Just saying hello!

Jawa79

Hi all,

Im a 31 year old guy who has always been 'big'(fat!). I've never really tried to loose weight before, but I've noticed in the last few years since getting married that I'm getting bigger.

I have 2 young children (a 2 year old, and a 5 month old), and they're part of the reason that I'm finally going to try and do something about my weight. Its already quite tiring playing with my 2 year old, and I know it'll only get more demanding when they can both run rings around me.

My wife is awesome, and doesnt mind my size at all, but she's being very supportive and I know she'll help me as much as she can. She's actually doing Weight Watchers to loose her baby weight, although I've opted to try Slimming World (Online - I work shifts so I prefer online) as I think it'll suit my eating style better!

So I'm going to weigh myself this afternoon (dreading it) and begin tomorrow!

Expect good and bad post's from me here, but I think we all have those days! :D

:)

You've made the biggest step, deciding to do something about it. Men tend to lose weight a bit quicker than women too (probably the higher muscle mass) so that will hopefully keep you motivated. It's great you and your wife are losing weight together though, and you also have the wonderful motivation that you can play more with your kids! Let us know how you do :)

V

hi and :welcome: to minimins! Wishing you the very best of luck on your weight loss journey!

Good luck with your diet. You've made the first step which is the biggest in deciding that you need to lose weight and want to do something about it. I'm sure with all the support of the lovely people on this site that you'll achieve your goals. Keep us updated.

:)

Back