Joe wicks isn’t working... going back to SW!

MsSirius_Lupin

Hey alll, I'm new here.

For the last two months I have been doing to 90 days plan by Joe Wicks. Now here's where it gets confusing so bare with me.

I joined the plan because I wanted to lose 2.5st and get at 9st. And I've actually gained weight since starting the plan and I'm not liking at one bit, apart from that food and workouts.

But...here's my problem, I really want to go back to slimming world. I originally joined in '13 at 10 st 2. And then got to target, went on holiday 3 years later and put 4lb back in and it went up from there. So I tried WW and that didn't work. So here I am almost 7 years later STILL trying to get to 9st.
I’ve been told in the last two months that “it (weight) shouldn’t matter anymore”. “I’m pre diabetic and I don’t worry anymore”

yeah well I do. And always will worry about my health and weight. I’m not happy and feel fat. All the time

In those 7 years I've only recently become pre diabetic, relating to my weight. Which is the main reason why I wanted to do the 90 day plan because I thought it might be different. And I'm utterly disappointed and I'm only finishing it off because it's a waste of money otherwise.

I've even re downloaded the Slimming world app and I'm ready to start my journey when the Joe Wicks plan is over. I miss the groups etc.

I just need to helpful and kind advice. Nothing mean or horrible please as I'm already depressed enough as it is.

Should I stick it out and see what my end result is or go to slimming world (which I know works for me weight loss wise
Amanda x

Hi Amanda,
Welcome! I've had much more success with SW and using minimins than I did with just sw. It's a very supportive platform and there is a mixture of people who are attending a formal group and going it alone.
I've not tried Joe Wicks so I'm not sure what it's like for weight loss over fitness.
One thing I would say is well done for ignoring the advise re you're pre-diabetic so weight loss doesn't matter - it absolutely does and if you do become diabetic, being a healthy weight will lessen any complications. You're going the right thing and making a positive change to your life so that's great 👏👏

Was there any change to your shape/measurements on Joe Wicks?
With Joe you build muscle so weight doesn't really come in to it.

Hey alll, I'm new here.

For the last two months I have been doing to 90 days plan by Joe Wicks. Now here's where it gets confusing so bare with me.

I joined the plan because I wanted to lose 2.5st and get at 9st. And I've actually gained weight since starting the plan and I'm not liking at one bit, apart from that food and workouts.

But...here's my problem, I really want to go back to slimming world. I originally joined in '13 at 10 st 2. And then got to target, went on holiday 3 years later and put 4lb back in and it went up from there. So I tried WW and that didn't work. So here I am almost 7 years later STILL trying to get to 9st.
I’ve been told in the last two months that “it (weight) shouldn’t matter anymore”. “I’m pre diabetic and I don’t worry anymore”

yeah well I do. And always will worry about my health and weight. I’m not happy and feel fat. All the time

In those 7 years I've only recently become pre diabetic, relating to my weight. Which is the main reason why I wanted to do the 90 day plan because I thought it might be different. And I'm utterly disappointed and I'm only finishing it off because it's a waste of money otherwise.

I've even re downloaded the Slimming world app and I'm ready to start my journey when the Joe Wicks plan is over. I miss the groups etc.

I just need to helpful and kind advice. Nothing mean or horrible please as I'm already depressed enough as it is.

Should I stick it out and see what my end result is or go to slimming world (which I know works for me weight loss wise
Amanda x
Personally i would ditch the Joe Wicks if you are gaining on it. Better to loose ££££s than to gain pounds. Its a false economy anyway as you will have to spend extra money at S.W. just to loose the weight you are gaininging right now. Its sometimes good to just own up and say well that was a waste of money, then just move on and forget about it. I'm exactly like you. I know SW works for me if I work at sticking to it. I have gaind well over a stone during lockdown and now can barely walk for pains in my knees. So I'm going to just bite the bullet and rejoin SW again. Its the only plan that works for me. Good luck with your weight loss plan. You sound motivated, and we can do it together this time.

Was there any change to your shape/measurements on Joe Wicks?
With Joe you build muscle so weight doesn't really come in to it.

I was interested in this too.

We often become too obsessed with what the scales say when it's more about how we feel. I try not to go on the scales anymore.

I have got a full copy of Joe Wicks plan though, it's not one for me! The exercise bit looks quite fun but the food just wouldn't work. It would cost a small fortune to buy in all the small ingredients he uses that not many households would tend to buy anyway. He also promotes a lot of shakes as an easy alternative and I really can't be doing with shakes, I want to eat something!

I am roughly the same weight now as I was a couple of years ago. The difference now is I have gone up a size as I don't exercise as much as I use to.
I know I am more flabby now and have no real shape like I use to.:(
I keep saying I need to get back on it. So I should really.:)

I exercise daily when I'm on it properly. Tues-Fri 1 mile of walking doing the school run to and from. 7 days a week a minimum of an hour on the bike which is usually 18-21 miles depending on the hills I have to try and hit. The past 4 days I've done 90-110mins a day to hit 50k (31.1m).

My weight has gone up due to a stupid 4 week binge during lockdown but it's quickly gone back down some of that and I'm feeling much healthier for it. The thing with the two diets here though are SW doesn't really require much exercise, just a casual daily bit will do it and your cutting out of sugars and fats should see you lose if you're able to control your portion sizes. The Joe Wicks one however has lots of healthy fats included and if you're not doing his exercises and pushing yourself then you will probably gain weight. I'm not a fan of his meals though, lots of flavour in many but the portion sizes are small for me. I prefer the SW method where you can have bigger meals and cut out more of the fatier foods.

I still try and adopt his "stay off the sad step" and try not to hit the scales much. Weighing once a month max is far better for me, you don't kick yourself as much with the weekly fluctuations. Working really hard all week and losing 1lb hurts, working hard all week and then feeling good about yourself doing that pushes you on to do it a following week without worrying what weight you may or may not have lost though.

I done Paleo back in 2012 for 6 months to lose my weight. And since then when I am on it I follow Primal. Primal is better for my health problems.....

I find if I have any bread or sweet thing which I shouldn't eat then it puts me on a 'binge'. I will eat it until my mind says that is enough you know it isn't doing you any good. Some people can eat it and have control.

I love exercising but don't push myself to do it every day. I just do it when I fancy doing it.

I done Paleo back in 2012 for 6 months to lose my weight. And since then when I am on it I follow Primal. Primal is better for my health problems.....

I find if I have any bread or sweet thing which I shouldn't eat then it puts me on a 'binge'. I will eat it until my mind says that is enough you know it isn't doing you any good. Some people can eat it and have control.

I love exercising but don't push myself to do it every day. I just do it when I fancy doing it.

I know that feeling with the binge. I eat one biscuit and the next thing I know the packet has gone, my head then says I've ballsed up today so why not just go for some crisps and chocolate, come the end of the day I will have consumed a good 5000+ calories of absolute junk for no reason other than punishing myself for one mistake.

It's the mental side with eating which I struggle with usually. I have to keep telling myself that food is a necessity and not a treat.

Back