Extra Easy Joes Products are they good??

nikki299

Does anyone buy sausages etc from joes?
I really want to try some of the sausages , burgers, grill sticks and the peppered chicken/beef steaks and the hot and spicy chicken steaks but as i live in inverness i have to order a minimum of 12 packs,so don't want to be stuck with a load of stuff which isn't that nice.
Can anybody tell me what is good and is there any products i should avoid?
Cheers!!

Hi guys , sorry i haven't tried them yet, but meaning to soon, i take it you have to buy in bulk. I will need to check out their webby x

I have tried the sausages and burgers, don't think I'll order them again. I found the sausages were ok but just not to my taste, we also found the burgers a bit tough. In fact the they actually tasted better cold rather than when first cooked. I prefer the Sainsbury's Extra lean cumberland sausages much better in taste and texture, they are 1/2 syn each but worth if in my opinion & £1.99 a pack rather than the £3 odd from Joe's.

Cheers for that, Don't know if i'll bother now, the stuff is rather expensive if it's not that great. What sort of texture do the sausages have?
Has anyone tried the grill sticks or the peppered /beef chickensteaks?

I lurve joe's stuff - fave is the hot n spicy chicken - great in stir fries :)

They have got a lot of flavour but do definately have a different texture to "normal" meat products....but they are worth it...

we either stock the freezer up and do a big order or I ask around at class if anyone wants to club together and order that way...our consultant puts orders in regularly too....

they are lovely for bbq's - I wouldn't say they taste like a normal burger but with a wholemeal roll (hex b) at least I can join in with the rest of the family!

do you have a morrisons near you their diet eat smart pork sausages are free on red and ee and are nice

I ADORE the peppered pork steaks. They are delish!!! I also like the sausagemeat and use it for quiches, etc. I cut the roll in half and then freeze it so I have just the right amount ready for doing a quiche.

I was thinking about getting the sausage meat for making scotch eggs, one of my fav things!!

I think i might order 12 different items when i get paid on thursday, i'm sure i will like some of them. The only thing worrying me now is a couple of people have mentioned the different texture of the burgers and sausages, what is different about it?? Are they just a bit dry like other diet sausages etc, as i could always casserrole them or make an onion gravy or something to counter that.

I was thinking about getting the sausage meat for making scotch eggs, one of my fav things!!

I think i might order 12 different items when i get paid on thursday, i'm sure i will like some of them. The only thing worrying me now is a couple of people have mentioned the different texture of the burgers and sausages, what is different about it?? Are they just a bit dry like other diet sausages etc, as i could always casserrole them or make an onion gravy or something to counter that.

I thought the burgers had quite a rubbery texture too them and for me the sausages were a bit rubbery too and lacking in flavour. I have only tried the burgers & sausages though and I know they do sell other items which might be better.

I found the cumberland sausages and the pork & chilli burgers were the favourite in our house. I find the other sausages a bit dry but I also think for free food they hit the mark, I also found that they dont need as much cooking as normal ones :)

Now mum has a new freezer we are going to do another order and this time try the flavoured meats :)

Thanks for all your opinions, i am going to take the plunge and order next week ,probably on thursday. I'll let you know what i order and if it's nice or not when i get it. xx

I have ordered from them twice now. The burger and sausages are not as nice as the other products that they do. My fave is the peppered beef and chinese chicken steaks they are lovely.

Back