Journey back to goal

Been up and down weight wise for a couple of weeks. Currently on day 4 of IF and counting macros. I’ve found combining the 2 is working pretty well. I’ve had 2 meals out this week and still down 3lbs. I’m going to my friends for dinner tonight, it won’t be very healthy so I’m I’ll break my fast later in the day to make up for it. I’ve been eating from 1-7pm but think I could hold out until 3pm. I’m also having a couple of drinks. I think vodka is the best thing to drink but I can’t stand it lol. Think I’ll buy a small bottle of Malibu, if I drink for than 2 then I end up eating loads. Fingers crossed I don’t go too mad. She’s making cheesecake too, I love cheesecake. I’m still hoping to be in the 12s by my birthday next month so need to get a move on x x

Doing well with intermittent fasting and counting macros. This week I’ve been out for 2 meals and been to my friends for dinner which including a lovely cheesecake and alcohol, scales are down 4lbs. I’ve made sure I’ve eaten within my eating window and tracked macros, I was over macros the days I ate out and made sure I adjusted my fasting times. I’m still going to sw as I like being weighed else where, helps me stick to it. So desperate to be back in the 12s, feels within sight now 💪🤞
Off to do 100 crunches. Have a good day x x

Feeling good today. On day 6 or 7 on intermittent fasting and counting macros. I’m not 100% with macros but doing pretty well. I’m fasting for at least 16 hours out of 24 every day, I try for 18 a day and manage to do it most days no problem. It’s amazing how the body adapts so quickly. I’m getting weighed at slimming world this morning, went back 2 weeks ago so be interesting to see my loss over 2 weeks.
have a good day x x

Hi Jenny,

Good to see you getting on so well with IF.

I am now doing OMAD and getting on good with it.

Hi Jenny,

Good to see you getting on so well with IF.

I am now doing OMAD and getting on good with it.

hey, glad you’re getting on well with omad, I think I’d be fine doing it if I wasn’t breastfeeding, I think once Skylar is 1 and eating more food it’s something I’d consider if I’m not at my goal weight yet, I really hope I am by then as that’s more than 6 months away

How long have you been doing it? Hope you’re seeing some great results x x

Weighed myself this morning and another lb down 😀 only 1.5lbs from getting out of the obese category, that’s my aim for Tuesday 🤞

at Sw weigh in yesterday I was 7lbs down, that’s over 2 weeks but still over the moon 😀 5.5lbs from 12s. I feel pretty good at the moment, managing to fast no problem and drinking lots of water. Went shopping yesterday with my friend, we were both hungry so ended up going to a cafe, had a fry up without worrying about what I was eating as it fit my eating window and my macros.

Wow !!! That’s amazing - you are doing so well. You will be at target in no time x

I have just started Battle of the bulge this week x

I’m really enjoying IF, I have a app that helps me keep track. I’ve just done 18 hours, going to aim for 2 more and just have a 4 hour eating window today. Haven’t done 20 hours before but think it’ll be fine, I don’t even feel hungry atm.
I’ve been weighing daily and found that my weight is much more stable eating this way, just slowly going down each day. Before I might be up 2lbs then down 2lbs the next day. I’m recording my daily weight and feel in control of it, in the past I’ve been so discouraged weighing daily but it feels different this time.

5 weeks until my birthday, 10lbs off in that time would be great 🤞

we went out to eat yesterday, forgot it was 50% off but luckily our local pub had a cancellation. I had fish, chips and peas, it was lovely, also had a sundae, I love that with IF there’s no restrictions, I think that meal also fit my macros although I’ve been a bit lax recording everything recently. I know a lot of people eat whatever they want in their eating window.

I’m a size 14-16 at the moment, the other day when I went to my friends I thought I’d try a new dress on that I haven’t worn before, I bought it when I was pregnant thinking I’d wear it after losing baby weight, it’s a size 12 and it fit 😱😀 I was so pleased, it was tight fitting but is meant to be. I felt really good in it, bit more motivation to continue losing as I have a wardrobe full of lovely dresses I want to wear again.

off to make lunch for the kid, do my sit ups and weights 💪

Another successful day of eating and exercising, I managed a 19 hour fast yesterday, my daily goal is 18 hours so anything over that is a bonus. I’m trying for 20 hours today, that will my longest fast. A friend of mine on fb has 42 hour fasts, that seems crazy to me but he says he feels great, maybe something to consider when I’m not breastfeeding 🤱

Skylar is almost 6 months, I’ll be starting to introduce food in a couple of weeks, I’m feeling happy and proud she’s been exclusively breastfed, only 1% of babies in the world are at 6 months, to me that figure is shocking. Hoping to continue breastfeeding until she’s 2 like Kaelan as gives them so much goodness and protection.

