Joining tonight..absolutely terrified.

slayervixen82

I'm going to my first SW class tonight and I'm scared. I don't know what to expect and I think I'm also scared because I really want to succeed.

Can anyone shed any light on what happens? Thank you in advance.:)

Don't be scared, it's really friendly and everybody is there for the same reason. Remember even the consultant and the target members have been where you are and know how you're feeling.

You will be welcomed by the consultant and taken over to a table to fill in a registration form. Whilst the other members of the group get weighed you and any other new members will receive a new member talk where you will have the plan explained to you. This takes about 30 mins. Image therapy then happens where you all sit in a horseshoe and the consultant goes over any new news. My consultant then goes around the group discussing individuals loss/gain and how their week has gone. This is when other members can also give ideas if you're struggling or you can share any new recipes with the group. Once everybody has had a turn my consultant does the raffle.

Good luck on your journey. Slimming world has changed my life and has allowed me to diet, eating the same as my family and my daughters never seeing me starve myself to lose weight.

Thanks so much for your reply. I've lost alot of weight in the past but am really struggling with the last little milestones.

I think this is the boot up the bum that I need and you sound like you've really been loving the experience.

I love slimming world, I had a 4 month break this year and rejoined 3 weeks ago as I had put on 7lbs. That's off now and I really want target by Xmas. What did you do to lose weight before?

I just cut down on carbs and exercised alot but I have now reached a plateau and have had alot of stuff going on in my life. So I think it's time to try something like SW. I feel I'd benefit more in the long run.

Just back from my first meeting the group and leader were fab. I feel like utter mince though....the weight I am has really shocked me.

Sorry for being a negative nelly. It was really overwhelming last night. I've gone shopping this morning for a few basics and feel alot better :)

Sorry for being a negative nelly. It was really overwhelming last night. I've gone shopping this morning for a few basics and feel alot better :)

Keep plodding on vixen, we're all here for the same reason..TO LOSE WEIGHT.... We are a friendly bunch, we try to help each other with ideas etc.....YOU CAN DO IT.......GOOD LUCK.... xx

Yeah, I know how you feel. I usually avoid the scales after 9am so weighing in the evening was a new low (or high) for me :( But so far I am loving it, have ha a week off though for birthday celebrations, but that ends tonight. Witht he help of your group, your will power and this forum we can do it!

I have found that it really pays off to be prepared, make extra big meals in the evening so you can freeze the extra for a quick meal in a rush or take for lunch- it's when I'm unprepared and in a rush that I fall down.

Just look on it as being the start of a journey - you'll make plenty of friends along the way - and it could be fun
Good luck with your goals

Back