Jonsgirl's Atkins daily blah blah

At least I now have three clear weeks to hit it hard before the next party invite - here's to three weeks of solid clean and green!!! Xx

Just reading through your diary Hun x I can understand how you feel about the cake!!! But I have to be honest I did giggle when you said your husband had asked to take pics xxx I think he is fab!!! And a total man about these things x your cake will be so much better as you made it for your son with love care and attention and I bet he will be so thrilled!! X

Hey JG sorry to hear about your disaster day out of town. I'm sure you'll make it back up in the 3weeks xx

No wonder we have an obesity epidemic, sugar and wheat flour in venison?! You are so right, why can't they leave food well alone?

Hopefully you didn't consume enough carbs to make too much of a dent in your loss, you're doing fab and must be so thrilled at your progress!

What did you decide in the end to do for your son's cake? I guess another way to look at it is, 'who cares what she thinks, you're making this cake for your SON, for HIS special day."

Are you going to look back at it one day and say, "he really loved that cake and I made it" or, "I wish I didn't care what others thought and made the cake he really wanted"?
1381559537734.jpg

Hope I haven't been to forward in what I've said. x

No not too forward at all Toni, i completely agree actually.

I've decided not to care what anyone else thinks and to go ahead and make the minion cake but I'm also going to try to make it a bit different and make some cake pops to go around it - got all the stuff yesterday so I can have a practice.

I'm still annoyed about the carbs - I feel very strongly it should be my choice what I put into my mouth. It's fine when it's obviously carby stuff like cake you can choose not to eat it but when you try to make a good choice and eat something like meat that should be fairly healthy you don't expect to be consuming sugars - it's like fattening you up by stealth! Like Toni says no wonder we've got an obesity epidemic! Anyway rant over - nothing much I can do I guess other than being a label detective.

off to get ready now to take my little one to the fair - I will be back later 10x tireder, considerably poorer and laden down with 5 more tonnes of plastic crap to find a home for! Xx

Aw you just have I remember you did the best you could x these situations can't always be avoided.

Hull fair x now there's a blast from the past... I used to live going there when I was young and lived in hull. I was north hull... Used to go to newland school

Glad you have decided to stick with making the minion cake! As everyone has said it's your time and effort for your son! He will love it and that is all that counts x
I'm feeling your pain for your day away, I left the house at 0530 and now sat in the train to get home around 2130 :-( no food, no takeaways near home and bugger all in the fridge at home!
Did you weigh in? x

Aw you just have I remember you did the best you could x these situations can't always be avoided.

Hull fair x now there's a blast from the past... I used to live going there when I was young and lived in hull. I was north hull... Used to go to newland school

Wow small world or what?

i lived in hull for years until I met my husband, now I live in hornsea.

Cant resist a trip back hull for fair though :)

It's a pity kids cakes are not my specialty, otherwise I would help with some ideas. I am trying to develop my own web-site dedicated to entertaining including baking. But I am glad that you decided to go with your own version of the same cake, with the right pinch of love and creativity every cake is different! I bet yours will be amazing.

How was the fair, hun? Hope the weather held and you weren't too laden down with tat :)

Absolutely hear you on the additives with food, it drives me nuts when sugar is added to sliced ham and stuff like that.

Yeah the weather was fairly kind - just started to spit with rain as we left. Was fairly chilly but nothing that a scarf and a pair of gloves couldn't solve.

Spent a blooming fortune on rides and bits of tat he won on the hook a duck stalls - but it was worth it, as we were leaving he gave me a big hug and said mummy that was awesome!

Foodwise there weren't that many choices other than the usual burgers, hot dogs, chips and donuts. Found a kebab stall right at the end that was doing chicken and lamb wraps so had one of those - it was huge, as big as my head so I shared it with hubby. It had two skewers of tikka chicken and a skewer of spicy lamb, salad and garlic mayo in a flatbread wrap and it was amazing. Strictly speaking the flatbread wasn't legal but hey ho I only ate half of it.

Clean and green from today and menu will be:

b: black coffee with one sweetner.
l: garlic sausage with mayo.
d: chicken baked in mayo with egg fried cauli rice.

Had a hairy moment this morning when I went to wash my face - no hot water! Went down to the boiler and the nasty red "fault" light was flashing. I tinkered with it for a bit and managed to get the light to go out and the hot water to come on but the pressure was still too low - 0.7 bar when it should be about 1.5 bar.

My step dad came to look and found there is a drip coming from one of the pipes inside which could be a leak so if it doesn't stop we'll have to get a plumber :-( luckily I think it's only a minor job but just the same it's all expense so close to Christmas.

Aww love it when they are so happy they give big hugs. Thought you were going to say you found one of those spiders I keep reading about in the news when I read hairy and hot water lol. Hopefully it's way to chilly up here for them. :)

Eeeeeeek don't say that - proper arachnophobia here lol xx

Awe JG love those unexpected hugs xx. You don't want boiler clonking out at this time. Apparently it's going to snow next month!!

Look on the bright side hun - at least you discovered the trouble during the day, not in the middle of the night or as Tee says, just when it has started snowing! :)

Hi all,

well the weekend seemed to fly by and I don't seem to have got anything done. I'm absolutely shattered even though its only Monday - what is that all about??

Busy day today - spent the day at a drop in exercise session with the local physiotherapist. Had a lovely moment when a guy I've done some work with in the past came in. He's been quite ill recently and very depressed so I've spent a lot of time on the phone just listening to him. Today was the first time he'd been out in weeks and he travelled to see me as he knew I'd be there - 30 miles just to see me to say thank you for the support, he didn't even stay for the exercise class. That gave me a real buzz

ive spent the evening making minion cake pops to practice for little ones party which is next Saturday. They turned out ok I think but I will tweak them a bit when I do the final versions. They passed Jacobs taste test anyway so it's just a matter of making them look better.

i've got a list of stuff to do this week as long as my arm and don't seem to be getting any further on. At least food is going well today has been:

b: black coffee with one sweetner.
l: garlic sausage and mayo.
d: chicken baked in mayo with egg fried cauli rice.

How lovely is that, you must have got that warm fuzzy feeling inside that happened, you made a real difference to him!

Well done too on the cake pops, you rock! I bet his head's gonna explode with excitement at his party, the biggest smile in the whole of the UK!

Hope you get some rest and got some energy! x

How lovely is that, you must have got that warm fuzzy feeling inside that happened, you made a real difference to him!

Well done too on the cake pops, you rock! I bet his head's gonna explode with excitement at his party, the biggest smile in the whole of the UK!

Hope you get some rest and got some energy! x

yeah that's one of the reasons I love my job so much. Little gestures like that mean the world to me.

Back