josiejo is ready to judd

josiejo1968

going to do it!!!!
hi everyone,
ive decided to keep a diary to help me keep track and having read everyone elses and being so motivated by them.
i want to lose 3 stone and have tried every diet known to man and then i read about this one aand thought it sounded really good...so here i am!
ive been doing cd and can manage about a week on it before i totally lose the plot and pig out and gain half of what ive lost and so have to start again and i feel like im just wasting 40quid a week and giving myself a really hard time over it.so ive started judd i had my first day yesterday and weighed in at 13st 4lb!! i started on an up day and heres what i had;

1 toasted muffin with 2 dairylea light triangles.

jkt potato with tuna 7 salad.

pkt of disco crisps.

homemade chilli with rice plus 2 slices of garlic bread.

a small cake that my 11yr old had made (i had to taste one didnt i:D)

2 quality sweets.

and i drank water about 2 litres and pepsi max 1 can.

today its a dd for me and i had every intention of using up some of my cd shakes that i have left as it suggests in the book but ive just had;
2 crispbreads and 1 low fat cheese triangle (75 cals) will this be ok im going to make the rest of cals up with shakes if i feel hungry ?

a little bit about me , im a busy mum of 4 fab boys aged 15, 11 and 2 and half yr old twins. i work as a school nurse ( off today though as am not 100%):cry: and love my job . i really want a diet that i can stick with and want to be able to lose the weight by eating and not by starving like on cd cos as soon as you eat normal food again you just put weight straight back on well i do.
im going try and get on here as much as i can and update everyone on my journey and would just like to say how great and supportive you have all been to me so far!!
i think my weigh in day is going be sunday am i had wanted to join ww class but thats on on a monday night and i cant work out how to adjust my days so sunday is a dd to be able to get weighed on a mon(does that make sense???)
so for now until my brain fathoms it out i will weigh in on sunday!!
in the past ive always wanted a quick fix way to lose weight and whilst it works for some it does not for me my body just rebels and makes me eat lol so heres to josiejos judding journey!!!!

:welcome: to Juddd and sorry to hear your feeling poorly. Its a good idea using your shakes as there is no guess work and I use mine for that reason too.
Good luck and l'm looking forward to swapping ideas re the twins!:D

great to have you join our wee gang. I think it's a fab way to lose weight. WW and the like I feel that you are always wanting something more. On this you can have what you want on your UD's. DD you get used to pretty quickly. I try to leave off eating for as long as possible. Good luck on your journey and I'm sure we all look forward to reading your diary.

I agree with Emmasmum you do get used to DD very quickly and that works for me too to leave it till late in the day to eat. Four boys incl. twins - how do you even have time to eat LOL?! Enjoy JUDDDing and welcome. Hoe x

Nice to read your diary JosieJo, and welcome to our little juddd gang :D Sure you'll get on great, just keep posting as it certyainly does help keeping you motivated, I love this site for that, great place to come if you're a bit fed up, or you just want to take you're mind off eating lol! Great people here to :)

Good luck x

lol hoe, i certainly find time to eat!!
well im sitting here and feel really hungry but want to try and wait til later on to have something.
ive still got 425 cals left and could do with a pkt of crisps but keep thinking that i should only have a shake like it says in the book.
have been ok been xmas shopping online 4 the boys much to oh disgust cos ive ordered the boys a kitchen set !!!! they will love it!!
im dying to weigh myself as ive done for ages on a daily basis but im going try and wait til sunday morning. looking forward to sunday as ill be able to join the family and have some lunch...whoopeeee.
ill be back on later hopefully going go and drink loads of water now.
got a list in my head as long as the kods xmas lists of what i want to eat ha ha as long as it stays in my head though eh;)
hope everyone having a good day whether up or down xx

Hi Jo
nice to have you here - if you look at our stats you and I are quite well matched for starting weights - I need to lose a bit more than you though
its great to read a bit about you

Yes the three of us all have very close starting weights. And did you notice Jo and Aaleigha, you both have the same current weight, that's weird lol.

josiejos judd journey day 3

:Dgood morning everyone,
i survived my first dd yesterday and managed to stick to 398 cals not bad going. i must admit i die find it hard and was dying to go to bed so i could wake up and start my ud lol i was like a little one on christmas eve just wanting it to be morning!
And now it is morning and the start of my ud but the long list of 'i want to eat this/that' is no longer there and i feel like i want to eat healthy ive got a craving for fruit!!
ive had my toasted muffin and low fat cheese triangle and 2 cups of coffee and honestly feel bloated ! im loving this diet its so good to know that if i want it i can have it on an ud and i think its a bit like a safety net to fall back on. i dont feel as grumpy as i normally do on cd/any other of the millions of diets i have been on.

im still off work poorly but today i have to go to older boys school for parents day so going have to try and make myself look human as i look like im in practice for halloween at the minute...very scary!

i hope you all have a good day. ill be on later to update my diary but so far so good.

