Jo's Spangletastic Jibberings- a Joyous Journey

Just a quickie....

Why did I get on the scales this morning?

Why oh why oh why oh why??

I knew I felt a bit squidgy and bloated and am puffy round the eyes....this can only mean one thing.

Oestrogen.

Exactly a month ago I had my lowest loss of a pound despite having a top notch week of running and CD obeyance.

When I clambered in this morning, I was 4 pounds heavier than last week.

4. Pounds.

Now you know and I know and we all know that this will be my weird ovulation body. It has taken me 38 years to realise that I don't just swell up once a month, but twice

Indeed, I carry more water in the middle of my cycle.

So what am I going to do?

Prize open the vending machine in a hormone fuelled rage?

Nope....am going to suck it in.

Affirmations and cheerleading.....I can and I am, I can and I am, I can and I am

If I do I may get a loss on Friday.

Back to work now....having a 100% day by the way and am sending out can do vibes to you all xxx

Just a quickie....

Why did I get on the scales this morning?

Why oh why oh why oh why??

LOL, it's self-torture at its greatest, isn't it? GOK why we do it. But remember, scales are stupid. Repeat it with me:

Scales are stupid

(except my scales, cos my scales say I've lost 3 pounds since Saturday :) Although they probably won't still say that by this Saturday...)

LOL, it's self-torture at its greatest, isn't it? GOK why we do it. But remember, scales are stupid. Repeat it with me:

Scales are stupid

(except my scales, cos my scales say I've lost 3 pounds since Saturday :) Although they probably won't still say that by this Saturday...)

Lily, let's compromise shall we?

MY scales are proper stupid.

YOUR scales are BRILLIANT!!!!!! How marvellous is that?? woo hoooooo!!:banana dancer::banana dancer:

I am on a train with intermittent 3G so my use of banana dancers will be of even lower quality than usual

Gravity is restored....have faith......the scales will stay the same or go down. Oh yesssssssssss.

Well deserved movement woman :))))))

xxx Jo

A strange little voice

Comrades,

Get this right.

I am on a train.

In first class (get me) at the start of a long journey and essentially a 15 hour round trip.

There is free breakfast involved if I want it.

Pastries.

Toast.

Croissants.

Full English.

Yes, full English.

I had kinda given myself permission to have bacon and eggs because it is free and available and I am an opportunistic diet offroader and it will be a long day yaddah yaddah.

But as I considered what to ask for, I heard a little inner voice. It started as a whisper and my foodie voice tried to talk over it (BACON!! YEAH!! IT is FREE!! Don't WASTE IT!!! SAUSAGE!!! YEAH) like it usually does.

But then something odd happened. I told my foodie voice to beak it and listened. I gave the little inner voice some space to be heard.

I did this consciously and subconsciously at the same time. I can't explain how. It just happened, but the voice got louder.

It said:

Hey! Lady!!

aren't you just loving the feel of that SIZE 12 Julien MacDonald day dress around your ever shrinking hips?

Don't you feel so much better now your weight is cming off?

Wouldn't it be nice if you had a third, 100% day in a row regardless of the train journey?

Won't it be great if you get a good weigh in tomorrow?

Yes, you can have that protein....there is a wider road and you do know how to travel it.....well done!

BUT....be aware that your body will use that bacon and eggs rather than shedding the weight you want off by tomorrow.

Jo, you know how you promised yourself a tandoori grill on Friday night if you stick to the plan for 4 days and run on Friday? Focus on that.

Good lass.

See, you can have a cooked breakfast some other time. Doesn't matter that it is free. There will always be free food on offer that you need to pass up. Start now. Atta girl.

And that was it.....the decision was made.

How utterly bizarre and wonderful??

I didn't order any and am sitting here, post-peanut bar feeling rather stunned. In a good way.

3G is rubbish on here....I'll catch up later.

Long and potentially hungry day ahead. Can I do it?

YES I CAN

xxx

Comrades,

Get this right.

I am on a train.

In first class (get me) at the start of a long journey and essentially a 15 hour round trip.

There is free breakfast involved if I want it.

Pastries.

Toast.

Croissants.

Full English.

Yes, full English.

I had kinda given myself permission to have bacon and eggs because it is free and available and I am an opportunistic diet offroader and it will be a long day yaddah yaddah.

But as I considered what to ask for, I heard a little inner voice. It started as a whisper and my foodie voice tried to talk over it (BACON!! YEAH!! IT is FREE!! Don't WASTE IT!!! SAUSAGE!!! YEAH) like it usually does.

