Just started Slimming World yesterday!

NewMe2009

Hello, thought I would quickly introduce myself to the board as a newbie!
I started on Slimming World online with my first day being yesterday. I'm finding it quite tricky getting my head around the whole 'free food' thing, and managed to eat way too much yesterday and suffered bloating all evening. Bad news. But I think I'm learning that everything has to be in moderation! I just got over-excited about being 'allowed' to eat...!

Today's my second day on green:
B: Banana
L: Egg fried rice made with fry-light, and lots of free veg. Seasoned with oyster sauce (0.5 syn), ginger, soy sauce, and 1 tsp of sesame oil (2 syn)
Weightwatchers choc bar (4syns)
D: Sardines (hexB) and toast (hexB) with free salad and fat free dressing.
Milk in teas throughout day (hexA)
Total syns: 6.5

Does this sound okay to you? Am I counting things properly?

Also, I'm not sure how many syns I should have. I'm only 5'2'', and 9st2lb, and confident if I ate 15 syns a day I'd put on weight!

x

well done on joining slimming world and your diary for your first day looks perfect,i eat more than that tho and lose so dont worry about gaining if you are putting in 100% and following it properly you will lose so enjoy the 15 syns your allowed

Hi and welcome to SW and this lovely forum!

Your diary looks good - don't worry about syns, it doesn't matter how tall you are, we can all have 5-15 syns a day. Start with 15, you won't put weight on, that's for sure, but if you find your losses aren't as good as you hope then you can reduce them. That's something for the future though and your consultant (and us!) will advise.

Good luck this week, keep on posting!

Thanks guys... I was so full and bloated last night but think it was because I had a whole tin of beans on my jacket potato for tea - not because I was hungry.. but because I knew I could! LOL

Ax

Hello and welcome to the forum, good luck with your weight loss. X

Just reading you diary Huni, just wanted to say good luck!
I get bloated on a Green Day too, but if you have a few red days (thats if you eat meat!), that will sort itself out.

I also find as a tip: dont have a green day, the day before you weigh, as it somehow makes you heavier!

Take care

Kerry-Ann

hello and welcome to sw i am also new to this i started last tuesday so i got my 1st real weigh in this week and i am hoping i have lost. i am doing the EE and that is great as you dont have to weigh any thing all u have to do if your hexA and hexB and your syns........ any way good luck with your weight lost xxx Anna xxx

Back