Just joined slimming world and confused

Hi I have just joined slimming world and just confused with how it works

a year and a half ago I joined SW 9 and a half pounds heavier but decided to go to a personal trainer who told me to cut out carbs, rice pasta bread etc, just eating lean meats and veg
this is where I lost the 9+lbs which believe me would never have happened
anyway I've been this weight now a year and have never got any support, encouragement from the personal trainer to keep going, so I've been coasting along for a year
i decided to join SW again when my dads carer at the complex he lives at told me she had lost a stone in 3 months
music to my ears as that's what I aim to lose and have been trying to

my main fear is not understanding everything properly and then putting even more weight back on

Could you tell me what you might have in a typical day
yesterday I had
weetabix with banana
poached eggs on wholemeal toast
spagetti bolognaise using the SW recipe
banana
propercorn popcorn as my sins

today
poached eggs on toast
2 bananas
spagetti hoops on toast
lean pork chops, veg
propercorn as sins
( I have a popcorn addiction at night)

Hello and welcome, I would suggest you look at people's diaries got ideas on what they eat. Or the threads what's for breakfast, tea and lunch.
Good luck on your journey

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Your food looks good but how many syns are you spending in popcorn? It's just you dint say

Welcome, :welcome:find someone to invite you to a class and avail of the plan. (Letting them get a free week from introducing a member)
What have you got to lose apart from some unwanted weight?

The slimming world website has a 7 day sample menu plan. The first day of which lists the following.

[Breakfast]. Fruit Salad with strawberries, grape, apple and melon. 2 Ryvita Original with quark skimmed milk soft cheese.

[Lunch]. Ham & Vegetable omelette. Can add potatoes to make it a Spanish style omelette.

[Dinner]. Spaghetti Bolognese.

The plan has foods that you can eat unlimed amounts of. :eat:
  • Most uncooked/unprocessed fruit.
  • Vegetables.
  • Mug Shots.

Hunger should not be a problem but you would have to limit quantities of popcorn or swap it for something that is "Free". Personally I love the Slimming World "syn free" chips/fries. Very tasty and not something you have to measure or limit.

There is a premium placed on healthy home-cooked foods over anything else. The website has *EASY TO FOLLOW* recipes that you do not need to be Gordon, Heston or Delia in order to be able to produce. I hear great things about people being able to get their entire families to eat the SW version of standard family dinners without anyone noticing.

At the moment there is not a lot of convenience food available but they have just announced that Slimming World branded syn free frozen meals will be produced by Iceland next year.

From what I've seen, - if you follow the plan you WILL lose weight. How closely you stick to the plan will determine the extent of your losses. Mine have been moderate but half a pound off is a pound better than half a pound on.

Regards,
Ian

Hi,

If you are following Extra Easy then you have 1 healthy extra a and 1 b, from what you have written you are having 2 b choices ( day 1 weetabix and toast, day 2, 2 lots of toast). You would need to syn the extra portion (norm 5-6 syns per healthy extra.

Hth

At each meal 1/3 of your plate should be superfree food. (Most vegetables and fruits, though not peas, corn or potatoes. You can have them, but they're just free, not superfree.) From reading what you've been eating, it looks like you haven't been doing that at most meals. The SW spag bol has veg in it and you had veg with your pork chops but I can't see that you've had your superfree at other meals.

60g of wholemeal bread is a healthy extra b choice. If doing extra easy you only get 1 B choice a day so anything over that would have to be synned.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you
i just need to understand how it works properly
and then hopefully I can start losing weight
is weetabix classed as free food or healthy extra

Hi Kitty, welcome. :)

One Weetabix is 3 syns (so 2 Weetabix would be 6). Generally speaking, healthy extras outside your allowance of one healthy extra for bread/crispbread/cereals add up to around 6 syns. So with your popcorn you had 14 syns. Not a disaster at all. :) You'll soon get the hang of it. Are you going to class?

I am but the lady really didn't explain it,
I thought my weetabix with milk was my healthy a and b choice
superfree foods lean meats etc
and sins
i really am not getting how this works, I'm more confused

They are but you can only have one a choice and one b choice.
Looking at your diary you are having two b choices the weetabix and the toast. Have a look in your book also there is a new members talk on sw website that will help

You really do need to sit down with your books and read them through. Most people have to do this more than once before it all sinks in (I know I did!)

Extra Easy is 1xb (cereal OR toast) 1xa (milk or cheese allowance)

Free foods - 2/3 of plate (lean meats, fish, eggs, pulses, certain yoghurts, cottage cheese...too many to list)

Other 1/3 is superfree - fruit, veg (except potato, peas, corn which are classes as part of your free food)

Syns - everything else that isnt in the above (extra a and b's, wine, chocolate, mayo..........basically anything) up to 15 a day

I agree with everyone else who have said read the book again and again - soon becomes second nature. And stay to class if you can

Also drink lots of water and try to choose superfree as snacks rather than yoghurts etc to speed up losses

People often get confused with the s and ss symbols next to foods in the book - these stand for speed and superspeed and are nothing to do with superfree - just means that these foods will help to speed up weight loss

I tried to build a really simple format for most days, so I don't really have to think about it.

Breakfast - An apple and 2 babybels (HexA) plus mullerlight and muesli (HexB) soaked overnight (I tend to do all 5 for the week on Sunday nights).

Lunch - Usually something like one of the free supernoodles / packet pasta things I can do quickly. Plus 2 or 3 pieces of fruit.
(Although at least once or twice I'll have something I've made at the weekend or a bit of previous night's dinner reheated).

Dinner - Simple things. Bolgnese, Shep Pie or really simple meat with veg and potatoes.

Syns tend to be either butter / salad cream etc or a couple of small chocolate bars. I don't often eat all my syns.

Weekends I'm a bit more adventurous.

I'd always thought I was someone who liked loads of variety, but actually this sort of 'auto-pilot' thing really works for me. I'm at my worst when I'm mooching around wondering what to have!

How about (to start with) making a list of foods you like and think you'll eat the most of? 5 columns - free, superfree, hea, heb, syns. 2/3 from free list, 1/3 from superfree list plus 1 from each column (per day) from he's then add your syns up

Once you're clear with that you can have a look at adding other foods in

Back