Joining Slimming World

Mary Jane

Hi All,

I am wanting to join slimming world but I want to do it online as finding time to go to the meeting is not really possible for me.

My friends who have gone to the groups have received books with lists of food in them etc.

When looking to join online which balances out to be the same price as going to a group bar a one off £5.00 extra charge to the group joining. If I do the bronze online joining I don't get any books in with it where as if I went to a club I would.

Is it a must to have these books or am I fine without them? I just want to make sure as joining online you have to pay £60 up front.

Any help would be appreciated X

Personally I think you be better spending your money to join a group, even just for the first week.
You need the books as they're like your bible for the plan, and if you go to class you'll get uptodate copies, and an official explanation of how to follow the plan. :) other people may be of a different opinion but I think that's the best idea :) good luck whatever you decide :) x

Ah thank you. I know the group does seem better as my friend looked like she got all the online stuff with it too! Just really strange why they wouldnt do the books online too or give you the info.

Will see if there is a group I can get to.

Thank you x

Awww I just looked and the group near me is through the day. argghhh don't know what to do. Are the books expensive to buy? I dont want to join online if Im going to be stuck wondering what to do with certain areas.

The best option for online membership is the Silver one. it is a little more expensive but you get a year's subscription to the magazine which makes it more cost effective. You still don't get the books (you need to go Gold for that) but you get all the info you need in pdf form :)

Join a group just for week one and get the books! If you can make it before the 17th, buy reveal magazine and cut out the coupon and then your first week is £4.95 - you then get all the books, a feel for your group and an explanation from a consultant as to how the plan works and can ask as many questions as you need to! You can then join online after if you need to.

Personally i need the group, really like the accuracy of the group scales and the ideas in image therapy!

Just a thought............

Back