend...

Straight back on the diet this week (Weekends always seem to let me down!) :(

Breakfast
Strawberries, pineapple and banana

Snack 1
Carrot sticks

Lunch
Tuna flakes, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, peppers and red onion

Snack 2
Blueberries and apricots

Dinner
Shepherds pie made with Quorn mince, chopped tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms, onions, herbs and new potatoes with broccoli on the side.

So my food today is exactly the same as yesterday!

Breakfast
Strawberries, pineapple and banana

Snack 1
Carrot sticks

Lunch
Tuna flakes, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, peppers and red onion

Snack 2
Blueberries and apricots

Dinner
Shepherds pie made with Quorn mince, chopped tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms, onions, herbs and new potatoes with broccoli on the side.

Been a good girl today!!!

Breakfast

Snack 1
Carrot sticks

Lunch
Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and spring onion with fat free vinaigrette

Snack 2
Apricots and blueberries

Dinner
Home made stew with new potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, onions, chopped tomatoes, herbs and stock

I feel really good about today :) woo!

Doing good jodibs. We are at simular weights and both want to hit 11st. I also feel comfortable at this weight :)

Thank you :) I've been pretty good this week and I'm weighing myself tomorrow morning, so hopefully I've had a good loss! :)

Food diary for today...

Breakfast

Snack 1
Carrot stick

Lunch
Home made tomato soup with tomatoes, stock and herbs. 1 home made bread roll

Snack 2

Apricots and blueberries

Dinner
Stir fry made with Quorn chicken style pieces, 1 Blue Dragon wholewheat noodle nest, mushrooms, spring onions, peppers, courgettes, garlic and soy sauce

I'm also meeting a friend at Starbucks tonight for a catch up... I usually have a large cappuccino but I'm not sure how many syns this is??? Might have to get something more healthy!

Happy Friday everyone! The good weather has put me in a positive mood :D

Breakfast

Snack 1
Carrot sticks

Lunch

Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, spring onion

Snack 2
Apricots and cherries

Dinner
Slimming World Lasagne (looking forward to making this tonight!)

Missed my weigh in this morning because I stayed at my boyfriends last night, and I refuse to use anyone else's scales! Going to weigh myself tomorrow morning instead :) I'm feeling positive and I've been good this week so I'm hoping I've had a good loss! Fingers crossed!

Wow! I went AWOL last week because I was off work, and didn't think to update this while I was off. I was surprisingly well behaved last week, and because I don't really eat much when I'm at home (doing nothing), what I did eat was very healthy :) pretty much what I would usually eat in a week of my food diary but without lunch and 1 less snack really. Because of this I lost 2lb last week which I'm very happy with :) and I'm continuing the healthy eating this week and feeling very positive about it! (even if I am back at work :( )

Breakfast:
Melon, pineapple and banana

Snack 1:
Carrot sticks

Lunch:
Tuna flakes, cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce

Snack 2:
Apricots and blueberries

Dinner:
Roast dinner that I didn't eat yesterday! Chicken breast, 2 roast potatoes, broccoli, carrots, sweetcorn, peas and gravy.

Today's food diary :)

Breakfast
Pineapple and banana

Snack 1
Carrots

Lunch
Tuna flakes, cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce

Snack 2
Apricots and blueberries

Dinner
Stir fry with Quorn, beanshoots, courgette, mushrooms, red onion, spring onion, garlic, red pepper, green pepper, soy sauce and leftover Singapore noodles.

I feel like I need to mix up my snacks and breakfast as I'm getting a bit bored of them now... but not too sure what I fancy. Maybe melon and grapes... but I think because that's mostly water it's not going to fill me up as much. Might start having 'overnight oats' to give me a kick start in the morning, especially as I'm planning to start cycling to work :)

I tried making 'overnight oats' for my breakfast... and I've gotta say, I love them! Although I haven't really been sticking to plan this week.. but still eating healthily (if that makes sense?)

Tuesday's food:

Breakfast
Pineapple and banana

Snack 1
Carrot sticks

Lunch
Tuna flakes, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and Kraft fat free french dressing

Snack 2
Apricots and blueberries

Dinner
Tescos Meat Free range; 1 mexican bean burger and 1 sweet potato (?) burger. Singapore noodles, with chilli paste and a dash of sweet chilli sauce, courgettes, mushroom, peppers and onions. (This was super yummy!!)

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast
Overnight oats with 35g porridge oats, Onken mango and apple fat free yoghurt, apricots, pineapple and bananas

Snack 1
Carrot sticks

Lunch
Tuna flakes, 2 hard boiled eggs, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber

Snack 2
Apricots and blueberries

Dinner
My boyfriend made chicken and pasta (which is my favourite meal he makes!) Chicken pieces seasoned with herbs, pepper, garlic, with pasta in tomato pasta sauce with a sprinkling of cheese. I ate waaay too much of this! Pasta is my ultimate weakness and I haven't had it in so long I couldn't help but over indulge.

I also had a Tesco caramel chocolate ice cream with lunch! (oops!)

Today's food diary

Breakfast
Overnight oats with 35g porridge oats, Onken mango and apple fat free yoghurt, blueberries, pineapple and bananas

Snack 1
Carrot sticks

Lunch
Tuna flakes, cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce, peppers and Kraft fat free french dressing

Snack 2
Apricots and blueberries

Dinner
Stir fry with 1 Blue Dragon wholewheat noodle nest, soy sauce, Quorn chicken style pieces, garlic, courgette, mushrooms, peppers and onion.

I'm really not expecting a loss at all this week if I'm honest! Feeling a bit disheartened :( but must keep plodding along!

Back