great to ready you survived the DD
I am on one today and expecting to feel cold - that is a seeming side effect Stirky and I suffer from

enjoy your day today

have a good one aaleigha, i felt cold yesterday and had the heating on much to the digust of oh aka victor meldrew!!
ive updated my ticker as i had my weight wrong as 13 st 4lb is 186lb not 183lb my adding up brain is hopeless!! but whatever i am now i hope i get into the 12 st something next week i havnt been there for ages and it will be a huge milestone for me to be 12 st something so thats at least 5 lb i need tp lose !!

may turn today into a medium day would that be allowed ? or do i need to keep it as ud with it being first week etc ??

may turn today into a medium day would that be allowed ? or do i need to keep it as ud with it being first week etc ??
Yes it's allowed if you want to.:) It's better being an MD than turning it into a UD.
The heating is an issue in my house too. I turn if off and OH turns it on. I was working yesterday and he had it on all day!:eek: His excuse, the kids might get cold. How can I argue with that:confused:

Great first down day Jo, well done. The first one is the hardest, they do get easier, promise! They seem to be second nature to me now. I'm on a down day today, but not feeling cold YET! Probably will come lol, usually do!

Have a good MD/UD :D

day 3 ud.
b toasted muffin & low fat cheese triangle

l jkt pot with chilli chiken & salad,can diet coke & 2 quality sweets( choccy addict me).
i must admit i thought id be wanting to eat everything i could lay my hands on but strangely its not the case i am for once in my life not getting obsessed with food whilst dieting!!!!!
day 3 going well oh has just gone to asda with a shopping list as im still poorly, god knows what he will come back with lol!! the twins are having a little nap so im having some me time.
think im going have chicken in tomato sauce with pasta for tea and some garlic bread. and going take miss jt advice and have a sarnie later before i go to bed ( banana with wholemeal bread yummy).
was talking to my friend who is doing really well on ww and telling her about this diet and i wa totally shocked at her response... ' a load of rubbish , you will get an eating disorder, make youself bad etc etc!!' why cant people just be supportive after all its whatever suits the individual isnt it??
SO im defo going lose lots on this diet just to prove certain folk wrong lol!!!
ta ta for now off to do some ironing while boys sleeping...i know my life is far too exciting!
xx

I just wanted to say :welcome2: !!!!!

This diet is GREAT!

Keep it up!

hey can I bring my ironing round to yours _ I hate that task

I must do it on Friday I must do it on Friday I must do it on Friday (but I might find something better to do)

hi everyone,
yes aaleigha bring your ironing round to mine ...it could go on the top of my pile because i didnt do mine as planned i played shops with the twins...:family2:
thanks for the welcome jolinar.
the rest of my ud has gone ok i think(as long as i dont have to count cals as i havnt a clue how many ive had)
for my evening meal i had
chicken in tom sauce with rice and garlic bread.
ive also during the course of the day had a slice of bread and butter and jam, and 4 more quality sweets and some pepsi max.
have i gone ott on my cals ??:sigh:
hope i havnt spoilt it although it does say you can have what you want. have told oh to hide the tin of sweets from me before i finnish the tin!!!
i feel really bloated now its probs all the choccy ive consummed . in a weird sort of way im looking forward to my dd tomorrow so i feel in control. Im going back to work tomorrow too so that should help as ill be so busy after being off for past 3 days.
im excited for wi on sunday but nervous as well incase i dont lose anything or as much as i want to but i suppose a loss is a loss so i will just have to wait and see.

hope your all having good days ,

speak soon xx

Hi josie jo!

I'm new too! Just wanted to let you know that I managed to lose 3lbs last week after only doing 5 days of the diet.... I think we're about the same weight and want to lose about the same amount too - I am also hoping to get into the 12s very soon - would be so nice to get there over the next couple of weeks - I have 6lbs to lose to get ther! But would be the lightest I've been since I was 21!!

I'm no expert (after only doing it for a week) but your UD seems ok to me. I guess it's a case of trial and error to start off with isn't it?!

Anyway, I hope you carry on doing well and enjoy your dd tomorrow!

Mrs J x

Hi Jo,

Sounds like you've had a great up day to me hun, carry on like that and I wouldn't be worrying one bit. Great going! Yes I always look forward to dds too, that sense of control is fab, always feel a bit like I'm stuffing my face too much on up days, although I usually (not every up day tho) count cals and know I'm in my limits, just getting your head round eating what you like lol. It is lovely tho to be able to do that :)

Seems like your friends comments are quite the normal response to this plan. A lot of people don't understand it and think we're just starving ourselves and going to end up anorexic (the day I turn anorexic will be the day when pigs start flying to the moon!). I haven't told many people about theplan I'm on, only my hubby, my mum and about one friend who is really interested in diets lol. Apart from that people know I'm on a diet, some knew I was on slimfast, so just left it as that. It's your business anyway, and you'll show her soon enough! This plan has so many health benefits that a lot of us are already having, it really is amazing and is a plan for life, not just a fad!

Good luck for your down day, hope you're better soon x

I too think your up day was fine

BUT if I brought the ironing round the pile would topple over
as for play shops with the twins - good plan

Back