just had a coke zero

tinamcdonald

hi guys well i have just had a coke zero do u think this will knock me out of ketosis i wish i never now but really fancied something other than water:( i read that they are allowed it on the cambridge diet what do u all think? tina x

It may do as there's citric acid in it and carbs so could well knock you out and could make you feel really hungry. Personally I'd steer clear of anything other than water, tea and coffee until you're on refeed x

just read the bottle no carbs and no citris acid fingers crossed my 2nd weigh in is on monday i could kick my self:( well at least it was not food x

im sure it will have some nasty stuff in it otherwise it would be allowed like tea and coffee, but hope its OK for you on Ur weigh in:)

Don't take any chances Tina. Read the bag and stick to it and I can promise you LT will work. Don't look at other diets and wish you could have any of that. Part of the LT experience is to get yourself away from sugary sweet flavours and re-educate your taste buds. I know it's hard, but your desire to be slimmer needs to be stronger than your desire to taste the old flavours that you liked in your old life. You really need to see it as your old life - and one that you'll NEVER return to.

Good luck and be strong!!

Jon
xx

You will probably be ok as Coke Zero has phosphoric acid in it rather than citric acid - its the citric acid that will chuck you out of ketosis.

However as people above have said you should really stick to the water/tea and coffee, but I am sure that 1 Coke Zero is not going to do you any damage especially if you have been "good" the rest of the week.

Well, how did your WI go? Did it effect your weight loss? :) I hope not, all the best of luck x

Im sure it wont have affected your weigh in too much but really stick to LT to the letter and you cant go wrong!

It works and is proven to work the way its designed. Just because cambridge allow it doesnt mean LT should. Obviously they say no to it for a reason.

I hope you havnt started on a slippery slope.

I am on CD and i am NOT allowed to drink coke, diet or zero! You can have it as you start to work up the plans but on ss and ss+ which is like doing LT, they are not allowed,sorry.

Thanks chick.

Im glad it didnt affect your weight loss ... now no more! :giggle:

Back