But then something odd happened. I told my foodie voice to beak it and listened. I gave the little inner voice some space to be heard.

I did this consciously and subconsciously at the same time. I can't explain how. It just happened, but the voice got louder.

It said:

Hey! Lady!!

aren't you just loving the feel of that SIZE 12 Julien MacDonald day dress around your ever shrinking hips?

Don't you feel so much better now your weight is cming off?

Wouldn't it be nice if you had a third, 100% day in a row regardless of the train journey?

Won't it be great if you get a good weigh in tomorrow?

Yes, you can have that protein....there is a wider road and you do know how to travel it.....well done!

BUT....be aware that your body will use that bacon and eggs rather than shedding the weight you want off by tomorrow.

Jo, you know how you promised yourself a tandoori grill on Friday night if you stick to the plan for 4 days and run on Friday? Focus on that.

Good lass.

See, you can have a cooked breakfast some other time. Doesn't matter that it is free. There will always be free food on offer that you need to pass up. Start now. Atta girl.

And that was it.....the decision was made.

How utterly bizarre and wonderful??

I didn't order any and am sitting here, post-peanut bar feeling rather stunned. In a good way.

3G is rubbish on here....I'll catch up later.

Long and potentially hungry day ahead. Can I do it?

YES I CAN

xxx

You totaly hit the high road Missy, forget those narrow and high varieties...you are crusing along with the self motivator, heck, your self motivator is getting stronger, I think your self motivator may have a 6th gear.

By the way - Virgin first class breakfasts are gross anyway, FACT.

Wow, well done you! That tandoori grill will be loads tastier :D

Right cheerleaders.....

3G is rubbish on this line so just a quick up- date.

After I posted I nearly buckled....then bacon smelled so lush.

Pulled self together, got to London and navigated past biscuits on arrival and a sarnie and crisp lunch.

The positive voice got louder....became like a chant.

Nearly lost control on the train back.... Smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwiches and cream scones.

Aaaarrrrrrghhhhhh. My fave things. And am sooooo hungry....genuinely!

I have dealt with it girls. I just keep saying '100%' over and over in my head.

COME ON :)))))

You know.....we can all do this. If I can let the scone go by, anyone can.

Xxx

Yay. Go on Jo, you're doing it!!!!

Dead chuffed for you xx I had a good day too, maybe it's catching ;)

Just been catching up with you....you are doing tremendously well

Tell me what is driving you

What decisions are you making and how are you making them?

Woohoooooo x

I think having that subway/starbucks yesterday made me realise I can have whatever I want whenever I want and restriction.is a choice instead of a necessity. Made me much more relaxed and dont feel the need to binge and or stockpile for famine. I can work my favourite things in now and again and enjoy them, not trough them and feel guilty x

I think having that subway/starbucks yesterday made me realise I can have whatever I want whenever I want and restriction.is a choice instead of a necessity. Made me much more relaxed and dont feel the need to binge and or stockpile for famine. I can work my favourite things in now and again and enjoy them, not trough them and feel guilty x

That is amazing Carla....to hear you spell it out like that.

After you have been so committed there is bound to be a period of time where the equilibrium changes and you feel a bit out of balance within the world of scran.

But you are sailing those stormy seas my girl and consciously managing your emotions towards special foods.

I am proud of you and inspired about the next phase of my own journey :) xxx

yesssss!!!

Another 2 pounds me hearties.....

That is what I was hoping for and if I keep this up I could get to target by 22 July which is a special occasion

Happy

9 to go babies xxx

MissyJo said:
That is amazing Carla....to hear you spell it out like that.

After you have been so committed there is bound to be a period of time where the equilibrium changes and you feel a bit out of balance within the world of scran.

But you are sailing those stormy seas my girl and consciously managing your emotions towards special foods.

I am proud of you and inspired about the next phase of my own journey :) xxx

Aww Jo, you say the nicest things!

Still feeling good today, hopefully the scary OMGMUSTEATEVERYTHING period is done. Hope your having a great day sweets x

MissyJo said:
Another 2 pounds me hearties.....

That is what I was hoping for and if I keep this up I could get to target by 22 July which is a special occasion

Happy

9 to go babies xxx

Woohoo! Go you! that running is defo paying off for you :D final countdown now, 9lbs, come on!!
:D

Woohoo! 2 pounds off is brilliant!

Time to bring back those dancing plantains... :D

:banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer:

Lily said:
Woohoo! 2 pounds off is brilliant!

Time to bring back those dancing plantains... :D

:banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer:

..With boobs!!

Back