Jonsgirl's Atkins daily blah blah

Hi ladies,

not much to report here today - other than the fact I managed to get my size 16 skinny jeans on and fastened! Whoop whoop! Also nearly lost my wedding ring as my fingers have slimmed down - oops, not so good!

Went to Morrisons and Aldi today to get a few bits - we've only got a tesco's here and I get fed up of it after a while. Bought a few nice bits and pieces from Aldi including some yummy looking piri piri chicken breasts - only 0.1 g of carbs and some yummy cooked meats and bratwursts - nom nom nom!

went to morrisons cafe for lunch and i had a half roast chicken salad which was lovely but I only managed about a third of it as I don't seem to have much appetite at the moment.

Found a recipe for chicken baked in mayo, Parmesan and garlic which looks fab so I think I might give that a go tonight.

So my menu for today will be:

b: black coffee with one sweetner.
l: roast chicken salad.
d: chicken baked in mayo, garlic and Parmesan. Cauli mash. Sf jelly and cream.

happy Saturday ladies! Xx

Morning all,

not much on the agenda today - maybe some more decorating and my mum will probably pop round for a coffee later - bet you're all soooooo jealous of my crazy rock n roll lifestyle lol.

Last night I cooked chicken in mayo, Parmesan and garlic - oh my goodness how have I never found this recipe before it was amazing! Served it with some cauli rice and then had a last minute brainwave and tried to make some low carb onion rings as I had found a recipe. They worked really well ( only had 4 small ones but I missed onion rings so much that it was enough) I thought the batter might work well for other things so I might try experimenting with making some fish and chips later in the week.

Anyway later I fancied something to chew on and I found an old Atkins bar that has been in my cupboard for ages. It was still in date so I thought I would treat myself since it was the weekend ( they've never stalled me or anything so there is no problem there ) - but bleurgh how do people seriously eat these things it was disgusting - I managed a quarter before the rest went in the bin. The strange thing is - the last time I did Atkins I used to eat them quite regularly and enjoyed them. I think my taste buds must have changed since then - very odd

so today I think will be fairly clean and green - I bought a large turkey breast joint yesterday that I'm going to roast for tea - might split open a couple of low carb sausages and make some stuffing too.

Todays menu will be:

b: black coffee with one sweetner.
l: hmmm not decided maybe bacon and eggs.
d: turkey roast dinner.

have a great Sunday ladies whatever you are doing xx

Glad you found & like the chick mayo parmesan recipe - it's my absolute favourite. You can also serve it for dinner parties - everyone raves about it:D

Ref the atkins bars - agree your tastebuds change and they are totally inedible now:eek:
X

Hi ladies,

not much to report here today - other than the fact I managed to get my size 16 skinny jeans on and fastened! Whoop whoop!

Congrats on getting into those jeans! It's such a fantastic feeling and so motivational to get back into clothes you used to wear. I have a whole range of clothes in different sizes going back about 5 years that I progressively got too big to fit into. I'm looking forward to rediscovering some old favourites when I've lost a bit more weight. x

Ooooo yes I've got all sorts of clothes in vacuum bags under the bed that I can't fit into at the moment. Back in the days when i was young and stupid before responsibility and kids came along I used to spend 90% of my money on clothes and I've got some lovely stuff ( especially shoes- my feet gained weight along with my body so all my size 5 shoes are too small - I'm now a size 7 - eek!)

cant wait to wear it all again x

Well done on the jeans!!!!! I must try that Parmesan chicken recipe, I have only read positive reviews on people diaries about it x

Meg, it was sooooo nice - I expected it to taste of mayo but it tasted like a creamy, cheesy garlic sauce.

my hubby loved it and he hates mayo with a passion.

Hi all,

well today has been amazing! Work wise I had a really good result for a client and managed to make a huge positive difference to his life. I had put in a lot of hard work with him and it really paid off so I am absolutely thrilled!

When I got back to the office I had a message from my manager. Someone else I have been working with had e mailed her saying that i was great at my job and a pleasure to work with and she thought I should know about it. How great is that? I can't believe how such a little thing has made me so happy.

So, after finishing work I decided that a celebration was in order so I raided the cupboards..and ended up making ..........

PIE!!!!! Chicken bacon and mushroom pie to be exact nom nom nom!

dont worry I haven't succumbed to the carb beast this pie is 100% legal and the pastry is a recipe I have been meaning to try for a while. Very nice it was too - the pastry was yummy not exactly like normal pastry but close enough for me.

Suitably stuffed i'm now settled down on the sofa with a nice coke zero and going to catch up on all the diaries.

Perfect end to an almost perfect day :D

hope you've all had a nice day ladies xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    956 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    850.3 KB · Views: 76
Fallen in love with the pie!!!

Well done in being very super at your job x it goes to show giving a little extra goes a long way x

Lol meg not exactly very super but I've not been doing it long and i'm still lacking in confidence so it's good to know I'm doing ok xx

Pie recipe:

For pastry:

60g coconut flour
160g flax meal
180g cream cheese
60g butter, softened
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sweetner
1/2 tsp baking powder.
an egg.
a little water if needed.

beat cream cheese and butter until well combined.
In a seperate bowl mix all of the dry ingredients together.
Add dry ingredients to cream cheese mixture and beat again until well combined.
add beaten egg a little at a time mixing until a stiff dough is formed ( if the egg is not enough to bind it together may need to add a little water too until you get the right consistency.)

take about half the mixture and roll out between two sheets of grease proof paper.

i calculated the whole pastry recipe to be 19g of carbs but it makes a large amount. I made a large pie (enough for 4 people), 8 reasonable sized pasties and still had a bit left over. Unused dough will keep in the fridge wrapped in cling film for a couple of days but allow to return to room temp before using otherwise it crumbles.

For filling you could use anything - I did chicken, bacon and mushroom cooked in bullion stock and garlic. I thickened it up with a little cream at the end and it was lovely.

put filling in dish - cover with pastry - brush with beaten egg and whack in the oven at 200c for about 15 mins or until golden.

Holland and Barrett - it's about £6 for a big bag but they are doing buy one get one half price at the moment x

Hey Jonsgirl, popping by to subscribe to your diary, sounds like you haven't lost your Atkins touch, you're doing really well and on target. I have similar incentives to lose weight I want a baby - been trying for a couple of years now. Been offered fertility drugs in the new year if I can reduce my BMI. Not being considered for IVF though as consultant said "you need a BMI under 30 and lets be honest, that's not going to happen now is it." Anyway, looking forward to keeping up with your diary Lisa-Ann xx

It's not a little thing at all - it's fabulous - and well deserved!

That looks LUSH!!!! Recipe please pretty please!

Thanks Susie,

for recipe:

^^^ see above lol. ( post number 94 )

Hi Lisa-Ann,

thanks for popping by,

that is a horrible thing for the consultant to say - i really hope you can prove him wrong!

It's annoying that these doctors have so much control over our lives and can just make the decision as to whether we are allowed to have a baby or not!

At least we have some excellent motivation to succeed. I look forward to following your progress x

Back