Just made my 1st oopsie rolls

SarahJPG

Well they have 5 more mins in the oven and look yummy let's hope they taste as good as they look lol

A lot of people just love the oopsie rolls. I find them too much like omelette - and a hassle to make! So I make MIMs instead. Either way you end up with a very fair bread subsititute.

I have a question about oopsies, do they have a texture at all like the pastry used for eclairs,

would they make good eclair substitutes if you made them into sweet logs, filled with cream and topped with melted dark choc?

MIM's are muffins in a minute and very tasty there is a sticky thread that has loads of recipes I have made the basic one and the chocolate one (which was delicious)

As for the oopsie rolls, i think you could definatley make an eclair out of them - not quite the same texture as choux pastry but mine were quite crispy on the outside but softened up a bit once they had cooled down - although V.interesting idea I wonder if they would make decent profiteroles??? yum yum might have to try that this week!!!

I made some oopsie rolls today for the first time, and squished them flatter to make a pancake. They defiantly need flavouring, there was a faint eggyness, but i added splenda which was ok. Perhaps I could find something stronger and sweeter.

Back