Juju_doll's Diary - Hello Slimming World!

juju_doll

juju_doll
Hello all!

As you can see from my signature, I've already lost a bit of weight on LighterLife. It went really well for 5 months, then Christmas kicked in and I haven't recovered yet! So decided the expense and restriction of LighterLife just wasn't working any more so I'm giving Slimming World a whirl to lose the rest of the weight. It might take longer, but I'm happy to stick to it and take my time. I put a huge amount of pressure on myself during diets which leads to me bingeing, so doing one which seems more relaxed and chilled out will be a very good thing!

I'm also doing it from home with books I've bought from Ebay. I might eventually go to a class once I've got in to the swing of it but again don't want to put the pressure of a weekly weigh in on me.

So I've started today, going to try a mix of extra easy, green and red I think. Doing a green day today so will post my menu at the end of the day.

A little bit about me - I'm 31 (nearly 32 next week), a teacher who lives in Cambridge. Eternally single! My weakness is chocolate, diet coke and unsuitable men!

Looking forward to chatting to you all and please leave me any advice you have!

Julia x

Day 2 complete. Had a red day today, found it more of a struggle than yesterday, I guess I love my carbs too much! So today I had:

Breakfast: Porridge, milk, tsp golden syrup, blueberries (1)

Lunch: Ham, chicken, 2 eggs, spoonful coleslaw, salad, fruit salad (2)

Dinner: Pork chop, onion, tomato courgette, muller light choc mint

Snacks: 2xAlpen bars (hexb) 1tsp sugar (1), Curly Whirly (6), 2 jam cream sandwich bics (7)

Total: 17 syns

As you can see, the biscuits were not a good move .... I work in a school and the staffroom is a nightmare, with far too many treats! When stressed, and today was a nightmare, they are my instant relief and I really need to find ways to deal with things....... still learning though and not going to give myself a hard time. Last Monday when I wasn't on the plan I probably had about 100 syns! I am enjoying the plan though for the moment. Am missing the sugar though and need to work on that.

Hello you have done well Julia :)

Thank you! Only 2 days in .... and coming from LighterLife I feel weird eating on a diet!

Hey Julia, it's been good to read your diary, well done for loosing the weight you have so far. I'm the same weight as you were when you started and I hope I can do as well as you. I've just started SW too but I've dipped in and out in the last few years. Hope you don't mind me following your progress :) Kate x

Thanks Kate, I feel a bit of a failure really. Actually lost nearly 5 stone on LL but two has flown straight back on. So on the slow and steady path. My bingeing has been out of control so filling up on 'proper' food might really help! Good luck with your journey, maybe we can keep each other going!

Day 3

Breakfast - Porridge (hexb), milk (hexa), tsp golden syrup (1), blueberries, banana

Lunch - Jacket Potato, Noodle salad, sweet chilli sauce (1.5), sweetcorn, salad, strawberries, pineapple

Dinner - Pasta, Toms, onion, courgettes, sweetcorn. Muller Yoghurt

Snacks - Banana, 2xlight alpen (hex b), half ham sandwich (7)

Syns - 9.5

Getting used to it now, sugar cravings reducing at least. Managed to snaffle half a sandwich in the staff room which was a total waste of syns. That's the area i need to work on, to start using my syns for things i really enjoy rather than what I eat because i feel tired and stressed!

Day 4 and a red day! Going along well, not feeling so hungry, at least hungry for sugar!

Breakfast: porridge, blueberries, milk, golden syrup (1), banana

Lunch: ham, chicken, eggs, spinach salad, sweet chilli (1.5) fruit salad

Dinner: pork chop, tomatoes, courgettes, onion, jelly (0.5) cream (0.5)

Snacks 2 tsp sugar in tea (2) curly wurly(6) muller light, fruit

Syns: 11.5

Got a couple of difficult days ahead. Dinner party tomorrow night in hosting and then away on a school residential until Monday, so eating school dinners style food! I'm just going to stick to minimal damage and as slimming world as possible as much of the time ....

Hey, that's what I'm worried about too - weekends away and nights out - because I know myself very well and I know I'll eat and drink naughty things. Maybe you could try and eat healthy things during the day as much as you can, like fruit and then have something nice for dinner. You're doing so well, don't wanna spoil it :) x

Agreed, what I want to ensure is that I don't go and eat like a piglet, just because I know I'm not going to rigidly stick to plan. But also, I want to not feel awful and guilty if I break it. Swings and roundabouts ......

Hello how are you getting on? :)

Back