I haven’t been walking as much lately, partly to do with the weather. I want to try and get back to walking an hour every evening. I’ll be back doing school runs next week which will mean even more walking, I drive the morning school run as I drop my son at nursery straight after school so not until time to walk there, but I’ll be walking every afternoon school run and from jan when Kaelan starts school nursery I’ll be walking to school morning, midday and afternoon, that’s 10000 steps in school runs alone.

weight a little lower again today 😀 my eye is on the overweight category, I’m so close. I really don’t feel or think I look obese and feel it’s a bit rubbish how it’s literally just height and weight that’s taken into account but still I’d prefer to be called overweight than obese lol

have a great day x x

Another lb down today 😀 only 1lb from getting out of the obese range. Fingers crossed by Tuesday.
Managed a 20 hour fast yesterday no problem. I’m aiming for 18 hours everyday but some days I’ll do 20.
Little ones had me up early today but they’re worth it. I’m going to get some extra exercise in. Planning an hour walk later and daily sit ups and weights 💪
Feeling motivated x x

WOOHOO I’m no longer obese 😀🥳 another 1lb down today. I’m so pleased to be out of the obese category. I’m never going back. Now or get to the healthy range 😀 only 3.5lbs from the 12s, I know it’s psychological feeling better in the 12s lol but I do. Probably because it’s so close to my goal stone. I think I might try and get below my goal weight but I’ll see when I get there.

taking the kids to inflatanation at 11, I’ll just be watching as have Skylar with me and bouncing with a dodgy knee isn’t much fun. Kid’s are excited. Kaelan woke up at 7 saying come on mommy we’re going to bounce now 😂 not leaving until 11 lol. I timed it so if we want to go for food afterwards then it’s a good time to break my fast lol.

I’m feeling so good 😀

have a great day x x

Well done Jenny on getting out of the obese range👏👏👏

You are flying it on OMAD😊

I will be three weeks tomorrow on OMAD - I do have a coffee or two with double cream as a bridge between meals.

I didn’t know that only 1% of women in the world are breastfeeding exclusively at six months. I introduced a little food slowly at four months, my son refused a bottle and a soother...I have to be honest there were times I found it exhausting both mentally and physically and when he was two and half in the doctors waiting room when he picked up the bottle of milk out of my bag and started drinking from it I got so excited...the faces of the other mothers in the waiting room were priceless but this was a major breakthrough as I never give up trying...otherwise I think he might still be on it. :classic_tongue:

When I started breastfeeding my biggest worry was will he latch on and then it became how to get him off and my experience was that all the so called experts at the time had nothing practical to offer. The support for mother’s breastfeeding back then 36 years ago was terrible and I was living away from all my family and felt so alone...thankfully things have improved greatly but there still needs a lot more work to be done to encourage and support new mothers...both my granddaughters have been breastfeed with the use of bottle feeding along with soothers.

I’m delighted you get on so well with breastfeeding and I am sure your children will carry on your example when they become parents. I watched my mother breastfeeding my siblings so it never occurred to be not to breastfeed when I had my son.

Well done Jenny on getting out of the obese range👏👏👏

You are flying it on OMAD😊

I will be three weeks tomorrow on OMAD - I do have a coffee or two with double cream as a bridge between meals.

I didn’t know that only 1% of women in the world are breastfeeding exclusively at six months. I introduced a little food slowly at four months, my son refused a bottle and a soother...I have to be honest there were times I found it exhausting both mentally and physically and when he was two and half in the doctors waiting room when he picked up the bottle of milk out of my bag and started drinking from it I got so excited...the faces of the other mothers in the waiting room were priceless but this was a major breakthrough as I never give up trying...otherwise I think he might still be on it. :classic_tongue:

When I started breastfeeding my biggest worry was will he latch on and then it became how to get him off and my experience was that all the so called experts at the time had nothing practical to offer. The support for mother’s breastfeeding back then 36 years ago was terrible and I was living away from all my family and felt so alone...thankfully things have improved greatly but there still needs a lot more work to be done to encourage and support new mothers...both my granddaughters have been breastfeed with the use of bottle feeding along with soothers.

I’m delighted you get on so well with breastfeeding and I am sure your children will carry on your example when they become parents. I watched my mother breastfeeding my siblings so it never occurred to be not to breastfeed when I had my son.

thank Mini, I’m really enjoying fasting, I feel so good. How’s your weight loss been over the 3weeks?

I can imagine how bad the support for breastfeeding mothers was back then, it wasn't great when I had my first 16 years ago, luckily I didn’t require much support. I remember asking the midwife in hospital to help me latch, she tried and said you’re too hot and making me hot, and moved away, luckily I figured it out. I noticed a big change having Kaelan and Skylar, I knew I was going to breastfeed them but was asked several times by midwives, other moms on the wards after giving birth were given so much support, it was lovely to see. These days I’m a pro so don’t need any help, but it can be so hard, especially for first time moms.
my babies wouldn’t take a soother either, like to use me as one 😂

I asked my 16 year old if she thinks she’ll breastfeed when she has a baby, her answer ‘of course I will’ 🥰

have a great day x x

Back