Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything....My Diary

U don't add milk and I think the chocolate ones taste just like 'normal' hot chocolate ... X

Oh my CDC said as I hate milk to use it in a shake she said it would make it much creamier, love cream but hate milk lol - have moved up to 810 and struggling to get the food/milk down me!

can you eat yoghurt, oscar's mum?

i hate milk - but have a 150g pot of fat free yoghurt every day instead. on 810 i had it with a smidge of water flavouring (not fond of plain yoghurt). Now i'm on step three i stir my museli into it for breakfast.

Mmm spangles that's a great tip... Can u add sweetness too ? X

That should say sweetners... Darn iPod !! X

crushed up tablet ones? i guess - but the water flavourings are REALLY sweet, no? And seriously - you only need the edge of a teaspoon's worth. too much and the flavour zaps you like an electric shock! :eek:

to save weighing and measuring, rachel's organic brand do a 150ml pot, which is bloody handy.

hi whitechick, just catching up on diarys from the week!! been a bit manic, but see some of u are getting lumps, i do my shakes in a smoothie maker, makes them lovely n froffy and no lumps!! tried this party as hand blender broke n was trying to improvise lol but its much better than a blender!!

how have u been this week? are u managing all ur meals now? kee telling my BF he needs to have all the products but he doesnt listen some days!!

plan to b back 100% this week so fingers crossed x

heylo :) not been bad - thanks for asking - not been having my shakes much this week, been pretty hungry most of thetime, not had a shake all weekend and had a chicken breast yesterday - today ive been awful, just a handfull of sweets this morning and half a chocolate bar just now - whats wrong with me, why am i so weak i cant stick to this diet properly !! ive never heard of such a strange thing as what im doing, i find it easier to starve than have the shakes !! :/ am cross with myself but tomorrow is another day - got to get into this !!! xx

it's not weakness - it isn't your fault, any more than my doing the same thing as you but when i was calorie counting. diets are a mechanical cure to a psychological problem, and as such they won't all work for everyone all the time.

but - well honey, you are giving yourself malnutition and that's no joke. i'm really sorry to tell you this but if you aren't having three packs a day then you must come off this diet. you will do yourself much more serious medical harm by forcing your body to survive on what you've had this weekend, that you will do by remaining at your current weight.

spangles is right ur body will go into starvation mode and u wont loose anything even if ur not eating.

Maybe take a few days off totally and eat normally, then re start with SS+ so u have the evening meal?

im finding it hard too atm, but am keeping going with the shakes, odd things have crept in too but have had my shakes every day as i know they give me all i need.

Is it that u dont like the shakes? Have u tried the ready done ones? I have 1 packet a day n 2 tetra ready mades, convenience and that they taste normal lol

Yes I agree it's no good, but it's so darned easy for me to do it and get results... I think a few days off is a good idea. I really feel rubbish!!!! I'm gonna have a 'birthday week' and not go mad, just be healthy and then get back into it 100%, thanks for your support / advice girls , sorry I've been so self indulgent and moany X

thats what were here for worried-chick, enjoy ur time off but dont go mad, as them pesky pounds will need to be re-shifted lol and im finding there harder once they've gone once they stick like glue lol

enjoy ur time and find ur vibe again n CD will be here waiting for u :) and us xx

I think a break every now and then can be a motivator - reminder that there is real food to go back to and, with what we've done on CD, that we can do it and be in control, watch portion sizes, etc.

In 3 weeks I'm going skiing and will come off CD for that - I'm really, really looking forward to it. :p

Oh, and this morning I tried a dash of cinnamon in my porridge (plain) this morning - it tasted much, much better! Yay! :)

Hi hun how are you? Sorry to see you're having a rough time. I'm sure a bit of 'healthy' time off will do you good and set your mind back to 100%. I admire anyone doing a vlcd, I'm just not one of those people that could manage it. xxxxx

Hi hun how are you? Sorry to see you're having a rough time. I'm sure a bit of 'healthy' time off will do you good and set your mind back to 100%. I admire anyone doing a vlcd, I'm just not one of those people that could manage it. xxxxx

How have you managed such a terrific weight loss (60lbs) if you're not on VLCD? Wow! :eek:

Hi tizzy, it's been over a long period lol. I started last summer, very half hearted though and this year I've really started to nail it. The first week of January I was 18.1. Today I am 16.5 and it's Totm so I'm hoping that by the weekend that will be less. I have had many treats between now and then though, nights out cocktails a few takeaways, I've sweated most of it off. I've been following slimming world and doing lots of Zumba. I have a diary in the normal diary section, I do write alot though lol. I've totally reformed my eating habits. I eat breakfast too which I never used to do. Still have a fair way to go but I'm determined to get there and I know that this time I will. I get so tempted by vlcd but I just know I don't have the power. I do find that low carbing seems to work well for me and I am fuller for longer. :) xxx

Sorry for hijacking your thread lovely ;) hope you're doing ok? xxx

It's still impressive as both weight loss and perseverance - hats off to you!

My biggest worry is my ability to stick with the diet long enough for me to lose the weight. I'm finding these diaries are really helping - I know I'm not the only one doing the diet, thinking these thoughts, etc.

Back